Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Yanni Gourde at the deadline please. His versatility would serve the Bruins well and help next year as he could slot into the 2C if Bergeron/Krejci aren't back. That being said, for this year he'd be a huge boost on line 3.

Not sure the cost to acquire him but I'd gladly send Frederic + Studnicka over. Something Seattle might consider as they get 2 younger players that can play in their lineup. Smith would need to be dealt somewhere to free up some space.

When healthy.

Marchand-Bergeron-Debrusk
Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak
Zacha-Gourde-Coyle
Greer-Nosek-Lauko/Foligno

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yanni Gourde at the deadline please. His versatility would serve the Bruins well and help next year as he could slot into the 2C if Bergeron/Krejci aren't back. That being said, for this year he'd be a huge boost on line 3.

Not sure the cost to acquire him but I'd gladly send Frederic + Studnicka over. Something Seattle might consider as they get 2 younger players that can play in their lineup. Smith would need to be dealt somewhere to free up some space.

When healthy.

Marchand-Bergeron-Debrusk
Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak
Zacha-Gourde-Coyle
Greer-Nosek-Lauko/Foligno

That could be done, if not for Gourde's $5 mil + Cap hit.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If the Bruins are healthy at the deadline, I don't see the need to do anything at all. At least if Jake continues to play well.

At most I'd want to upgrade the 4th line

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If the Bruins are healthy at the deadline, I don't see the need to do anything at all. At least if Jake continues to play well.

I think defense is more important than adding a forward at this time......

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think defense is more important than adding a forward at this time......

as of right now, I'd agree. For me specifically its the right side and someone that can log 20+ if needed. Carlo's bad luck with injuries is no secret, which is a concern for me. Stralman isn't a guy that I want having to step into a 20+ a night role either. I can't recall if I posted it or not, but the team/player I'm keeping an eye on is New Jersey and Damon Severson.

NJD isn't likely to be a playoff team again this year and they have Hamilton & Marino already locked up long-term for the right side. They also have #2OA pick (Simon Nemec) whose a RD. Severson is a pending UFA who may not be part of NJD's future. Severson just turned 28yr old so he's a guy who you could make part of the future (depending on the cost to re-sign him).

When healthy you could roll a right side of McAvoy, Carlo, Severson....that's a deep RD group. If one guy goes down then you still have to Top 4 d-men to play the right side.

Reactions: Gordoff and PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Last year, I thought there was no way the Bruins would get Lindholm.

The year before that, I thought there was no way the Bruins would get Hall.

I'm curious to see if the Bruins do it again and pick up another big name in a few months. When healthy, this is a deep roster without a lot of holes but the key word here is healthy. Carlo might be a question mark moving forward. I like @ON3M4N 's suggestion for Severson, which would be on par with acquiring Lindholm. In fact, those two would make a fantastic 2nd pairing, which would push Carlo down to 3RHD and help manage his minutes.

Grz -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Severson

Forbort -- Carlo

that could be one of the deepest starting 6 dmen in the league.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

B's D' Needs bigger tougher, but same skilled.
You can't count on Carlo now. If you can trade him, I'd do it.
Gryz, and Clifton are too small. (Height and weight combined)

Reactions: capecodder

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Are Brian Domoulin or Carson Soucy any better than Forbort? Serious question.

In my mind those are two big physical defensive dmen, a position I’d like to add.

A young center too. I admittedly have not watched much of Horvat.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Are Brian Domoulin or Carson Soucy any better than Forbort? Serious question.

In my mind those are two big physical defensive dmen, a position I’d like to add.

A young center too. I admittedly have not watched much of Horvat.
Center should have been addressed off season ,with Bergey and Krecji back you need to wait until offseason.............I know " well you can trade Coyle " , I do not want to go down that road at this time

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
B's D' Needs bigger tougher, but same skilled.
You can't count on Carlo now. If you can trade him, I'd do it.
Gryz, and Clifton are too small. (Height and weight combined)
Yes you cannot run d corp only with small guys and guys who can skate you need to be physical at a moment in this game

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Trade for Horvat, please

Horvat seems like an off-season thing, but maybe a good time to buy low. Benning is gone, so I feel like there's less of a chance for them to make (as stupid of) a move than they would have.

Horvat, can he play wing temporarily? Plays wing for the season, then back to C next.

Canucks need RD.

A deal around Horvat+D for Carlo+ Smith +pick+prospect

Although Carlo's healthy seems iffy, and Smith doesn't bring a lot to this trade if the Canucks aren't competing.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Would the Devils take a 3rd to swap Foligno for Miles Wood? 3.2m for this season only, guessing he could produce more than Foligno.
Wood Coyle Lauko

1666377461232.jpeg

1666377507787.jpeg

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Horvat seems like an off-season thing, but maybe a good time to buy low. Benning is gone, so I feel like there's less of a chance for them to make (as stupid of) a move than they would have.

Horvat, can he play wing temporarily? Plays wing for the season, then back to C next.

Canucks need RD.

A deal around Horvat+D for Carlo+ Smith +pick+prospect

Although Carlo's healthy seems iffy, and Smith doesn't bring a lot to this trade if the Canucks aren't competing.
If Horvat makes it to free agency the Bruins will be all in. @DKH said Sweeney has liked him since his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad