Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I dont mean to come off as making fun as i think you are a great poster and i enjoy reading what you post .I just think what this team needs ,is a legit top 6 LW .And a fast top 9 two way RW.I know Condra really isnt much of anything more than a bottom 6 player without much offense,but we all know he is a very solid defensive player .And would have some chemistry with a struggling Lazar on that 4th line as opposed to a beaten down Neil.Adding the pricetag of Free makes it seemly a decent move to make .

I don't take offence, I trust that you are a respectful insightful poster & hope that you think the same of me. We both watch a lot of hockey & both like the same team with different views from time to time. I think Pyatt has the role Condra would play which is why I don't see Dorion claiming Condra at all but you never know. I also don't see Neil being replaced this yr at all, could be a respect thing by the team for yrs of service & I think that it's possible he is re-signed for next season to the chagrin of many on here. I assume you are for standing pat & not trading any assets & wait for the prospects to arrive at some point, is that correct?

BTW top 6 LW - Hanzal has been playing on the top line in Arz I read somewhere. And Eaves is a top 9 two way RWer with some speed, maybe not a burner but fast enough & both can score. They maybe older than most want but I don't expect we'll get any under 30 yrs old that doesn't cost a lot more is all I'm saying. At least we both kind of agree Ottawa could use a couple of good wingers. :nod:

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
:laugh: Aren't all the UFAs old men for the majority on here? Some guys want Jagr. :laugh:

Pls not Condra. Eaves would be playing with Brassard who's not too shabby if he can ever get going & Hanzal who is also playing on the top line in Arz. Funny, Eaves is too old for us but he is doing great playing on the top two lines in Dallas. :laugh: We are talking about rentals, no more than that.

No Condra. Pyatt is Condra but he has hands. Condra over Neil is not really much a move forward. If you want bottom line Tampa players get Boyle for 4th line centre and put Kelly as an injury reserve/occaisional player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brian Boyle for 3rd round pick. Big!

I actually considered Brian Boyle for a 5th & Chlapik. :laugh:

Hoffman - Smith - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Hanzal - Brassard - Eaves
Paul - Boyle - Robinson/Neil - very BIG! :laugh:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Of course, it's just an opinion based on watching them at development camps & on TV. I just wanted to get rid of Hammond tbh but Pyatt & Pageau together give them a pretty good shutdown tandem the same as they are doing for us, a good dependable defensively responsible 3rd line. They have a lot of good young players & could use some defensive help I believe. Do you honestly think we will get anything of any value for just a 4th without including some depth prospects? People told me Arz is going to demand a lot for Hanzal's services, hence, a 3rd plus package. People want to make a trade that will improve the team but they don't want to give up anyone & only want to trade for the best players possible. :laugh:

Pageau should be kept always. With his offensive production he is not gonna get a big next contract at this point. He is so useful and relentless and can defend, PK, lead a line. If somehow we get more talented any 4th line Pageau is centering is gonna destroy match-ups like Vermette/Kelly did as 4th line types in 05-07.

Pageau should be virtually untradeable until or if he ever is making $3 million per. Pageau on the cheap is just so useful and if the team ever gets so good that Pageau faces 4th lines of other teams with decent wingers with him he is gonna be like +35.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't take offence, I trust that you are a respectful insightful poster & hope that you think the same of me. We both watch a lot of hockey & both like the same team with different views from time to time. I think Pyatt has the role Condra would play which is why I don't see Dorion claiming Condra at all but you never know. I also don't see Neil being replaced this yr at all, could be a respect thing by the team for yrs of service & I think that it's possible he is re-signed for next season to the chagrin of many on here. I assume you are for standing pat & not trading any assets & wait for the prospects to arrive at some point, is that correct?
I want to improve the team but i want the same or better in the top 6 as we would have had in Macarther,so i want a player that has some term and can be a player for us past this season.As for Condra i only mention him as a bottom 6 guy because he is actually a RW whereas Pyatt in a LW .As an upgrade on Neil ,just to try and make the 4th line a little more playable .

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No Condra. Pyatt is Condra but he has hands. Condra over Neil is not really much a move forward. If you want bottom line Tampa players get Boyle for 4th line centre and put Kelly as an injury reserve/occaisional player.

Agreed but as I said before I just don't think Kelly or Neil are going anywhere nor do I think they will get scratched. I think this organization has too much respect for what they have done for the franchise & will let them play out the yr at least.

Pageau should be kept always. With his offensive production he is not gonna get a big next contract at this point. He is so useful and relentless and can defend, PK, lead a line. If somehow we get more talented any 4th line Pageau is centering is gonna destroy match-ups like Vermette/Kelly did as 4th line types in 05-07.

Pageau should be virtually untradeable until or if he ever is making $3 million per. Pageau on the cheap is just so useful and if the team ever gets so good that Pageau faces 4th lines of other teams with decent wingers with him he is gonna be like +35.

Yea, I think it will be next to impossible to trade Pageau, not only do that fans love him but I think the organization loves him & he helps to sell tickets in Gatineau.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I think Hanzal would be a good fit, Jagr and Sharp would be awesome too

IF were gonna go for rentals these are the three guys id be most interested in

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I want to improve the team but i want the same or better in the top 6 as we would have had in Macarther,so i want a player that has some term and can be a player for us past this season.As for Condra i only mention him as a bottom 6 guy because he is actually a RW whereas Pyatt in a LW .As an upgrade on Neil ,just to try and make the 4th line a little more playable .

What do you think Dorion will do at the deadline? Anything or nothing? My guess is something very underwhelming for the fan base which won't cost him much. He may use the 1st in a package for Duschene or Landeskog but somehow I doubt it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
What do you think Dorion will do at the deadline? Anything or nothing? My guess is something very underwhelming for the fan base which won't cost him much. He may use the 1st in a package for Duschene or Landeskog but somehow I doubt it.
For me he would be the target ,i like Duchene but i really dont see him as being better than Turris ,and for what he would cost .I would go for the younger winger,and try and regain some of that good wing depth we once had .As for your question i think Dorion needs to do something big ,and make a good push here .But i feel the money issue will rear its ugly head as it always seems to do ,and leave all of us wanting

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
For me he would be the target ,i like Duchene but i really dont see him as being better than Turris ,and for what he would cost .I would go for the younger winger,and try and regain some of that good wing depth we once had .As for your question i think Dorion needs to do something big ,and make a good push here .But i feel the money issue will rear its ugly head as it always seems to do ,and leave all of us wanting

Agreed. I think so too. Nice talking to you, have a great week.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It's funny because the Yotes would take Pageau straight up for Hanzal, let alone us adding a 3rd and Pyatt.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I would love to trade for vrbata. 1m$ cap hit with some bonuses already paid out, and he has more points than any senator not name mike mark or erik.

Dzingle - Turris - Vrbata
Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Ryan
Kelly - Lazar - Neil

- Hoff and Stone who have the best chemistry of all our forwards get to play togethor
- Vrbata Dzingle and Turris all having great individual season will get to play togethor and be a hot first line
- third line of players all capable of hitting 20 goals
- reduced ice time allows ryan more opportunity to play at 100% and rest and repeat

Honestly I think that could rival Pittsburgh for best top 9 in the league. Only problem is demand for Vrbata is going to be high because of his cap hit and the amount of buyers in the market

Last edited:

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Honestly I think that could rival Pittsburgh for best top 9 in the league. Only problem is demand for Vrbata is going to be high because of his cap hit and the amount of buyers in the market

Okay, yes Vrbata would be a nice boost but chill with the hyperbole

Let's be real, that is nowhere near Pittsburgh. Their 3rd best forward in Kessel is arguably better than our best forward in Stone. It ain't just about depth having elite guys at the top matters too, and in that department we don't come close to the contenders.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Crosby > Turris

Malkin> Brassard

Stone > Kessel

Hoffman > Hagelin

*Hornqvist = Ryan

*Bonino = Pageau

Dzingel < Guentzel

Vrbata > *Rust

*Sheary > Smith

I would say its really close in the depth department. The names I put a star beside are just products of the team they play on.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Crosby>>>Turris
Malkin>>>>Brassard
Hornqivst >> Ryan

He is 100% not a product of the team he's on. You must've missed his play in NSH.

Smith over Sheary, he's def products of the team around em.

We are no doubt better than Pitts in depth and on D. The only problem is, they got two of the top 5 players in the world playing the 2nd most important position in hockey.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Crosby > Turris

Malkin> Brassard

Stone > Kessel

Hoffman > Hagelin

*Hornqvist = Ryan

*Bonino = Pageau

Dzingel < Guentzel

Vrbata > *Rust

*Sheary > Smith

I would say its really close in the depth department. The names I put a star beside are just products of the team they play on.
Well what this doesn't tell you is how much better their top 2 centers are than ours.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Brian Boyle for 3rd round pick. Big!

Boyle would be a perfect replacement for Kelly and seriously upgrade our 4th line and could just as easily play on the 3rd.

Not sure what Tampa would want for him, but I'd love to add him at the right price.

Vrbata is the other guy I think might be a good addition at the right price, though I'm not sure what it would take.

This would be damn nice to ice:

Dzingel-Turris-Ryan (If Ryan finds his game, good scoring line)
Smith-Brassard-Stone (Stone makes any line click, but these three have been great)
Hoffman-Pageau-Vrbata (looks like a very solid scoring 3rd, pageau does the dirty work)
Pyatt-Boyle-Lazar (shutdown energy line, I think this would even be a good third line)
extras: Kelly/Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad