Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sens should continue to add speed to the lineup not sure if Jagr is a good fit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sens shouldn't add anyone. Ride through the year without giving up assets. They are going to make the playoffs regardless IMO, and adding 1-2 guys isn't going to push us to contenders.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Would be hilarious to see Hoffman be forced to change numbers. Don't think Jagr wants to leave Florida though, even for a stretch drive

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Sens shouldn't add anyone. Ride through the year without giving up assets. They are going to make the playoffs regardless IMO, and adding 1-2 guys isn't going to push us to contenders.

I agree. Unless someone gifts the Sens 2 or 3 top end players for nothing, this team is nothing more than a playoff team.

Hope for a nice run and maybe a little magic but don't waste assets to "win now" when we are not legitimate contenders.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

It depends on the price. I'd give up the equivalent of 2nd round picks* or later round picks all day at the deadline in order to increase our chances to win in the playoffs.

If we're giving up a 1st, I'd want to be getting a guy who isn't a rental.

*Yes, I know we have no 2nd rounders.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
A 3rd-5th rounder for a 3rd liner we may consider re-signing to add depth through the lineup and make the 4th line better.

Heck, we traded Kovalev for a 7th rounder at one point. He was better than our 4th liners back then... then again he still might be better than they are now. So there are deals to be had at the deadline. We don't need to do something ridiculous like trade 3 first rounders for "old 1st liner".

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think we should trade A prospects or 1st rounders for deadline UFAs.

If we are to add , I would like it to be a hockey trade that improves the roster now and going forward.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A 3rd-5th rounder for a 3rd liner we may consider re-signing to add depth through the lineup and make the 4th line better.

Heck, we traded Kovalev for a 7th rounder at one point. He was better than our 4th liners back then... then again he still might be better than they are now. So there are deals to be had at the deadline. We don't need to do something ridiculous like trade 3 first rounders for "old 1st liner".

Yeah, this is how I feel too. A guy like Boyle would be a fantastic long term replacement (like re-sign him for the next 3 years) for Kelly's role, though I guess he might be a touch expensive for that.

I don't think trading a top prospect (big 3, or even that next tier) or trading away our 1st is something we do unless it's for a long term solution. No need to overpay right now, if the right deal presents itself, sure, but otherwise we don't need any rentals.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014

Not sure about that. Add a skilled puck moving top 4 d-man or top 6 forward and then hope for red hot Anderson in nets. Not likely gonna happen, but for sure it would make us contenders (and this is assuming Pit and Washington don't have any key injuries, cuz if they do then East is wide open).

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To get a player that improves the roster now could be a handful of guys most likely older UFA players whereby you might get another yr or two from who might not be that expensive depending on how well they are doing this yr. To get a guy who can improve the roster & going forward might mean a younger player & they always cost more especially if they are decent players, most teams don't want to give up good young players without costing a heavy price. Exchanging two players who are similar but maybe a change of scenery might help them is always an option but could easily backfire too.

I think there are some decent UFA older players who shouldn't cost much to choose from but it will likely cost late rd picks & maybe a depth prospect. I wouldn't want to give up our top 3 or 4 prospects or our 1st rd pick but considering people are saying that this could be a weak draft I would be okay with giving up any of our 3rd to 7th picks plus any depth prospect, any of our Bingo players not named Paul or Perron & any depth prospects past the top 4 except Hogberg & anyone on our 3rd or 4th line (except Neil) if it will improve the team. I would also add that trading for an older player that you would like to re-sign is an option since I would think most older player's salaries are likely to be coming down due to age rather than going up or staying the same depending on their success.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
To :coyotes
Cody Ceci
3rd round pick 2017

To :sens
Michael Stone
2nd round pick 2017

Try to re-sign Stone after the expansion draft, grab a high 2nd for a 22 year old top 4 D (Ceci).

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Boyle would be a perfect replacement for Kelly and seriously upgrade our 4th line and could just as easily play on the 3rd.

Not sure what Tampa would want for him, but I'd love to add him at the right price.

Vrbata is the other guy I think might be a good addition at the right price, though I'm not sure what it would take.

This would be damn nice to ice:

Dzingel-Turris-Ryan (If Ryan finds his game, good scoring line)
Smith-Brassard-Stone (Stone makes any line click, but these three have been great)
Hoffman-Pageau-Vrbata (looks like a very solid scoring 3rd, pageau does the dirty work)
Pyatt-Boyle-Lazar (shutdown energy line, I think this would even be a good third line)
extras: Kelly/Neil

Yeah that would be awesome. Here's hoping!

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Wonder if the team would have interest in a signed Shattenkirk from St.Louis. We could trade Colin White, Cody Ceci and a 2017 2nd to the Blues for Shattenkirk.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wonder if the team would have interest in a signed Shattenkirk from St.Louis. We could trade Colin White, Cody Ceci and a 2017 2nd to the Blues for Shattenkirk.

Tony D... we do not have a 2017 or a 2018 2nd, we do not have a 2017 or a 2018 2nd, we do not have a 2017 or a 2018 2nd, we do not have a 2017 or a 2018 2nd, we do not have a 2017 or a 2018 2nd, we do not have a 2017 or a 2018 2nd. What I mean by that is that we do not have a 2017 or a 2018 2nd.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Crosby > Turris

Malkin> Brassard

Stone > Kessel

Hoffman > Hagelin

*Hornqvist = Ryan

*Bonino = Pageau

Dzingel < Guentzel

Vrbata > *Rust

*Sheary > Smith

I would say its really close in the depth department. The names I put a star beside are just products of the team they play on.

Lmao, you tell me what you think is more important

Our bottom 6ers/complimentary wingers being marginally better than theirs, or their top two centers being in a different stratosphere compared to ours

I said it before and I'll say it again. Its not just about depth, what you have at the top matters too. Compare us to Pittsburgh, Washington, San Jose up front...they all have elite guys that we simply can't match.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

This couldn't be any more spot on.

Let the guys play that are winning right now. Let's keep the cupboards stocked and adding to it with this draft coming up.

Seem's a lot of our prospects are having strong second half's of the season. Our prospect pool could get very deep.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
"do nothing"

oh Sens fans...

Do nothing if you can only get an old player or a rental that you can't keep.

Do something if you can get a multi year youngish player who will actually help when the team can win a cup

Sens need to open a window then expand it. Not go all in when you missed the playoffs last year and arent exactly a great team this year

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
To :coyotes
Cody Ceci
3rd round pick 2017

To :sens
Michael Stone
2nd round pick 2017

Try to re-sign Stone after the expansion draft, grab a high 2nd for a 22 year old top 4 D (Ceci).

Pretty sure Ceci is worth more on the open market than a 2nd round pick, particularly when we have to toss in a 3rd to get it. Stone is UFA. Sure, he holds some value as a rental, but we don't need a rental on D at the expense of Ceci. I don't see us picking him up for the last ~30 games as increasing our odds of signing him in the offseason, though that's up for debate.

If we're going to trade Ceci, it needs to be for a more tangible upgrade. Trading for Stone right now to me is simply not a long term solution to any problem this team has imo. Wait till offseason, try and sign him then if we want him. swapping him and ceci doesn't really move the needle much if at all, and upgrading a 3rd to a high 2nd isn't worth giving up on Ceci.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I really do not like trading for Dmen at the trade deadline. I feel like they need more time to adjust to a new team than a forward. If you want to change up your defense, probably best to wait until the off season unless you're dealing with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad