Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I guess Eric Staal was done too... He as championship pedigree and can play all three forward positions pk pp play up and down the lineup. He'd be an awesome addition.

Never said he was done. I know the kind of player he is. Just don't think he's worth the price tag he'll warrant. He's in a down year, he's 35yo and he's a rental. I don't see him as being a "perfect fit" like you do. Sorry. :dunno:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Dallas becomes a seller at the deadline: Deadline Deal
To Dallas: 2017 4th rd pick & Dahlen LW or Chlapik C or both
To Ottawa: Patrick Eaves RW

Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Brassard - Eaves
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil/Lazar

Hoffman - Smith - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Kelly - Brassard - Eaves
Pyatt - Pageau - Neil/Lazar

To Arizona: 2017 3rd rd pick, Pageau C, Pyatt LW & Hammond G
To Ottawa: Martin Hanzal LW

Hoffman - Smith - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Hanzal - Brassard - Eaves
Paul - Kelly - Neil/Lazar

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Not to mention the traveling jagrs means an extra 10 seats sold per game

Also this year's draft is weak by all reports, trade this year's first if need be and try and pick up another first for the year after

Maybe this years 1st and a 4th (or B prospect) for the Panthers 2nd and Jagr? We drop maybe 20 picks in a weak draft and also give up a middle range future to get Jagr. Think the Panthers would do it if they are interested in trading him or would another team offer far more?

I don't like not having a pick until the 3rd round so the 2nd back for our first is pretty essential. Pick 35-40ish.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan

Hoffman - Smith - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Kelly - Brassard - Eaves

Hoffman - Smith - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan

Aragon... can't you just love Pageau because he plays like he thinks he is 6'4" 230 lbs?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Aragon... can't you just love Pageau because he plays like he thinks he is 6'4" 230 lbs?

I do like the way Pageau plays & wished every player on this team played like him. But adding Hanzal & Eaves to the lineup creates a pretty good 3rd line with Eaves having 17 goals so far & Hanzal has 10 goals (46 pts between them) along with Brassard who is also a pretty good goal scorer & pt producer himself (22 pts). I know a lot of people are somehow tied to Pageau & now Pyatt & hate to give those guys up but these two add more scoring which will be needed for a playoff run without giving up much defensively. Besides I like making up trades. :laugh:

When Hanzal & Eaves are gone Paul & White can replace them on the roster. :nod:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Why is it that I've read so many posts on here criticizing management for trading picks and prospects for players who don't fit our team long term, yet just about every trade proposal I've seen in the last month involves trading picks and prospects for guys who won't help us long term?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What about Sharp?
I think he would be too expensive to get & his salary is too high.

lmao dahlen + chlapik for Eaves

I did say one or the other but I'm not a fan of either & will be surprised if either ever make it to Ottawa to be frank. Eaves has 17 goals, I think that accounts for something & he is very affordable for Ottawa & they need an upgrade now to make a playoff run.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I did say one or the other but I'm not a fan of either & will be surprised if either ever make it to Ottawa to be frank. Eaves has 17 goals, I think that accounts for something & he is very affordable for Ottawa & they need an upgrade now to make a playoff run.

Huh... They are both excellent prospects.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why is it that I've read so many posts on here criticizing management for trading picks and prospects for players who don't fit our team long term, yet just about every trade proposal I've seen in the last month involves trading picks and prospects for guys who won't help us long term?

It's about improving the team to win now & advance further in the playoffs by adding two experienced players who can put up pts as well as play a sound defensive game & Hanzal is pretty good at faceoffs, something that becomes even more important in the playoffs. And let's be fair, I don't expect either Dahlen & Chlapik to ever make it to the NHL tbh so I don't think they would be a great loss. The picks might be but they are also late rd picks. I still kept the 1st rder for this yr & didn't include Chabot, White or Brown in the proposals. I don't see that we gave up all that much & we have guys coming to replace them if they don't stay for next season in Paul & White.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
:laugh:Eaves is an old man we dont need to moving out solid prospects for a guy like him .Think Pa parenteau ,good scorer on a really bad team :nod:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Huh... They are both excellent prospects.

Excellent? Really? What would their value be do you think? A mid to higher first rd pick would be excellent, a late 1st rder would be very good. Are they either? Both were picked in the 2nd rd, which I guess is promising & hopeful. Is Eaves with 17 goals & 29 pts worth a 2nd rder?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Picking up a guy like Condra for free, to actually try and ice a 4th line is something the team should be looking at TBH.Rather than moving out a prospect for guy like Eaves,that does get the luck of playing with either a guy like Seguin or Spezza as his center,he wont get the same kind of production here

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It's about improving the team to win now & advance further in the playoffs by adding two experienced players who can put up pts as well as play a sound defensive game & Hanzal is pretty good at faceoffs, something that becomes even more important in the playoffs. And let's be fair, I don't expect either Dahlen & Chlapik to ever make it to the NHL tbh so I don't think they would be a great loss. The picks might be but they are also late rd picks. I still kept the 1st rder for this yr & didn't include Chabot, White or Brown in the proposals. I don't see that we gave up all that much & we have guys coming to replace them if they don't stay for next season in Paul & White.

Well just because you don't see those guys making the NHL doesn't mean they won't. Plus, I doubt Arizona goes for your offer for Hanzal. How do Pyatt and Hammond help them?

I may be alone on this, but I'm not sure rentals are the way to go. Unless we can get one for a 4th or something. We've already traded our 2nd round picks for the next two years.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
:laugh:Eaves is an old man we dont need to moving out solid prospects for a guy like him .Think Pa parenteau ,good scorer on a really bad team :nod:

:laugh: Aren't all the UFAs old men for the majority on here? Some guys want Jagr. :laugh:

Picking up a guy like Condra for free, to actually try and ice a 4th line is something the team should be looking at TBH.Rather than moving out a prospect for guy like Eaves,that does get the luck of playing with either a guy like Seguin or Spezza as his center,he wont get the same kind of production here

Pls not Condra. Eaves would be playing with Brassard who's not too shabby if he can ever get going & Hanzal who is also playing on the top line in Arz. Funny, Eaves is too old for us but he is doing great playing on the top two lines in Dallas. :laugh: We are talking about rentals, no more than that.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Well just because you don't see those guys making the NHL doesn't mean they won't. Plus, I doubt Arizona goes for your offer for Hanzal. How do Pyatt and Hammond help them?

I may be alone on this, but I'm not sure rentals are the way to go. Unless we can get one for a 4th or something. We've already traded our 2nd round picks for the next two years.

You're definitely not alone on this. I'd rather stand pat than make any of the trades I've heard proposed.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Of course, it's just an opinion based on watching them at development camps & on TV. I just wanted to get rid of Hammond tbh but Pyatt & Pageau together give them a pretty good shutdown tandem the same as they are doing for us, a good dependable defensively responsible 3rd line. They have a lot of good young players & could use some defensive help I believe. Do you honestly think we will get anything of any value for just a 4th without including some depth prospects? People told me Arz is going to demand a lot for Hanzal's services, hence, a 3rd plus package. People want to make a trade that will improve the team but they don't want to give up anyone & only want to trade for the best players possible. :laugh:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
:laugh: Aren't all the UFAs old men for the majority on here? Some guys want Jagr. :laugh:

Pls not Condra. Eaves would be playing with Brassard who's not too shabby if he can ever get going & Hanzal who is also playing on the top line in Arz. Funny, Eaves is too old for us but he is doing great playing on the top two lines in Dallas. :laugh: We are talking about rentals, no more than that.
I dont mean to come off as making fun as i think you are a great poster and i enjoy reading what you post .I just think what this team needs ,is a legit top 6 LW .And a fast top 9 two way RW.I know Condra really isnt much of anything more than a bottom 6 player without much offense,but we all know he is a very solid defensive player .And would have some chemistry with a struggling Lazar on that 4th line as opposed to a beaten down Neil.Adding the pricetag of Free makes it seemly a decent move to make .

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan

Hoffman - Smith - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Kelly - Brassard - Eaves

Hoffman - Smith - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan

No to Eaves. I would rather keep the young guys.
No to Hansa as I would rather keep Pageau.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I dont mean to come off as making fun as i think you are a great poster and i enjoy reading what you post .I just think what this team needs ,is a legit top 6 LW .And a fast top 9 two way RW.I know Condra really isnt much of anything more than a bottom 6 player without much offense,but we all know he is a very solid defensive player .And would have some chemistry with a struggling Lazar on that 4th line as opposed to a beaten down Neil.Adding the pricetag of Free makes it seemly a decent move to make .

Condra cleared waivers. Dorion missed the boat.

Also, Eaves is 32. Hardly old, but no spring chicken either.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

I don't complain about the team dealing futures.

I am always optimistic about the team (often in the past too optimistic) and I am now.

I look at the team and think... this team has a really good chance to finish 2nd in the division. And according to SportsClubStats has an 87% chance at making the playoffs.

If we are able to finish 2nd then we get a home match-up versus an equal or worse team then us. If we win that then we face the Habs or a Wild Card team. Both of which do not scare me at all. We really have a decent shot to get to the playoffs and even make a run to the Eastern Conference final.

Now is not the time to go all in. White (who could help us this playoffs) and Chabot are absolutely untradeable. I do not really want to trade Brown either. I think now is not the time to go after Tavares or Duchesne. But getting a decent middle 6 tweener winger or a better 4th line centre or both is something we should do and mortgage mid value futures to do it. Either as a pure rental or a guy with another year left. We have the cap space now and next year.

I don't mind the idea of getting Eaves or even Jagr. Or getting Boyle from Tampa.

I am not afraid to trade our first (if we are getting quality player back) if we get a second back. Not comfortable not drafting until like 75th-80th this draft.

I give up Brown for a guy that is just a rental. If we deal Brown then we need to have a player for awhile.

Just my take. I think the Sens owe it to the fans to go for it to some degree. Not all in, but they need to improve the team. Also it looks good to Karlsson. Resigning Karlsson is huge to this franchise and if management is willing and able to upgrade a pretty good team then that helps sell him on staying here another decade. Also attendance is crappy still. Ownership needs fans to care and believe we can go deep in the playoffs. If they do we start getting full crowds almost every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad