Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah, I don't see a spot for Garlund here when Marchand gets back and with Lysell and his ELC waiting in the wings.
Why are we talking Garland when we D-man ,and his contract does not help ............I need to ask why is Hall playing 4th line minutes ?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Trade ideas

To Wild: Foligno, Frederic
To Bruins: Greenway

To Canucks: Hall, Smith, Reilly, Lysell
To Bruins: Garland, Horvat, Schenn

*Horvat signs a 8 year 8m per extension

Also * Pasta signs a 8 year 11m per extension

Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
Horvat Krejci Pasta
Greer Coyle Garland
Greenway Zacha Lauko

Lindholm McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril Schenn

Reactions: bbfan419

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trade ideas

To Wild: Foligno, Frederic
To Bruins: Greenway

To Canucks: Hall, Smith, Reilly, Lysell
To Bruins: Garland, Horvat, Schenn

*Horvat signs a 8 year 8m per extension

Also * Pasta signs a 8 year 11m per extension

Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
Horvat Krejci Pasta
Greer Coyle Garland
Greenway Zacha Lauko

Lindholm McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril Schenn
Let me be blunt , none of these moves address the defense and the cap problems...............please delete.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Let me be blunt , none of these moves address the defense and the cap problems...............please delete.
What do you mean - defensive issue?

Bruins d core/team can play stingy D. We have seen it for years now.

Its due to the new system implemented that is causing defensive breakdowns. I'm not worried

Regarding the cap issue... I agree. Another trade would be needed

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Foligno is playing right till the end of this contract and won't be sent down. Count on that.

I thought they had to keep Hall in the top 6 when Marchy is back. Now I'm really not so sure. He's gonna need to earn that. Might be some nice balance with Coyle-Hall.

They miiiiiight also get back to the perfection line at times. It's not impossible.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
What do you mean - defensive issue?

Bruins d core/team can play stingy D. We have seen it for years now.

Its due to the new system implemented that is causing defensive breakdowns. I'm not worried

Regarding the cap issue... I agree. Another trade would be needed
When Connor Clifton is playing 22 minutes a game you have a problem on D , new system or not . The new system should be a separate discussion .............

Reactions: 13Hockey

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
When Connor Clifton is playing 22 minutes a game you have a problem on D , new system or not . The new system should be a separate discussion .............
I dont understand the Clifton hate

Yesterday D breakdowns was on Lindholm and Stralman (rusty).

Clifton has 3 points in 4 games? And is asked to join the rush more etc

Clifton and Forbort has been arguably the best d pairing so far.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Agree- Clifton is playing well. He is what he is- a third pair guy that can play up when needed and not kill you, like he is doing now. Aside from Lindholm, he is the least of the problems on the back end right now.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

It is not hate , but for cripes sakes he is a terrific hitter ,but is prone to brain farts ,and is just not consistent enough to play 22 mins a night ,,he also cannot win puck battles and clear anyone out front , sorry not hate just saying what I see . Can you honestly tell me you have a strong defense with him playing 22 ninutes ? Lindholm was targeted last night because Ottawa new he was the guy who they needed to wear down...........

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It is not hate , but for cripes sakes he is a terrific hitter ,but is prone to brain farts ,and is just not consistent enough to play 22 mins a night ,,he also cannot win puck battles and clear anyone out front , sorry not hate just saying what I see . Can you honestly tell me you have a strong defense with him playing 22 ninutes ? Lindholm was targeted last night because Ottawa new he was the guy who they needed to wear down...........

He's a third pair guy, really great to have as your 7th D, and can play up if he has to. Agree consistency has been his biggest issue and the season is too young to know whether he's gotten past that. If Cliffy is having to play 22 minutes a night, you are right: something is wrong with your d corps (and clearly something is wrong with the Bruins with 3 of the top 4 out injured).

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Connor Clifton won't sniff 22 minutes once Grzelcyk, McAvoy and Carlo are back.
Exactly

Cliffy is solid for a 3rd pairing

There is no need to add another D via trade....when you will get a boost from McAvoy return

My proposal to obtain Garland and Horvat is independent

Been a big fan of Horvat. He would make me feel at ease with the center situation moving forward.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Exactly

Cliffy is solid for a 3rd pairing

There is no need to add another D via trade....when you will get a boost from McAvoy return

My proposal to obtain Garland and Horvat is independent

Been a big fan of Horvat. He would make me feel at ease with the center situation moving forward.
again, the proposal from VAN is moot..... unless you think you can solve the cap with it......

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Foligno is playing right till the end of this contract and won't be sent down. Count on that.

I thought they had to keep Hall in the top 6 when Marchy is back. Now I'm really not so sure. He's gonna need to earn that. Might be some nice balance with Coyle-Hall.

They miiiiiight also get back to the perfection line at times. It's not impossible.
Hall and Coyle had no chemistry when they played together..

Reactions: 13Hockey

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
12 more games until the middle of November.....assuming Marchy-McAvoy-Gryz-Carlo are all back by then. Nov 17th hopefully we see a full Bruins line up. 7 games are very winnable......5 will require a huge effort against Leafs, Flames, Rangers, Stars, and Blues. If the team stands to be 10-6 until completely healthy, I'll be very happy.

Marchy-Bergy-Debrusk is 100% a line
Hall-Krejci-Pasta is your 1a/1b line and if Hall gets going, that's going to be very dangerous
Zacha-Coyle-Greer is your 3rd line, if Greer can keep playing the way he's going
Frederic-Nosek-Foligno or the "No-F's given line" could be a pretty solid 4th
Laukko as the 13th forward

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Clifton
Zboril/Stralman

Ullmark
Swayman

Send Studnicka down and let see what he can do getting 1st line minutes, PP, PK, etc
Attempt to trade Reilly and Craig Smith to anyone on this planet who'd be gracious enough to take them.
Not sure about 71-46-88. No grit, two horrible defensive wings with a center who hasn't got his defensive game back.

If Frederic's not on the 3rd line I'd like to see him at center. Nosek has been an effective 4c and excellent PK'er, but that doesn't mean someone else can't do the same job. I'd at least like to see it.

Lindholm-Carlo has been terrible together. Maybe they'll grow out of it. I don't know what's up with Carlo. He seems to drag down everyone he plays with and he should be so much better than that. He used to be so much better than that.

Lastly, I don't think Studnicka would clear waivers. A young, 6'2, RH center that's dominated the AHL and never been given a shot at the NHL? Someone has to take a chance on that. It should be the Bruins. Nobody needs a young center more than the Bruins.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
5 mil a year and he has hurt feelings , from a coach who some say is one of the the nice guys in the game.............
Garland will be a nice replacement for Pastrnak if his agent wants to be highest paid player making twice Marchand

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Is it worth revisiting Tomas Hertl?

San Jose is off to an 0-4 start. I wonder if new management would consider dealing Tomas Hertl? Mike Grier didn't sign Hertl, and he traded Burns over the summer.

Hertl's got a NMC so he'd have to not want to be part of Grier's rebuild.
Don't think we can do it
12 more games until the middle of November.....assuming Marchy-McAvoy-Gryz-Carlo are all back by then. Nov 17th hopefully we see a full Bruins line up. 7 games are very winnable......5 will require a huge effort against Leafs, Flames, Rangers, Stars, and Blues. If the team stands to be 10-6 until completely healthy, I'll be very happy.

Marchy-Bergy-Debrusk is 100% a line
Hall-Krejci-Pasta is your 1a/1b line and if Hall gets going, that's going to be very dangerous
Zacha-Coyle-Greer is your 3rd line, if Greer can keep playing the way he's going
Frederic-Nosek-Foligno or the "No-F's given line" could be a pretty solid 4th
Laukko as the 13th forward

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Clifton
Zboril/Stralman

Ullmark
Swayman

Send Studnicka down and let see what he can do getting 1st line minutes, PP, PK, etc
Attempt to trade Reilly and Craig Smith to anyone on this planet who'd be gracious enough to take them.
I like it, but I don't think Stud clears waivers. Young with upside and a small cap hit is what every team wants right now.

Also don't think there's a trade market for Reilly - any team could've just had him for free. Smith I also don't think brings back an asset, I'd waive him and hope there's a taker.

Reactions: Gordoff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Is it worth revisiting Tomas Hertl?

San Jose is off to an 0-4 start. I wonder if new management would consider dealing Tomas Hertl? Mike Grier didn't sign Hertl, and he traded Burns over the summer.

Hertl's got a NMC so he'd have to not want to be part of Grier's rebuild.

Where would he play right now with Bergy/Krejci in the lineup? I think the time to get Hertl would be in the offseason if and when our boys retire.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Where would he play right now with Bergy/Krejci in the lineup? I think the time to get Hertl would be in the offseason if and when our boys retire.

I'd play him with Krejci and Pasta. He plays with grit, he goes to the net, he's great defensively, he can play wing or center, he'd be a perfect fit. Hertl-Krejci-Pasta this year and then Zacha-Hertl-Pasta next year if Krejci retires.

That said, I agree that it would be extremely difficult to fit him into the cap. SJ would have to be willing to take back Smith and Foligno and more just to make the money work, which would drive the price up even higher than just trading for him in the summer when we could add his contract without asking them to take any money back.

Reactions: sarge88 and PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd play him with Krejci and Pasta. He plays with grit, he goes to the net, he's great defensively, he can play wing or center, he'd be a perfect fit. Hertl-Krejci-Pasta this year and then Zacha-Hertl-Pasta next year if Krejci retires.

That said, I agree that it would be extremely difficult to fit him into the cap. SJ would have to be willing to take back Smith and Foligno and more just to make the money work, which would drive the price up even higher than just trading for him in the summer when we could add his contract without asking them to take any money back.

A Hertl trade would also have the side benefit of another reason for Pasta signing on the dotted line, knowing he's got a top end center beyond this year to roll with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad