Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Morin has played excellent except one turnover.
Pisses me off that either
(1) people have not really watched the wjr and are making comments based on what they've read or just seen the one bad highlight
(2) people that put the game on but only pat attention when something really good or really bad happens.

If anyone would spend the time to watch exactly what and when Morin has been on the ice they would know he's been real solid. Same with Lindbolm... Hagg on the other hand hasn't been good if you really focus on his play he's very nonchalant in his own end. Surprising thought he'd be better based on AHL comments from fans and the fact this is his 3rd wjc

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Actually I was surprised that Hagg was selected for the team. We all know that there were bad feelings between his coaches and him last year and was the reason that he came over to the Phantoms. The Swedes build a team and a strategy to win this tournament. Its to being done to develop players or show off their abilities. Some guys are good for that-a seven game series officiated in a tricky tacky way. Others are built for the NHL. Hagg is the latter.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Actually I was surprised that Hagg was selected for the team. We all know that there were bad feelings between his coaches and him last year and was the reason that he came over to the Phantoms. The Swedes build a team and a strategy to win this tournament. Its to being done to develop players or show off their abilities. Some guys are good for that-a seven game series officiated in a tricky tacky way. Others are built for the NHL. Hagg is the latter.

They really had to... he was clearly the best D man available for the team this year with his track record. Frankly he is the best defensive defenceman on the roster and arguably the most rounded.

His role on the team as last year is to go up vs the oppositions best every shift and take up PK minutes... Sweden do not have another D man capable of doing so, even though Hagg has been poor so far he will continue to be played in that way as they have no alternatives. If he is only +0 to -1 every night frankly Sweden are happy with that in the 20+ minutes he plays.

Aho is undersized and still a defensive liability at times. (even though I really like him and wanted the Flyers to take him late last year.)
Norrell has a lot of tools but they have never really translated... and he has performed worse than Hagg at every level.
Forsling is a solid all round D man, I quite like his game, could end up being an NHL #4, but likely not more.
Lagesson is a poorish skater with solid D but no real offensive touch.
Englund is a physical D man who is solid on D but not much offence... he does skate pretty well for his size though and has some upside.
Bergman has a lot of tools as well, but has never really came up and showed his ability level vs top opposition.

The Swedes want to win, as you say... and Hagg is the furthest of the group along in his development, has the best track record, is the most physically mature and plays more minutes in a mens league than any of the others. (heck, not all of them have played 5 games in mens leagues so far.)

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
They really had to... he was clearly the best D man available for the team this year with his track record. Frankly he is the best defensive defenceman on the roster and arguably the most rounded.

His role on the team as last year is to go up vs the oppositions best every shift and take up PK minutes... Sweden do not have another D man capable of doing so, even though Hagg has been poor so far he will continue to be played in that way as they have no alternatives. If he is only +0 to -1 every night frankly Sweden are happy with that in the 20+ minutes he plays.
This is what I meant by Team Sweden using him to benefit their results in the tourney. They're here to win the tournament not develop players. The fans need to recognize this and not get too down on his play.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This is what I meant by Team Sweden using him to benefit their results in the tourney. They're here to win the tournament not develop players. The fans need to recognize this and not get too down on his play.

Yeh, I kind of misunderstood what you said... but it is true, he is put in the position that will benefit Sweden.

And that position is not flattering to him... he is stuck in the role Coburn has to play for the Flyers, absurd minutes vs the best opposition players on a D not well balanced or that capable... he was in a similar position last year as well, and that D was far better than this years, he had Arnesson on another pairing to take it in turns to match up vs the oppositions big line on D zone draws.

I also cannot believe people here are dismissive of his play last WJC... he was fantastic defensively until that one play in the final, I mean, he shut down pretty much all the players he was matched up against until then while guys like Djoos, Olofsson and Bengtsson got more chance to run around vs 3rd and 4th lines with favourable zones starts.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia

It sounds to me you are confusing his usage and coaches at the WJC with his usage and coaches with his SHL team

The latter was where there were problems

RJ8812*

why? are the junior team coaches the same as his old swedish team?

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
Pisses me off that either
(1) people have not really watched the wjr and are making comments based on what they've read or just seen the one bad highlight
(2) people that put the game on but only pat attention when something really good or really bad happens.

If anyone would spend the time to watch exactly what and when Morin has been on the ice they would know he's been real solid. Same with Lindbolm... Hagg on the other hand hasn't been good if you really focus on his play he's very nonchalant in his own end. Surprising thought he'd be better based on AHL comments from fans and the fact this is his 3rd wjc

Big Morin fan here and I agree with your statement concerning him. That young man could step right in now and play for the Flyers and I firmly believe that. Lindbolm has potential for sure. As far as Hagg goes it kills me as to why he keeps on doing that. The brass at LV need to drill it in his head to quit being so nonchalant with the puck when pressed. It gets him into trouble. He has loads of talent and I have hope for him. But he cannot do that stuff in the NHL or else he will be a turnover machine.

Happy New Year all

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
Is Lauridsen viewed as a career minor leaguer? I don't see anyone saying he's a valued prospect anymore or is likely to make the Flyers roster.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Is Lauridsen viewed as a career minor leaguer? I don't see anyone saying he's a valued prospect anymore or is likely to make the Flyers roster.

Has been stagnating in his development for a couple of years now. I would not even put my money on him getting a qualifying offer next year.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Agreed on Lauridsen. For a 7th rounder, the fact that he actually played a handful of NHL games is a bonus, and also the direct result of the desperate situation in which the Flyers found themselves for healthy bodies on D combined with the season being lost, for all intents and purposes, at that point.

RJ8812*

He looked like he could have been a potential bottom pairing defenseman, but he has not taken that next step in his development, and now he has been passed by Ghost, Manning and Alt on the depth chart

Doubt they even bring him back next year

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
@LVPhantoms: Congrats to @Cous27 with the game-winner tonight in Norfolk! Phantoms earn come-from-behind 3-2 win over the Admirals.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Went to the game here in Norfolk last night. The Phantoms are really boring to watch with no Laughton, Hagg, Ghost or Alt.

Heatley skated around with a sense of sadness the whole game like he knew his career was over. He didn't even celebrate either goal.

Cousins' goal in OT was weak.

All in all, it was a perfect example of why I only go to a couple AHL games a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad