Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
Dubas couldn't have predicted COVID-19.

But he consistently overvalues his players and his team.

And, he should have known Marner was never going to live up to 10.8 AAV. It was obvious at the time and the solution was to bridge. But he paid out overpay money
Dubas couldn't have predicted COVID-19.

But he consistently overvalues his players and his team.

And, he should have known Marner was never going to live up to 10.8 AAV. It was obvious at the time and the solution was to bridge. But he paid out overpay money

This isn't a Dubas thing specifically . It's been happening with every GM since Fletcher . Over valuing and over paying every " star " player who is decent but never is as good as they get paid in Toronto. The Leaf's have the largest fan base and largest bank account so agents take them to the cleaners . Look at the long list of players and then their peers and it's pretty evident in Toronto you'll be paid well . At least with the cap they have a valid excuse to not hand out any more large contracts .

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I mean even if the big 4 all took a little less and we had the money I’m not comfortable giving him that term and money.

good on Hyman for getting paid!

Reactions: axlrose87

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Good for Hyman... following the example set by Hyman, Marner and Matthews.

Good luck Dubas....gonna be hard to get any players with loyalty with the precedence set by the top players.

Also I'm unsure why he allowed teams to negotiate early with him, without them having to pay a draft pick if they signed him to ANY deal.. not just a sign and trade.
He's a good guy

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Edmonton and Toronto are squabbling over 3.2 million in cap savings for a trade. You think edm would come down in price from a 6th to a 4th atleast for that.

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017
So now who's going to help Matthews from getting ragdolled?

tenor.gif

Reactions: PromisedLand

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Hilarious that Dubas sticks to his guns and doesn't over pay Hyman on a too long of a deal and he still doesn't get credit.

People on this board are clearly just picking a side and it's BS.

Call it like it is, he made a good decision here.

Call him out on bad decisions and good decisions. It's total BS to take every good decision and crap on it.
Well he has shown he is a shitty contract negotiator. Those so called big 4 are all overpaid by 2 million each. Those contracts handcuffed the team. Thats about 7 to 8 million we should have on the cap.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
That is so gutless

It's gutless on the leafs.... nobody willing to stand up for their star player. Last time chiarot pulled this on Matthews... Simmonds split him open. Remember Laraque chasing Lucic around... that was excellent to watch.

Leafs want to play Matthews and Marner 25 minutes a night but don't want to put some muscle on the 4th line to play 4 minutes just to intimidate the opposition. One of my favorite games of all time was McClaren and Orr terrorizing Montreal. It messed the Canadiens up so bad that Gorges refused to a trade to Toronto.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
What compensation is worth helping out another team with a lower cap hit? Greater than or equal to a fourth round pick I'd say. Otherwise I don't see the value.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Miss you Zach. Don't begrudge you getting paid one bit. Thanks for always leaving it out there and good luck in Edmonton. Oiler fans got a beauty!

Not gonna begrudge him either and he deserves to get paid (though not as much as EDM is going to give him) but he hardly left it all out there. A guy like Gallagher leaves it all on the ice. Hyman is just perceived as some gritty guy because he would skate into the corners on the forecheck. The guy barely ever stuck up for his teammates and was a teddy bear. But I guess it’s monkey see monkey do with this team so I can’t even blame him for that.

Reactions: finallaptwin

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It's gutless on the leafs.... nobody willing to stand up for their star player. Last time chiarot pulled this on Matthews... Simmonds split him open. Remember Laraque chasing Lucic around... that was excellent to watch.

Leafs want to play Matthews and Marner 25 minutes a night but don't want to put some muscle on the 4th line to play 4 minutes just to intimidate the opposition. One of my favorite games of all time was McClaren and Orr terrorizing Montreal. It messed the Canadiens up so bad that Gorges refused to a trade to Toronto.
But these are the Flower sniffing butterfly chasing Leafs. No bad people in the Garden lol. The team sucks with gutlessness to a man. Useless group of cowards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad