Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Well if he's already set on not coming, I guess it's a moot point. I watched a lot of Vancouver this year because I live in Washington, and I really think he just had an unlucky season, and was more often than not Vancouver's best player the games I watched. He's also not yet 30, to those saying he's on the wrong side of it

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 3m
Oilers to meet with Mark Fayne camp thursday. 27yrs 6-3 rh shut down guy. 6 -7 teams interested. Likely wants 4-5 yr deal.

Fayne never really stands out to me when we play the Devils. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

BarbaraAlphanse

You are probably the only one.

1. He hates AV and does not want to play for him, evidenced by his denial to waive his NTC for the Rangers

2. He's on the wrong side of 30 and is injured a lot recently.

3. We don't have the young assets Vancouver would want.

4. He doesn't bring nearly enough to warrant that said price tag.

I don't disagree with you, but be careful. #1 is hardly based on any proof. I did a lot of digging into it and hatred isn't really what came up. They disagreed about some stuff. Tension struck a chord when AV said that Kessler could have played through an injury.

Apparently the two sides were never close to a trade and Kessler was never required to waive or decline waiving his NTC to come here.

His agent actually refuted that he didn't waive his NTC to come here and hinted that it wouldn't be as big of a deal if they traded for him.

BarbaraAlphanse

Well if he's already set on not coming, I guess it's a moot point. I watched a lot of Vancouver this year because I live in Washington, and I really think he just had an unlucky season, and was more often than not Vancouver's best player the games I watched. He's also not yet 30, to those saying he's on the wrong side of it

He will be by the start of training camp.

Turns 30 Aug 31.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Fayne never really stands out to me when we play the Devils. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Devil fans are always saying how good he is and complaining when DeBoer sits him for other players. I don't know if that's more of an indictment against DeBoer or devil fans though.

BarbaraAlphanse

He's a pretty good player from what I've seen. He's quite steady.

I'd be more interested in seeing how much Ryan Carter would cost. I think he's a pretty steady 4th line player. Probably would come cheaper than Dorsett.

Throws some serious haymakers, too.

Good forechecker. Defensively responsible. Can score a little bit. Good fighter.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'd be more interested in seeing how much Ryan Carter would cost. I think he's a pretty steady 4th line player. Probably would come cheaper than Dorsett.

Good forechecker. Defensively responsible. Can score a little bit. Good fighter.

No. No. No. Hell no. Hell ****ing no. I hate that little ****.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Only when playing us, apparently.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Neil Smith and Keenan had a team with several hall of famers on it. Neil Smith and Keenan won a cup.

Adding Stastny and Dan Boyle doesn't make us better since we will have to lose valuable players to fit them under the cap.

hank
msl
maybe mcd

those guys arent too shaby. perhaps not hof but still not bad.

those 2 won a cup after making moves to add players who helped win that cup. the core was there.

adding stasny and removing brass and boyle.

adding dan boyle and removing one of staal or stralman.

makes us better because offensively and defensively (f/o's) we will be much stronger up the middle and we will have added a true pp point guy on the blueline to improve our woeful pp.

last years team with a better pp alone makes us more dangerous.

KreiMeARiver*

I'd love Carter over Dorsett. I personally can't stand Dorsett, and want him gone. He is small, can't score, and hasn't won a fight in his life. Get him the hell outta here.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Devil fans are always saying how good he is and complaining when DeBoer sits him for other players. I don't know if that's more of an indictment against DeBoer or devil fans though.

DeBoer on this case, but Devils fans greatly exaggerate his faults. He's a good coach.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He's a pretty good player from what I've seen. He's quite steady.

DeBoer on this case, but Devils fans greatly exaggerate his faults. He's a good coach.

In that case, I suggest that Fayne could be a decent backup plan if Stralman goes.

Championship*

I don't disagree with you, but be careful. #1 is hardly based on any proof. I did a lot of digging into it and hatred isn't really what came up. They disagreed about some stuff. Tension struck a chord when AV said that Kessler could have played through an injury.

Apparently the two sides were never close to a trade and Kessler was never required to waive or decline waiving his NTC to come here.

His agent actually refuted that he didn't waive his NTC to come here and hinted that it wouldn't be as big of a deal if they traded for him.

#1 is based on proof

Edit:

Darren Dreger said:
As @NYP_Brooksie first reported, Rangers told this aft Kesler would not waive his ntc to rejoin Vigneault. No offer, but interest from NYR.
8:20pm - 4 Mar 14

Couldn't be more clear. Also reported today that the only two teams on his list are Anaheim and Chicago.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'd be good with this. Add Winnik instead of Dorsett and I'm even better

Didn't AV criticize Malhotra for ever playing in the NHL again? He thought he was putting himself in great harm, disagreed with the Carolina coach allowing him to play?

I doubt that AV takes a flyer on him - I imagine he cares enough about Manny as a player that if an injury went down under his nose he'd probably be guilt stricken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad