Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Last year, I thought there was no way the Bruins would get Lindholm.

The year before that, I thought there was no way the Bruins would get Hall.

I'm curious to see if the Bruins do it again and pick up another big name in a few months. When healthy, this is a deep roster without a lot of holes but the key word here is healthy. Carlo might be a question mark moving forward. I like @ON3M4N 's suggestion for Severson, which would be on par with acquiring Lindholm. In fact, those two would make a fantastic 2nd pairing, which would push Carlo down to 3RHD and help manage his minutes.

Grz -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Severson

Forbort -- Carlo

that could be one of the deepest starting 6 dmen in the league.
Carlo will be a fine and a pillar . Stay the course back there plus cliffy is just a pure horse right now. Dont need and D.

Reactions: Ratty

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If Horvat makes it to free agency the Bruins will be all in. @DKH said Sweeney has liked him since his draft year.
Yes - my daughter wore Bo’s game work Memorial Cup jersey to 2013 draft in NJ and we hung with them. Bo’s dad Tim said Bo was summoned to the Bruins suite very late Draft Eve for a meeting with Chiarelli and scouts and to sit tight. They were dealing Seguin

Dallas picked 10 you can figure out the rest

My daughter was livid because he goes to Boston we are down stairs with family and Bruins in a perfect storm

History changes too- for all we know Chiarelli & Clode still here

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Wood would be a great ad 3rd line RWinger big body speedy physical winger...send them Smithy + Studnicka or Steen
I think he’s a LW. I wanted him a few years back thought he’d become the “next” power forward. Haven’t watched him much lately think he hasn’t reached his potential. BUT, he’d be a welcomed addition here in the right deal. Although with Foligno playing as good as he is, we may not have room for a Wood!

Reactions: capecodder

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Miles Wood is hugely overrated here. He is very fast, strong, and physical but he is often out of control and pays no attention to details, like body positioning, or angles, or defensive position. He goes too fast for that. He is not a particularly good passer and is not good at anything when not at break-neck speed. He is bad Jake Debrusk but physical. He would go from folk hero to gigantic whipping boy here in two or three games and rightly so.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Miles Wood is hugely overrated here. He is very fast, strong, and physical but he is often out of control and pays no attention to details, like body positioning, or angles, or defensive position. He goes too fast for that. He is not a particularly good passer and is not good at anything when not at break-neck speed. He is bad Jake Debrusk but physical. He would go from folk hero to gigantic whipping boy here in two or three games and rightly so.
Still want him here because of this....

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Doubt they'd be in a rush to move him and he isn't part of the problem either, but if the Canucks continue sinking, Horvat would look really good here.

Cost would be Carlo and another forward/C to play their 3rd line I'd assume.

And he is definitely available. I'd bet he is the first move before the firing of Boudreau. It is a nightmare here in the city. I have several season ticket holder friends who are already scrambling to sell off tickets. Last year I probably went to a dozen games this year will be more with many being last minute free tickets.

Schenn and Miller fighting on the ice and arguing before 2nd intermission, three jerseys tossed on the ice. Hell, I turned down the season opener but the fact the tickets were offered tells you enough.

They bet on the last season and ignored the underlying numbers which suggested Demko was covering up huge faults in their system. Miller played his ass off for a retirement contract and has looked horrible all season and camp.

Boeser was another mistake signing. They should have moved on from both and acquired assets to build around EP40, Demko, Hughes and some of the younger forwards (Podkolzin, Kuzemenko, etc). Instead they handcuffed themselves with these bad contracts that are already being compared to Eriksson's deal.

The fans have moved past anger to disinterest and to have the boo birds out in full force on your home opener speaks volumes.

Bottom line; Horvat wasn't resigned before the other two despite being the captain and here since his draft. Agent thinks he is a 1st line C (numbers suggest 2nd line C with $7 million dollar contract being the comparable) but if you could get him for 8 years at his number ($53 million) and bring him to a winning culture you could really avoid the Bruins center exodus and build around him, Coyle and then target one of the C's the Bruins are scouting via FA.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’m good with keeping Carlo

I saw Barzal vs Carlo and Clifton vs Barzal at ice level and it was noticeable

Cliffy is a high end third pair

Carlo needs to be more aware of protecting himself when on the wall

I see Zacha as a pretty good winger - like to see him with Coyle

Could be really good

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
And yet the Devils could not wait to get rid of Zacha and give Wood a raise and the "A" after he missed basically the entire season with a hip injury.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
And yet the Devils could not wait to get rid of Zacha and give Wood a raise and the "A" after he missed basically the entire season with a hip injury.
Good counterpoint. Edit and I would also up until this year the Devils have stunk and have not evaluated talent that well. Desire and speed do count for a lot among hockey management. I still say bad Jake Debrusk and not someone I want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad