Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think a lot of the Canadians are having the WJ hangover. Domi doesn't look quite as dynamic without Reinart and Duclair. Duclair was -4 tonight.

Morin looked sluggish early in the game. I think the broken jaw was a much trickier injury than we thought (at least I thought). Yeah he could skate but he lost a bunch of weight and now hes trying to put it back on quick. That's probably not the best thing for his conditioning. He had a good third period though. Finished +2 and got an assist on the empty netter protecting the 1 goal lead. Rimouski is off for a week, so might be good for him to catch his breathe.

NAK had a quiet game outside of his goal. He got a clean run in the neutral zone in the 3rd, Morin picked him up at the blueline, great gap to take away the shot, forced him wide with his reach, ran out of room, tried to take it behind the net and Morin wiped him out. Played it perfect.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Slapper from the point on the PP. It was a good shot, but Hellebuyck just missed it. No screen in front. Hellebuyck's normaly pretty solid too. Oh well, we'll take it.

Was at the game Hagg played very well, smooth on his feet. His shot is deceptive. Not a rocket by any means.

It was a perfectly placed shot tho.

Here in wpg about how good Helly is. Be good to hear some scouting reports from you guys.

Helly is lanky but his moves from post to post really easy. When the Phantoms pressed play he rarely looked rattled.

Some notes from our players.

Zepp looked in control all night - minus the gaff to his dman with the pass
Straka didn't do anything to impress.
Zortini was all over the place in a good way. He showed more in the game overall than our "prospects"
Manning is such a good d man. I would like to see him up next year. The team runs through him when he is on the ice. You could tell the team settles down and ramps up with him leading it.
Ryan white looks awesome. As soon as rose hill got hit from behind he immediately dropped gloves and went off.
Team loved that and gave him high fives and the like.
The Great Dane was very physical, didn't do too much to push the play. Which is good. Looks like his skating has improved but he still isn't fast.
The delisle kid is lanky and pinched a few times. He liked to use his body or try too.
Akeson was trying to create all the time. He has great hands.
Andrew Gordon is the hardest working ahl player I have ever seen play. For real. When he got on the ice his feet didn't stop moving.
Cousins was also a player who impressed when he wanted to assert himself. I found him to be a bit of a *****. Flopping and looking for calls when they weren't there. That pissed me off. He has skill and is smart when playing 200' but for **** sakes. Play with some dignity.

I'll be going today as well. Hoping to see stolarz in net today.

I'll drop a few lines afterward sometime.

Last edited:

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Pretty nice shorty for Fazleev. Just sniped it top corner coming in 1 on 1 with a defender around the top of the circle.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ben Thomas is a PP killer. They took him off for one PP last night and they kept the puck in the zone for 1:30. He's killing Sanheim's point total. :laugh:

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Ben Thomas is a PP killer. They took him off for one PP last night and they kept the puck in the zone for 1:30. He's killing Sanheim's point total. :laugh:

Yeah, noticed that myself. Bad pass, followed by falling down in the neutral zone. Not exactly what we want to see!

Nice wraparound move by Sanheim there. Almost got it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad