Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think something around Debrusk, Reilly, Mast and a pick would get it done. Horvat while good isn't a guy you should break the bank on.
They have zero interest in Debrusk (not because he's not good, but they don't need a winger).

Better off selling a salary off for picks or sell Debrusk for picks, then give them to VAN. Van is likely Tank City this year and soon.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
It's still really early but I would move Smith and Reilly out once Marchand and McAvoy return. Demote Studnicka and call up Wagner.

Try Zacha + 1st for Horvat

Nucks obviously need defense but they could use a 3C that would be able to replace Horvat at half the cost.

Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
Hall Krejci Pastrnak
Frederic Horvat Coyle
Foligno Nosek Wagner/Greer

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril Stralman

Roster comes in less than a million under the cap and you can hopefully retain Horvat as a future top 6 center here. You still have Lauko - Studnicka - McLaughlin as depth in Providence.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
It's still really early but I would move Smith and Reilly out once Marchand and McAvoy return. Demote Studnicka and call up Wagner.

Nucks obviously need defense but they could use a 3C that would be able to replace Horvat at half the cost.

Hall Krejci Pastrnak
Frederic Horvat Coyle

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril Stralman

Roster comes in less than a million under the cap and you can hopefully retain Horvat as a future top 6 center here. You still have Lauko - Studnicka - McLaughlin as depth in Providence.
How are you moving Smith and Reilly? Reilly could've been had for free by any team a couple weeks ago and there were no takers.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Craig left his best game behind in Nashville. Probably the reason they didn't try too hard to re-up him. He isn't a disaster by any stretch, but also pretty underwhelming. He could go and I wouldn't miss him.
With his cap hit vs. production, no one in the east willing to help out the Bruins cap problems, gives us limited suitors, and arguably I could see him slipping through waivers unclaimed. He's a bottom 6 forward shooting forward that seems to have lost any scoring touch.

He's not bad, but I'd say he's arguably not an asset with value right now. Like a few other players on the bottom half of the roster.

Going to need some season ending injuries on another team until teams start reaching out, in my opinion.

Please sign Pasta NOW
I think I was told a couple months ago that there was plenty of time, no reason to worry, and he'd be extended by training camp.

But yes, I agree.

And if he was never going to re-sign, well that's a really really bad look on the team that was aggressively trying to re-sign him.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
How are you moving Smith and Reilly? Reilly could've been had for free by any team a couple weeks ago and there were no takers.
Easy teams don;t always claim players before the season as they are assessing what they have, also as the season goes on teams need D at some point and Reilly has played pretty well.

Every day that passes, and with every goal he scores I get more and more worried. If we trade him I'm going to be devastated. If he walks for nothing I don't even know what I'll do. I'd like to say I'd find a new team to root for but I know that's not true.
If they don't sign Pasta, Sweeney should be shown the door.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I have zero fear that Pasta re-signs here. We, I included, have the propensity to overreact and overthink things on this board. I'm sure the two sides are very close and they're looking 2-3 steps ahead, ala chess, to esnure the team is set up for success past 23-24. Pasta will re-sign here, as the godfather says, book it!

Reactions: BlackCrowes

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Easy teams don;t always claim players before the season as they are assessing what they have, also as the season goes on teams need D at some point and Reilly has played pretty well.

If they don't sign Pasta, Sweeney should be shown the door.
What Players are traded remains to be determined. I am of the mind set you make all off your LD available with the exception of Lindholm . You can figure out who other teams may be interested in and what the return may be.
I disagree Sweeney should be shown the door if Pasta is not signed. Sweeney's track record should determine his future not Pasta's decision. We do not know how Pasta and his agent are dealing on negotiations we have to wait. I will be disappointing if Pasta walks for nothing.

Bruinsguy613

Jul 13, 2022
I wonder with the Norris injury if there's any chance Ottawa comes sniffing around for a guy like Craig Smith. like the player but moving the 3M cap hit could go a long way with providing us some breathing room. takes the pressure off forcing a Reilly trade as well. gives Sweeney the chance to get something back for MR. that would provide 6M in cap space assuming we don't take a contract back.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Every day that passes, and with every goal he scores I get more and more worried. If we trade him I'm going to be devastated. If he walks for nothing I don't even know what I'll do. I'd like to say I'd find a new team to root for but I know that's not true.

Don't worry.

Be happy.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Hall Krejci Pastrnak
Frederic Horvat Coyle

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril Stralman

You give up Zacka and a first and " you can hopefully retain Hovat " . I suggest holding off the on the center position until off season unless you are blown away with a deal.

I don't even know why people keep wasting time talking about Horvat: there is no money to sign him.
I agree and we have Coyle for the third line and is doing a great job . Center is not the problem right now cap space and defense should be the concern..........

Bruinsguy613

Jul 13, 2022
With those two- 3.5m , but there is Foligno off the books, and Smith, which is 6.9m right there as well. Assorted other odds and ends also: Nosek, Clifton, Stralman. Enough to pay Pasta and get a good ways towards Hertl, but they would still have to move something I think.
not to mention do we have the pieces to acquire Hertl... gotta think SJ wants a "Lysell" type prospect or a boat load of pics

Reactions: Dr Hook

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
not to mention do we have the pieces to acquire Hertl... gotta think SJ wants a "Lysell" type prospect or a boat load of pics
When Krecji decided to comeback was a big boost for this team this year , but I do believe it stalls what should be done for the future for the center position. If the Bruins are going to make a move this year and I don't think any of this is possible without salaries being moved , but in my opinion I would be more interested in Hertl than Hovat.....

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I have zero fear that Pasta re-signs here. We, I included, have the propensity to overreact and overthink things on this board. I'm sure the two sides are very close and they're looking 2-3 steps ahead, ala chess, to esnure the team is set up for success past 23-24. Pasta will re-sign here, as the godfather says, book it!
Oh no! If it comes with the godfather's book it success rate, then we are in even worse shape than I thought.

• Haha

Bruinsguy613

Jul 13, 2022
teams needed to be cap compliant at the same time as us. it was an educated risk Sweeney took running him through waivers. a few teams yes could have grabbed him and didn't but majority of teams couldn't at the time take on the 3M in salary before needing to be cap compliant.... like us... conveniently when all teams could use LTIR we had foligno and reilly back in the fold. reports said Habs wanted him but didn't have the space... now if you put reilly or stud or smith on waivers they're gone.

I think I read somewhere.. take that with a grain of salt. but the main hold up was bonus structure and lock out protection... ie Pasta's agent wants a bonus structured contract with minimal salary and heavy bonus around the end of the CBA... which I guess typically isn't something the Jacobs family likes to allow their GMS to allow in contracts.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Please sign Pasta NOW

I think it's nearly certain Krejci is only playing 1 year based on some of his quotes. It's a tough spot for Pasta to want to be here after Bergy and Krejci leave. He may very well wait to see how the playoffs go. Imagine the stress? lol

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think it's nearly certain Krejci is only playing 1 year based on some of his quotes. It's a tough spot for Pasta to want to be here after Bergy and Krejci leave. He may very well wait to see how the playoffs go. Imagine the stress? lol
He seems like he loves Boston so hopefully he will stay. He is so important to the Bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad