Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Not gonna begrudge him either and he deserves to get paid (though not as much as EDM is going to give him) but he hardly left it all out there. A guy like Gallagher leaves it all on the ice. Hyman is just perceived as some gritty guy because he would skate into the corners on the forecheck. The guy barely ever stuck up for his teammates and was a teddy bear. But I guess it’s monkey see monkey do with this team so I can’t even blame him for that.

Still we needed more Hymans not fewer.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Well he has shown he is a shitty contract negotiator. Those so called big 4 are all overpaid by 2 million each. Those contracts handcuffed the team. Thats about 7 to 8 million we should have on the cap.

Wow what a complete overexaggeration here.

So there you go perfect example, you batching about the contracts he signed for top talent players, apparently he overpaid by 2 mil each.

He avoids overpaying a middle 6 guy and you whine about it.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
IDK Bert, I want to see him hold firm and let Edmonton tie up more cap. Helping edmonton out for a late pick doesn't seem worth it to me.

It is not worth it for every team in the NHL
EXCEPT THE TEAM RECEIVING THE COMPENSATION.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
So now who's going to help Matthews from getting ragdolled?

tenor.gif

Why bother, getting bullied is apparently fun.

Reactions: Aus34Matt

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
Man
I’m glad dubie didn’t fall for it.
That’s a long ass time for anyone that plays that style.
Kudos to you Hyman get your cash but man is Edmonton in trouble cap wise in a few years yikes

Reactions: hockeywiz542

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
It is true and this Morgan poster, came up with some very salient, points.

Thanks to corona we cannot fulfill supposedly, the demands, of the best player in Maple leaf history, of the area of ice, most guys hate to enter into.

And apart from a few plays, i dont think Hyman was all that brave.

I mean the bravest, craziest hockey player who ever wore the blue and white was Glenn Anderson. that guy would head right to the net and almost invite a skate to the face, it was tough watching that maniac.

No Hyman was almost scientific. Go into the offensive zone and tie that puck the f...ck up.

He was like a dog, a hound dog, but brilliantly, he didn't put himself into take a skate to the face, like anderson.

His ability to keep the puck, somehow, in the other teams zone was uncanny.

I love hymer, but he would probably be the first to admit he wasn't all that tough, he just invented a new stat, a new, old way to play the game.

I am sure somewhere there is another hymer, maybe even dubie, has one in mind. Its not that complicated a game, but, man, no one seems to want to do it.

Hymes loved it and yes he was on one leg in the playoffs, still had a ton of dog and compete in him.

Best jewish nhler so far, I have ever seen.

Love the guy, will always, always cheer for him and his family.

Last edited:

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Ridiculous Chiarot is allowed to do that to Matthews without an additional call.

I mean c’mon what’s the call going to be? Even in the regular season it would be tough to sell that as a roughing minor. In the playoffs good luck with that.

Thank God the league hasn’t gotten that soft yet. It would be pathetic to watch.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Thing is he could be cross checked in the face and noone would react

We’ve seen plenty of that over the years. So f***ing cringe when one of our guys would go down and everyone on the ice would just stand around. That always told me how tight knit this team was. They just didn’t care about each other.

Reactions: Lumberg

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Have to imagine Dubas isn’t stubborn enough to not get at least a late round pick back at this point
Dubas has all of the leverage.

We own the player's rights and the opportunity cost for TOR is the loss of a ~4th-6th round pick. For EDM, not getting the 8th year at a lower AAV is poor optics and a bungled cap situation. 500k-1m might not seem like a lot, but Holland already admitted that they will be doing at least 1 buyout soon because they desperately need the cap room to fill out more holes than they have money for. The contract will immediately look bad even at 5m over 8 years, let alone close to 6m if they can't buy that 8th year.

Dubas should absolutely ask for a 2nd rounder and not settle for less than a 4th-5th. Other teams hold a gun to TOR's head when it comes to the cap so they should reciprocate.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
We’ve seen plenty of that over the years. So f***ing cringe when one of our guys would go down and everyone on the ice would just stand around. That always told me how tight knit this team was. They just didn’t care about each other.
And yet we keep hearing about how tight they are and are so committed to winning. I guess the switch will just turn on next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad