Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Can't wait for Gorton to be GM and make a bad move and watch everyone here blame Sather for interfering

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
How quickly do we think Nash is traded when Gorton assumes GM responsibilities?

He was a big part of trading Thornton from Boston, and Thornton not only has a similar regular season-post season performance to Nash, but he performs better than Nash too.

Thornton quit on that Bruins team.

THAT's why he got traded.

He had alot of points when the deal went down, but his heart was no longer there.

I worked with a die hard Bruins fan at the time, and the day before the trade was announced, the Bruins were playing and I watched Joe take a face off, he had the stick knocked out of his hands. Not much to go on I agree, but it's the way it happened, and the manner in which he acted that had me scratching my head.

Next day, my buddy and I were watching all of the fisticuffs from the prior nights action and the face off was brought up.

My Bruins fan friend told me that Thornton was a goner. The carelessness with which he played, the emotionless approach to the game. He felt that Jumbo Joe was mailing it in.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Actually they should bring Thornton in to play with his biffles Nash, that will for sure solve their playoff woes.

bscharf

Jan 28, 2010
U lose Dan Boyle and msl and the Nash a year after.. It's not that complicated. If it becomes too tight u trade staal or girardi

Boyle is here another season @4.5. Nash has 3 more years at @7.8.

Yeah that $3mil free up for stepan for one year. Then next year you need to give Yandle a new contract with will be north of $5mil and need to re-sign Krieder and Hayes.

I am not trying to be annoying but just simply making the point that it will be a big cost to keep Yandle here long term while needing to resign core guys.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
How quickly do we think Nash is traded when Gorton assumes GM responsibilities?

He was a big part of trading Thornton from Boston, and Thornton not only has a similar regular season-post season performance to Nash, but he performs better than Nash too.

Boston was in last place with Thornton. The return for Thornton was also pretty brutal.

I don't think Gorton would be stupid enough to trade Nash given the team's current circumstances. Maybe you'll get over your reactive temper tantrums towards Nash as the summer progresses.

BarbaraAlphanse

Boston was in last place with Thornton. The return for Thornton was also pretty brutal.

I don't think Gorton would be stupid enough to trade Nash given the team's current circumstances. Maybe you'll get over your reactive temper tantrums towards Nash as the summer progresses.

You're probably right. The wound is still too fresh.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Boyle is here another season @4.5. Nash has 3 more years at @7.8.

Yeah that $3mil free up for stepan for one year. Then next year you need to give Yandle a new contract with will be north of $5mil and need to re-sign Krieder and Hayes.

I am not trying to be annoying but just simply making the point that it will be a big cost to keep Yandle here long term while needing to resign core guys.

Yandle is a core guy. His skill set doesn't exist on this team anywhere else. You move Girardi and or Klein to keep him 10/10 times - they're redundant and their game isn't nearly as important or hard to find.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yandle is a core guy. His skill set doesn't exist on this team anywhere else. You move Girardi and or Klein to keep him 10/10 times - they're redundant and their game isn't nearly as important or hard to find.

(Future scenario below)

Move Staal ASSUMING Skjei & Mac become NHL regulars.

McDonagh - Girardi
Yandle - Shot Supressor
Skjei - McIlrath

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
(Future scenario below)

Move Staal ASSUMING Skjei becomes an NHL regular.

McDonagh - Girardi
Yandle - Shot Supressor
Skjei - McIlrath

If we're moving someone that won't necessarily be simple to move I'd rather move G personally, then put McD or Staal on the right. Staal is already that shot surpressor.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If we're moving someone that won't necessarily be simple to move I'd rather move G personally, then put McD or Staal on the right. Staal is already that shot surpressor.

Like AV, I'm hesitant to use defenseman on their off-hands....

I'd consider a Staal - Yandle pairing for the upcoming season.

Only due to the fact that he is a right-handed shot, I believe G will be harder to replace than Staal. You add that shot suppressor next to Yandle (after dealing Staal), and that Yandle pairing can alleviate some of the minutes of the Girardi pairing, boosting Girardi's effectiveness in the process of allotting him easier situations.

Let's just get it over with already and trade Nash for Shattenkirk :naughty:

McD - G
Staal - Shattenkirk
Yandle - Boyle
McIlrath

hhhnnnggggghhhhh

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

There were rumblings at the draft in 2012 that the Rangers were going to flip Dubinsky to Dallas for their 1st if Grigorenko was still on the board. Wonder how much interest they have now.

BarbaraAlphanse

There were rumblings at the draft in 2012 that the Rangers were going to flip Dubinsky to Dallas for their 1st if Grigorenko was still on the board. Wonder how much interest they have now.

Klein and talbot for Grigorenko Foligno and the 31.

BarbaraAlphanse

Sign me up.

In right environment, Grigorenko could flourish. Buffalo was a terrible landing spot for him. Clearly I'm not making an excuse. He is 50% of the problem. But he definitely needs a better support system around him. Some guys just need that to succeed.

BarbaraAlphanse

Zucc-brass-Nash
Kreider-stepan-miller
Grigorenko-Hayes-Foligno
Hagelin-Moore-fast
Lindbergh, klingberg

My goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad