2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Where is Alessandro Di iorio projected to go?

Had really good stats in the YOG. More than guys like Nyman, wassilyn and Valentini.

Plays on Vaughan.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Where is Alessandro Di iorio projected to go?
Top 10, IMO

He's another guy I wouldn't be surprised at anywhere between 5-10

nyman may be headed to bchl but to be honest, youd be surprised there are two other defenceman that have more points then him on his team, one by almost double.
Interesting.

Any word on what team? I'd guess Brooks or Penticton, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
My guess would be Emerton and D'Alessio. Guess.
good call, i missed one,

emmerton, robinson and dalessio all have over 20 points, nyman has 14. odd one group has him 3rd overall but hes not even top 3 in defenceman scoring on his own team.

ive only seen him a handful of times but he looks the part for sure, i would be terrified of that production given hes all offense. just me thou.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Beckham Edwards playing for Detroit Little Caesars, but London, ON listed as hometown. I think I might need some clarification. What's his story?
Edit: Elgin Middlesex to Little Caesars (2023-24)

Last edited:

MH

Oct 27, 2023
Beckham Edwards playing for Detroit Little Caesars, but London, ON listed as hometown. I think I might need some clarification. What's his story?
Edit: Elgin Middlesex to Little Caesars (2023-24)

He tendered to Youngstown (USHL).

good call, i missed one,

emmerton, robinson and dalessio all have over 20 points, nyman has 14. odd one group has him 3rd overall but hes not even top 3 in defenceman scoring on his own team.

ive only seen him a handful of times but he looks the part for sure, i would be terrified of that production given hes all offense. just me thou.

For what it is worth these stats do not match what is on Instat. The stats on Instat are verified by video.

Reactions: nelli27

MH

Oct 27, 2023
Are they close? Or does instat have these players in a different order?

For all the reasons previously discussed on this thread I'm not posting or getting into stats. All I will say is the stats on Instat are different. Sorry I can't be more help.

Reactions: HockeyPops

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
When does the GTHL publicly post stats? I know at some point the stats gets posted but would it be after the OHL draft or after the OHL Cup?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
For all the reasons previously discussed on this thread I'm not posting or getting into stats. All I will say is the stats on Instat are different. Sorry I can't be more help.
These are the ones that should be posted on the OHL draft guide and distributed by the OHL central scouting. It was send out a few days ago

only gthl season, InStat would include tournaments

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

MH

Oct 27, 2023
These are the ones that should be posted on the OHL draft guide and distributed by the OHL central scouting. It was send out a few days ago

only gthl season, InStat would include tournaments

That's incorrect. You can sort games by league, opponent etc. if you like.

The GTHL stats are based on whatever the linesman or ref tells the time keeper and the time keeper writes down. They are unreliable and it's unfortunate.

Reactions: flamebird

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That's incorrect. You can sort games by league, opponent etc. if you like.

The GTHL stats are based on whatever the linesman or ref tells the time keeper and the time keeper writes down. They are unreliable and it's unfortunate.
I’m just telling you what the league is sending out, same as every year.

just looked at instat, they have him at 62 games, 49 points in total.

the gthl provided stats is about 0.5 points a game. instant, including all games, is 0.79, which makes sense given they have some pretty big tournament blowouts. robinson is at 45 points. emerton is at 52, dilessio at 57.

so hes still third on the team in defence scoring, when considering instat video as well.

as reference, graziano, who was a legit 3rd round pick, maybe a late 2nd without the ncaa noise around him, last year had 42 points in 55 games and in just gthl games had 22 in 35.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
also, the same gthl stats had both zayne parekh and jamie drysdale at point a games with non varified ref stats. some can be missed for sure, but if they missed him, how many did they miss for past players?

Reactions: Section5Petes

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Belchetz, Nyman, Valentini, Wassilyn could go any order in the Top 4 and I wouldn't be surprised.

I cant comment in depth on Belchetz but Jacob Challenger is better than those other 3 gthl players. The only arguement can be made for Valentini, who has the best vision/playmaking in the gthl but is also 4 inches shorter than Challenger, maybe slight edge in puck skills. Challenger has other advantages, his top end speed, better penalty killer, his net drive from the outside to inside is best in the gthl. They have different roles on the PP, Challenger is net front presence and tipping pucks, Valentini can run it from the half wall, both are zone entry guys puck carriers. Wassilyn skilled player, has compete level issues, goes end to end and forces shots vs survey the situation, is not engaged without the puck, that makes a separation between him, Valentini, Challenger and others. Some of Nyman's weaknesses were shown vs Rebels in the playoffs, Rebels far less skilled but finish all their checks.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Updated OHL Cup teams:

GTHL (4)
Mississauga Rebels
North York Rangers
Toronto Marlboros
Vaughan Kings

ALLIANCE (4)
Elgin-Middlesex Canucks
Huron-Perth Lakers
London Jr. Knights
Sun County Panthers

OMHA (4)
Barrie Jr. Colts
Oakville Rangers
Oshawa Generals
Peterborough Petes

HEO (2)
Ottawa Valley Titans
Ottawa Myers Automotive

HNO (1)
Thunder Bay Kings

NOHA (1)
Team NOHA

USA (1)
TPH Hockey

Wild Cards (3/6)
Cambridge Hawks
Niagara North Stars
Toronto Jr. Canadiens

…the final 3 WC teams are decided by a selection committee (my guesses would be Halton Hurricanes, Markham Majors and York-Simcoe Express)

Last edited:

AAAdad

Jan 29, 2024
Updated OHL Cup teams:

GTHL (4)
Mississauga Rebels
North York Rangers
Toronto Marlboros
Vaughan Kings

ALLIANCE (4)
Elgin-Middlesex Canucks
Huron-Perth Lakers
London Jr. Knights
Sun County Panthers

OMHA (4)
Barrie Jr. Colts
Oakville Rangers
Oshawa Generals
Peterborough Petes

HEO (2)
Ottawa Valley Titans
Ottawa Myers Automotive

HNO (1)
Thunder Bay Kings

NOHA (1)
Team NOHA

USA (1)
TPH Hockey

Wild Cards (3/6)
Cambridge Hawks
Niagara North Stars
Toronto Jr. Canadiens

…the final 3 WC teams are decided by a selection committee (my guesses would be Halton Hurricanes, Markham Majors and York-Simcoe Express)
I assume you believe Markham will get the wild card because of Wassylin? I understand that take. However, they're not even a .500 team according to myhockeyrankings...28-29-1. Does anyone really believe that they deserve to have that opportunity?

Should be an interesting OHL Cup!

Reactions: flamebird

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I assume you believe Markham will get the wild card because of Wassylin? I understand that take. However, they're not even a .500 team according to myhockeyrankings...28-29-1. Does anyone really believe that they deserve to have that opportunity?

Should be an interesting OHL Cup!
when was the last time in the history of the OHL cup was there less then 5 teams in the Tournament?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
However, they're not even a .500 team according to myhockeyrankings...28-29-1. Does anyone really believe that they deserve to have that opportunity?
Thunder Bay and there 7-36-2 record certainly don't.

They shouldn't be getting the HNO auto bid while playing in the GTHL.

Ad

Ad

Ad