Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It was from the blueline too. No baby wrister.

All 30 minutes he played in the tournament...people know what kind of player he's going to be. He can't escape it. We'll just have to deal with it I guess.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It was from the blueline too. No baby wrister.

All 30 minutes he played in the tournament...people know what kind of player he's going to be. He can't escape it. We'll just have to deal with it I guess.

He skates like Hal Gill! He's Hal Gill!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Just added an assist. I smell a big second half. Hopefully no interruptions this year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Morin's thread on the prospect board is an abortion. A bunch of lazy sterotypes & misinformation like Hatcher apparently winning a Norris despite his highest point total being 31 points in an era where top defensemen were hitting over PPG averages or close to at a high number. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The power of the World Juniors. A 7 game tournament defines your career one way or another.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
''number 5 dman who will give your lineup some edge'' according to all knowing RS
"By FAR Canada's worst defenseman". That guy will call anyone out for not watching guys actually play, but he spews more BS than anyone. He's just bitter his boy Bigras got cut. He's a Sanheim hater too.

Morin +4 too. On the ice for all 5 goals for.

WTF is the definition of a #5 defenseman anyway? Does he get to hop out on line changes before the #6 guy? :laugh:

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
In fairness to Stevens, he was simply not ready to be a head coach when he got the job. He also had a fractured locker room to deal with as well. Did he make mistakes? Absolutely. However, he's been a fantastic assistant in Los Angeles and he's going to be the next head coach there when Sutter steps down. He simply needed time to learn the game at the NHL level.

I meant as a player ;) I agree with what you said about his coaching though.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Yah reading,listening to reports by some self anointed hockey gods, is painful. their is a reason they have those jobs. And guys with more grey matter, spent their life around hockey, start off at low levels,lousy pay, go to places no one has heard of,learned a lot,earned their stripes, and are hired to build championship teams, in the ultra competitive world of pro hockey. In hexy we trust.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I just noticed a game of interest for us tonight. Rimouski is at Val'dor (Morin vs Aube-Kubel).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I just noticed a game of interest for us tonight. Rimouski is at Val'dor (Morin vs Aube-Kubel).

If people tune in keep yours eyes on #12 for Val-d'Or as well, Julien Gauthier... 2016 eligible and a guy who early on I have my eyes on as a potential Flyers pick.

Kid has scary physical tools at age 17... just an absolute freak really. 6'4 and 220, and a very good skater.

He is Denis Gauthiers nephew.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
If people tune in keep yours eyes on #12 for Val-d'Or as well, Julien Gauthier... 2016 eligible and a guy who early on I have my eyes on as a potential Flyers pick.

Kid has scary physical tools at age 17... just an absolute freak really. 6'4 and 220, and a very good skater.

He is Denis Gauthiers nephew.

I like Jesse Puljujarvi for next year but I doubt the Flyers will be bad enough to get him.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Not a chance Morin goes anywhere. Like others have said, he was so raw when we drafted him we knew it was going to a while before he makes an impact in the NHL. He actually is probably ahead of the curve though with almost making the team this year. Morin, unlike what you hear from the turds on the prospect boards, can skate extremely well for a big guy. One reason why I am confident his game will have an offensive pop in the NHL is because of that shot. You don't let a shot like that go to waste. Especially when Morin is not known as a guy who struggles defensively. He will get the opportunity to shine soon enough on the PP unit where a lot of defenseman rack up their points.

Morin being a + skater, having a +++ shot, hockey IQ being + and his competitiveness being off the charts, we have a special player. Patience is needed but I don't think it's too far off.

denominator

Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Could this maybe be really good for Sanheim's development? Getting used to playing with different partners on the fly, being forced to develop his defense and shot blocking? I don't think we have to worry about stifling his offensive potential, cause when the reins are let go, Sanheim is a game breaker. Sure, his numbers might suffer in the short term, but we shouldn't be as concerned with his numbers right now as we should be with his numbers five years from now.

Maybe in the long run, they should find someone who compliments Sanheim's overall game well and keep that together so he can then focus on the little nuances in his game rather than adjusting to such big changes like partner's and defensive responsibilities

As a Hitmen fan, I want to see Sanheim playing with Harmsworth or Zipp - defensively responsible guys that allow him to play where he's comfortable.

In terms of development, I want to see Sanheim playing with Bean or Morrison - young guys that he can mentor but force him to be the steady, solid guy in the pairing.

More than anything, I want him to consistently play with the same partner (that is absolutely not Ben Thomas) so that he isn't stuck figuring new things out every game. For some reason, the coaching in Calgary is to mix up the lines every game which I think really screws up the chemistry of players.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Morin took a head shot? Was he crawling on the ice beforehand or something?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Lol. He poked some kid clean on the PK, so much so that he sprung a teammate on a breakaway, the kid somehow missed the net. Morin followed it up, he was against the boards digging out the puck and some kid took a run at him. Don't know how they didn't give him 5 and a game. He came back though.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Morin has so much more poise and agility on the blueline with the puck than he gets credit for. He's not "skilled" but he's now very comfortable with the puck and wants to have it on his stick and makes some pretty effective plays in the offensive zone.

Also, Max Domi always seems to underwhelm when I watch him in the CHL. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him be one of those WJC heroes who doesn't amount to much at the NHL. I think his decision making with the puck is questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad