Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Unless you're getting a guy who can take first pairing right D minutes back for Girardi, you certainly do not move Girardi before Klein.

I know, I know, Girardi can't even take first pairing right D minutes blah blah blah :deadhorse

:p: :)
you already have McDonagh for the top right spot

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
you already have McDonagh for the top right spot

There is no reason to make McDonagh a right-side D on the New York Rangers. He's not as good there. We don't have anyone as good as him on the left-side.

Yandle or Staal? Fine. Not McDonagh.

D corps I'd be happy with next season:

McD - G
Staal - Shot suppressor
Yandle - Boyle
McI

McD - G
Staal - Klein
Yandle - Boyle
McIlrath

McD - G
Staal - Yandle
Hunwick/Hunwick Equivalent - Boyle
McIlrath

Suter - Karlsson
McDonagh - Weber
Keith - Subban
McIlrath

Can Ehrhoff play the right side? Would he take another one-year deal?

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If Grigs can't crack Buffalo, why would he make the Rangers, who have better center depth?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
There is no reason to make McDonagh a right-side D on the New York Rangers. He's not as good there. We don't have anyone as good as him on the left-side.

McD - G
Staal - Shot suppressor
Yandle - Boyle
McI

McD - G
Staal - Klein
Yandle - Boyle
McIlrath

McD - G
Staal - Yandle
McIlrath

Suter - Karlsson
McDonagh - Weber
Keith - Subban
McIlrath

Lol so in it wildest dreams mcilrath is still the 7th d

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Like AV, I'm hesitant to use defenseman on their off-hands....

I'd consider a Staal - Yandle pairing for the upcoming season.

Only due to the fact that he is a right-handed shot, I believe G will be harder to replace than Staal. You add that shot suppressor next to Yandle (after dealing Staal), and that Yandle pairing can alleviate some of the minutes of the Girardi pairing, boosting Girardi's effectiveness in the process of allotting him easier situations.

Let's just get it over with already and trade Nash for Shattenkirk :naughty:

McD - G
Staal - Shattenkirk
Yandle - Boyle
McIlrath

hhhnnnggggghhhhh

A lot of teams get by fine without being so rigid about handedness. I think av takes it a little too far. I think G is easier to replace simply because he's an inferior player.

Shattenkirk would be a godsend but I'm not holding my breath on that happening.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A lot of teams get by fine without being so rigid about handedness. I think av takes it a little too far. I think G is easier to replace simply because he's an inferior player.

Shattenkirk would be a godsend but I'm not holding my breath on that happening.

In that sense then, if Ehrhoff can play the right side, he's exactly the kind of guy our D needs...

KH6DcAy.png

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

McD - G
Staal - Shot suppressor
Yandle - Boyle
McI

McD - G
Staal - Klein
Yandle - Boyle
McIlrath

McD - G
Staal - Yandle
McIlrath

Suter - Karlsson
McDonagh - Weber
Keith - Subban
McIlrath

I believe he can. And he played for AV in Van. He'd be a good option on a 1 year deal, but Id imagine he can get more.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
If Ehrhoff gets the equivalent of $2m AAV on the open market on a deal three years or less in length, I will **** myself.

And considering his recent injury issues, I'd be shocked if he gets more than a 1yr deal.

Plus, if he thinks hes worth more, why wouldn't he want to take less term so he can revive his value and hit the open market again?

A system he knows, a coach he was his best under, if he wants to rebuild his value. Maybe here with AV will give him the best chance at that.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Found a few links that could be used for discussion...

- Zucc will be hitting the ice along with Brassard, Hagelin, Kreider, and Hayes on the 19th for a charity game in Norway. Good news, right?
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/m...wegian-charity-game-following-skull-fracture/

- The Free Agency window starts on June 25th. Info on what this window displays is in the link.
http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/t...th/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

- Ottawa Senators has put out a wish list of what they think they could get for goaltender Robin Lehner. If that's the price it is for Lehner, this market is looking solid for Talbot, too.
http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...es/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

- Some blogger posted the RFA compensation rules. If Hagelin doesn't get resigned and gets offer sheeted, NYR could get a 1st and 3rd round picks for his offer sheet (if they choose to not match).
http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/a...am_new_york_rangers_auto_module_head_18948859

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad