Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
5 goals in 32 games, a desperately terrible playoff performer (not enough courage/weak character?), glad that at least one of the chokers is gone. Good luck Zach, I genuinely hope that he can find the guts to actually lead in the playoffs some day but it's unlikely. He has that Wendel Clark gene that begets playoff failure.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Read more, post less.
We'll all be better off for it.
Yes. Another old man that somehow supports Mitch. This is the type of guy on Instagram named Bob leaving comments like “don’t worry Mitch everyone that hates you isn’t a real fan. I AM a real fan choose me Mitch”

Reactions: axlrose87

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Way too much term, but glad he's getting paid, and glad that contract isn't ours. Hopefully we can snatch a 3rd round pick from this.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
If the deals reported are true, that's 375k savings for 7 years, 2% discount rate for rising cap, present value of the savings is 2.2m.

But NHL trades have never logically accounted for term and 375k isn't crazy high... so who knows. I think we get at least a 4th, but 2nd+ isn't crazy (though it would be a big win and shouldn't be expected)

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
5 goals in 32 games, a desperately terrible playoff performer (not enough courage/weak character?), glad that at least one of the chokers is gone. Good luck Zach, I genuinely hope that he can find the guts to actually lead in the playoffs some day but it's unlikely. He has that Wendel Clark gene that begets playoff failure.

Are you kidding?? Have you ever watched a Wendel Clark playoff game? If you did you'd see just how wrong you are. Wow. Just wow. Ciao.

Mancunian

Dec 6, 2008
Would Leafs fans be interested in James Neal at 50% for Zach Hyman's rights so Edmonton can get that 8-year deal done?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It's fine to walk away from Hyman if the organizing doesn't believe he's worth the money other teams are offering him. But then the question is do the Leafs have a next man up? Leafs clearly don't, so who will be brought in to get to par with what he brought to the table. And that's just to be equal to last year, which was a failure of a campaign. Ideally you are improving, not getting worse.

In this particular case getting worse is way more preferable than signing hyman to 7 or 8 years. That is an anchor contract

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Are you kidding?? Have you ever watched a Wendel Clark playoff game? If you did you'd see just how wrong you are. Wow. Just wow. Ciao.

0 cups. Uncle Dads love him despite a career of utter failure. The process doesn't matter, only results, right? 0 cups, bad player. Blocking me is an amazing gift, and I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Funny that Dubas keeps tip toeing around Hyman signing in Edmonton. He hasnt heard anything other then whats been reported? Nothing from agent or player? Horrible liar.

Just state he isnt coming back, I screwed the cap and I cannot bring him back. Simple.

Daeomer

Jul 19, 2018
Maybe Hyman is actually being the ultimate Leaf here…
1) Goes to Edmonton on outrageous contract;
2) Puts Edmonton in salary cap purgatory;
3) Edmonton can’t resign McDavid in 2026;
4) Leafs sign McDavid with money from expiring Tavares/Marner;
5) Hyman is traded back to Leafs at 50% and hoists the Cup in 2027!
6) Hyman is all-time Leaf hero.

:sarcasm:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Funny that Dubas keeps tip toeing around Hyman signing in Edmonton. He hasnt heard anything other then whats been reported? Nothing from agent or player? Horrible liar.

Just state he isnt coming back, I screwed the cap and I cannot bring him back. Simple.

why would you want him back for 7/8 years at $5M i dont want him for 1 year at 5M.

This seems a very strange way to go about hating dubas, basically "i cant believe dubas screwed up paying stars now we cant sign a long term overpay for a guy whos main attribute is hard working" and not really much else. Why the desperation for such an anchor contract

Reactions: Ciao

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You are right .. my question is if we trade his rights to Oilers and if after 3-5 years Zach is out of game with injuries do we take on da CAP hit risk in part????????
Once the trade is made he's all the Oilers problem then. lol

That contract, much as I love Zach, will not age well.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Maybe Hyman is actually being the ultimate Leaf here…
1) Goes to Edmonton on outrageous contract;
2) Puts Edmonton in salary cap purgatory;
3) Edmonton can’t resign McDavid in 2026;
4) Leafs sign McDavid with money from expiring Tavares/Marner;
5) Hyman is traded back to Leafs at 50% and hoists the Cup in 2027!
6) Hyman is all-time Leaf hero.

:sarcasm:
2027 would be 11 years since the rebuild really ended (AM34 ended the rebuild lol), the Caps won their cup 11 years after their rebuild ended (Alzner in 2007 went 5th overall to caps). Coincidence... I think not

Reactions: Daeomer

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Congratulations to Hyman, looks like he's about to make himself some serious money

I'm also glad we aren't the ones giving him that abomination of a contract and if we had of been I'd have wanted to march on MLSE with a pitch fork

So thank you Kenny and good on you Kyle for not being an idiot like Kenny

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Hyman will be to McDavid what Chris Kunitz was to Crosby. A reliable veteran player, extremely hard worker, willing to go to the dirty areas to retrieve pucks and bang in rebounds. The last 3-4 years of his contract will probably suck, but the first 4 will be awesome.

McDavid will have north of 100 points each year he's healthy (70+ games) and I don't think Hyman will have fewer than 55-60 points over the next 4 years, assuming he plays with McDavid and / or Draisaitl and stays healthy.

They slightly overpaid because free agents almost never go to Edmonton, but make no mistake, they made their team better with this move. They desperately needed another top 6 caliber winger with some size and sand paper. 4.75 is probably what Hyman has earned. Overpaying by 500k to get a guy as highly regarded to Edmonton, where nobody wants to go, is not terrible at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad