Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I really don't see how Horvat is going to get that much. Use the Hall trade as an example. Horvat being younger and a C he may get more but i doubt he signs in Vancouver and is currently being played as their 3C. Lysell shouldn't be apart of that trade talk unless it's 1 for 1 and with an extension. Hard to even include him with Pasta's future still up in the air

Hall would have gotten much, much more if he didn't have a full NMC.

Horvat will get a haul for sure

Reactions: Over the volcano

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
With nick foligno on a tear in the bottom 6 we have luxury now.
There is a lot competition between the forwards right and that is a good thing and I like the results it is producing , with that said I would like management to work on getting that D in better shape because if not the production they are getting out of the forwards will not be good enough........

Reactions: bbfan419

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
which part do you doubt?

I think the age thing is tricky because there's a perception that the Bruins are "old" since a lot of their key guys are "old"1 (37, 46, 63), but they also have plenty of youth in the lineup with guys like 73, 74, 88, etc.

As for the height and weight stuff, the Bruins have clearly gotten bigger just in the last year or 2. Adding Forbort and Lindholm on the back-end helped. Hell even Reilly is 6'2. Up front you have Coyle, Frederic, Nosek & Zacha as regulars now helping to skew things bigger. Hall, Smith & Greer aren't "small". Hell even Pasta, who we don't think of as "big" is 6'1 and close to 200lbs.
Opening night roster, which is the same used in the article

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Hall would have gotten much, much more if he didn't have a full NMC.

Horvat will get a haul for sure
I agree you look at the Copp trade last TDL and it was a 1st, 2nd and mid prospect.

Horvat is in a similar category, if not higher due to more consistency and durability.

Without having a 2nd, I think we would be looking at a 1st + one of Lysell/Lohrei/Beecher depending on the market

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The 2015 draft has been beaten to death but the Bruins could have had three centres after that who look like top-6 guys and they all went just after the Bruins picked:

1) Robert Thomas
2) Shane Pinto
3) Wyatt Johnston

Instead they picked:

1) Vaak (2 spots before Thomas)
2) Beecher (2 spots before Pinto)
3) Lysell (2 spots before Johnston)

I've always given Sweeney a pass for 2015 because he just started but continually missing in a spot where you desperately need help isn't going to get it done.

Last edited:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
The 2015 draft has been beaten to death but the Bruins could have had three centres after that who look like top-6 guys and they all went just after the Bruins picked:

1) Robert Thomas
2) Shane Pinto
3) Wyatt Johnston

Instead they picked:

1) Vaak (2 spots before Thomas)
2) Beecher (2 spots before Pinto)
3) Lysell (2 spots before Johnston)

I've always given Sweeney a pass for 2015 because he just started but continually missing in a spot where you desperately need help isn't going to get it done.
The draft is a total crapshoot outside of the first few picks. Plenty of teams could've had Pasta or McAvoy. You win some, you lose some.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The draft is a total crapshoot outside of the first few picks. Plenty of teams could've had Pasta or McAvoy. You win some, you lose some.

That's one way of looking at it.

Then again, why hire scouts at all if that's the case?

Reactions: Gordoff

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Horvat is mediocrity personified. There's absolutely 0 reason to pay any kind of ransom for a 27-year old 50 point scorer looking for his final big UFA contract.

Yeah unless you are flipping Coyle for him pass. If we resign Pasternak I can deal with a year of subpar center play assuming Bergeron and Krejci leave together. We don't need to make a Zhamnov panic move guys come available give yourselves 2 offseasons and a trade deadline to get someone good.

Reactions: bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yeah unless you are flipping Coyle for him pass. If we resign Pasternak I can deal with a year of subpar center play assuming Bergeron and Krejci leave together. We don't need to make a Zhamnov panic move guys come available give yourselves 2 offseasons and a trade deadline to get someone good.

Here's the thing, and maybe it's just speculation, or maybe there's a little when there is smoke, there is fire going on. Who is playing C with Pastrnak beyond this year?

Maybe Horvat is/isn't the answer, but he's better than what we have signed next year. Maybe Pasta doesn't re-sign without knowing who first. A little bit of the catch 22 we are caught in.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Here's the thing, and maybe it's just speculation, or maybe there's a little when there is smoke, there is fire going on. Who is playing C with Pastrnak beyond this year?

Maybe Horvat is/isn't the answer, but he's better than what we have signed next year. Maybe Pasta doesn't re-sign without knowing who first. A little bit of the catch 22 we are caught in.

I think one of Bergeron or Krejci returns.

They are both still very good. I assume they don't both walk on top.

But yeah the uncertainty is a definite reason to give in and pay the guy what he wants.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I think one of Bergeron or Krejci returns.

They are both still very good. I assume they don't both walk on top.

But yeah the uncertainty is a definite reason to give in and pay the guy what he wants.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was Bergeron's last season, especially with the build up of how this off-season went. Krejci I'd say is 50/50; but even that, that's what? 1-2 more seasons for Pasta? I think with the Bruins questionable C pipeline, it would be a legitimate concern for a guy that may want to be on a winning team.

I agree, pay him what he wants... but the issue here, what if it's NOT money.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I seem to remember a certain poster who was insistent that it would take Pastrnak++ to land Bo Horvat. And that it’s a move the Bruins needed to make.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
O
I wouldn't be surprised if this was Bergeron's last season, especially with the build up of how this off-season went. Krejci I'd say is 50/50; but even that, that's what? 1-2 more seasons for Pasta? I think with the Bruins questionable C pipeline, it would be a legitimate concern for a guy that may want to be on a winning team.

I agree, pay him what he wants... but the issue here, what if it's NOT money.
One or two seasons for Pasta?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
O

One or two seasons for Pasta?
?

I'm saying Pasta is not re-signing without knowing his C is.

I'm hoping I wasn't misintepreted as suggesting Pasta for Horvat; but more that we need to acquire a C to play WITH Pasta.

Not completely unrelated to Pasta re-signing, not saying Horvat is the answer, but he's better than we have signed next year.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Shame they sent down Lauko, the guy will fight, play good in his own end and he is around 2.5 million cheaper than Smith. He was invisible tonight and has not scored in nearly 30 games wearing a Bruin's jersey (included this pre-season). Even Kuhlman and Lazar have scored for their new teams and they kill penalties. When Mac and Marshy get back move out Smith and Reilly - thats 6.1 million. They are probably not going to keep either of them going forward and they are easily replaced by a lot cheaper guys.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Marchy-Bergy-Debrusk
Hall-Krejci-Pasta
That's your top 6 without debate really.
Zacha-Coyle-XXXX
XXXX-Nosek-XXXX
That leaves 3 spots for a lot of competition.
Frederic, Smith, Greer, Foligno, Studnicka, Lauko, Wagner
I think any combination of Frederic, Foligno, Nosek and Greer are your 10-11-12-13th forwards. Smith should be traded or sent down to the minors. An upgrade on 3RW should be a priority come deadline time.

Lindholm-Gryz
XXXX-McAvoy
Forbort-Carlo
Zboril-Clifton
Reilly-Stralman

Right now, Gryz and Lindholm have looked fantastic together, I'm not sure you break that pairing up when McAvoy gets back. Yes, Gryz is playing his offside but if I remember correctly, he used to play his offside a little bit with Chara as well. Or you can go Lindholm-Carlo and Gryz -McAvoy.

There's some big, big names that are UFA's in 2023 that could potentially pull a Taylor Hall and force themselves on the Bruins if we continue to play like real contenders. In my mind though, Reilly, Smith, and potentially Zacha need to be moved out at some point this season. You can potentially make a case for Carlo if Gryz moves to his off side and Clifton continues to play as well as he has to start the season. Lot of options when the boys are healthy and you start looking at gearing up for a post season run. I'm excited.........

Reactions: Mick Riddleton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad