Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I don’t think you’re making the point you think you are
I don't know, they were both RFA and kept one of them? I just love when this place brings up players they barely watch.

Good counterpoint. Desire and speed do count for a lot among hockey management. I still say bad Jake Debrusk and not someone I want.
You're entitled to your opinion for sure. He is reckless. He does play out of control. He also does some real good things and never plays with great players. I mean even if he played with Coyle and Smith I think you'd see a way more consistent player.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I don't know, they were both RFA and kept one of them? I just love when this place brings up players they barely watch.

You're entitled to your opinion for sure. He is reckless. He does play out of control. He also does some real good things and never plays with great players. I mean even if he played with Coyle and Smith I think you'd see a way more consistent player.
Fair enough, I actually think he hurts the Devils with his out-of-control play and individualistic style, but God knows I have made some terrible evaluations before.

Reactions: Gordoff

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Cost would be Carlo and another forward/C to play their 3rd line I'd assume.

And he is definitely available. I'd bet he is the first move before the firing of Boudreau. It is a nightmare here in the city. I have several season ticket holder friends who are already scrambling to sell off tickets. Last year I probably went to a dozen games this year will be more with many being last minute free tickets.

Schenn and Miller fighting on the ice and arguing before 2nd intermission, three jerseys tossed on the ice. Hell, I turned down the season opener but the fact the tickets were offered tells you enough.

They bet on the last season and ignored the underlying numbers which suggested Demko was covering up huge faults in their system. Miller played his ass off for a retirement contract and has looked horrible all season and camp.

Boeser was another mistake signing. They should have moved on from both and acquired assets to build around EP40, Demko, Hughes and some of the younger forwards (Podkolzin, Kuzemenko, etc). Instead they handcuffed themselves with these bad contracts that are already being compared to Eriksson's deal.

The fans have moved past anger to disinterest and to have the boo birds out in full force on your home opener speaks volumes.

Bottom line; Horvat wasn't resigned before the other two despite being the captain and here since his draft. Agent thinks he is a 1st line C (numbers suggest 2nd line C with $7 million dollar contract being the comparable) but if you could get him for 8 years at his number ($53 million) and bring him to a winning culture you could really avoid the Bruins center exodus and build around him, Coyle and then target one of the C's the Bruins are scouting via FA.
I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I wonder if Lysell + Carlo would start to get Vancouver's interest for Horvat? He'd be a great piece for the 3rd line this season.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I wonder if Lysell + Carlo would start to get Vancouver's interest for Horvat? He'd be a great piece for the 3rd line this season.
Who going to replace Carlo with ? Oh !!! and don't forget about that little thing called salary cap..........

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Who going to replace Carlo with ? Oh !!! and don't forget about that little thing called salary cap..........
Clifton has looked good thus far. Zboril has played reasonably well. Lohrei is a year or two away from potentially being here.
I said Carlo and Lysell, as in they'd be the conversation starters. Didn't realize you need me to send over the exact players and figures on a hypothetical trade request on a message board, my bad. I'll get better!

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I think Sweeney signs the best UFA center and that's that.

We can talk about who would be the best fit and who they should trade for, but at the end of the day, Sweeney believes in building through free agency. He would rather sign 32 year old Ryan O'Reilly than trade for 26 year old Bo Horvat. Whether you agree with that or not, that's what I think he'll do.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

We can talk about who would be the best fit and who they should trade for, but at the end of the day, Sweeney believes in building through free agency. He would rather sign 32 year old Ryan O'Reilly than trade for 26 year old Bo Horvat. Whether you agree with that or not, that's what I think he'll do.
And a team retooling on the fly should be more interested in signing players for free when possible.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Wait what?

This can’t be accurate

Is it??
which part do you doubt?

I think the age thing is tricky because there's a perception that the Bruins are "old" since a lot of their key guys are "old"1 (37, 46, 63), but they also have plenty of youth in the lineup with guys like 73, 74, 88, etc.

As for the height and weight stuff, the Bruins have clearly gotten bigger just in the last year or 2. Adding Forbort and Lindholm on the back-end helped. Hell even Reilly is 6'2. Up front you have Coyle, Frederic, Nosek & Zacha as regulars now helping to skew things bigger. Hall, Smith & Greer aren't "small". Hell even Pasta, who we don't think of as "big" is 6'1 and close to 200lbs.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

That's pretty lopsided for Vancouver TBH

Horvat is a UFA, and will likely not be signing with Vancouver. They get a top 4 defensive dman and a top 6 winger with upside for a UFA

Edit: One who is about to be overpaid, nonetheless. I like Horvat but I'd rather do something like Carlo + a 2nd

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

maybe, but he did trade for Lindholm. I realize he was a pending UFA, but it's clear that the Bruins identified him as their man and gave up a lot of assets for him.

If there's a particular center that they really want then I don't doubt that they'll at least try to trade for them.

In fact, given Horvat's age & contract status I think there's a strong argument that a trade & sign ala Lindholm would fit Sweeney's MO

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Clifton has looked good thus far. Zboril has played reasonably well. Lohrei is a year or two away from potentially being here.
I said Carlo and Lysell, as in they'd be the conversation starters. Didn't realize you need me to send over the exact players and figures on a hypothetical trade request on a message board, my bad. I'll get better!
I was not busting your balls , just don't see how that works with the cap and Connor Clifton I know right now is the flavor of the month but no way does he replace Carlo , and him and Zboril are already in the lineup............They need D help now.

Last edited:

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I really don't see how Horvat is going to get that much. Use the Hall trade as an example. Horvat being younger and a C he may get more but i doubt he signs in Vancouver and is currently being played as their 3C. Lysell shouldn't be apart of that trade talk unless it's 1 for 1 and with an extension. Hard to even include him with Pasta's future still up in the air

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
maybe, but he did trade for Lindholm. I realize he was a pending UFA, but it's clear that the Bruins identified him as their man and gave up a lot of assets for him.

If there's a particular center that they really want then I don't doubt that they'll at least try to trade for them.

In fact, given Horvat's age & contract status I think there's a strong argument that a trade & sign ala Lindholm would fit Sweeney's MO
Lindholm, and Hall, and Coyle. All pending UFA’s. That’s definitely part of his strategy too, but he usually takes a year off between dealing first round picks, and those deals served 2 purposes, filling a hole now and long-term. They don’t need a C this season. They’re also in a different place, in terms of being on the edge of a retool vs being in the middle of the window.

End of the day I can’t see him dealing a 1st and Lysell/Lohrei to get a 1c. I think he’ll go the UfA route.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I really don't see how Horvat is going to get that much. Use the Hall trade as an example. Horvat being younger and a C he may get more but i doubt he signs in Vancouver and is currently being played as their 3C. Lysell shouldn't be apart of that trade talk unless it's 1 for 1 and with an extension. Hard to even include him with Pasta's future still up in the air
Hall did have a NMC and could pick his spot. Horvat does not.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Lindholm, and Hall, and Coyle. All pending UFA’s. That’s definitely part of his strategy too, but he usually takes a year off between dealing first round picks, and those deals served 2 purposes, filling a hole now and long-term. They don’t need a C this season. They’re also in a different place, in terms of being on the edge of a retool vs being in the middle of the window.

End of the day I can’t see him dealing a 1st and Lysell/Lohrei to get a 1c. I think he’ll go the UfA route.
with Horvat it would be a challenge to make a trade at the deadline but I could see a trade for his rights before free agency since they could sign him in the summer to replace one of 37 or 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad