Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Didn't have to sit out, get his dad involved, drag it out and get fat in the meantime. Good on you Zack. Hope you hit 35 goals and Connor gets 150 points.
It doesn’t matter.
Hyman in, Hyman out.
McCann in or out.
We still have the same GM and core.
It would only matter if the core showed the ability to carry the team in the playoffs. They don’t and one magic guy isn’t going to save us.
The core playoff mentality:
upload_2021-7-22_11-27-32.jpeg

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
If Hyman ends up getting 7x5.5 or 8x5, what on earth was his ask for 3 or 4 years? You'd have to imagine it starts with a 7, right?

I don't think a guy like him even entertains a 3-4 year deal. It's a non starter.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I wonder what matthews an Marner think of this. I wonder if those two even care.

Reactions: 96

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Hyman playing on McDavids wing now cuz we couldn’t afford to pay him half what Marner gets lols

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Hyman playing on McDavids wing now cuz we couldn’t afford to pay him half what Marner gets lols

Again, we could afford to pay him the 5-5.5 that he'll get - it's just a bad deal long term. In 3 years when his contract is an anchor and costs us more talented players, folks like you would be on here bitching about that contract.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It's fine to walk away from Hyman if the organizing doesn't believe he's worth the money other teams are offering him. But then the question is do the Leafs have a next man up? Leafs clearly don't, so who will be brought in to get to par with what he brought to the table. And that's just to be equal to last year, which was a failure of a campaign. Ideally you are improving, not getting worse.

It will be very interesting to see who their FA targets end up being. I'd imagine they'll at least circle back and kick tires on Granlund. Not for as much as he made last year though

Reactions: Kurtz

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I've expected Hall to take a discount, but 4x6M ? Looks too sweet for Bruins, considering Hall is UFA on the market...

Keeping him under 6.3 6.7 6.6 top line.. Is this an internal cap at work?

Mike Smith at 2M looking great..

Hyman in Edmonton will be a pain in the ass to play against. Good for them after losing Larson :D

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It will need more....this is more than just trading for the rights to a player. This is about helping a team out too with the 8th year.

I wouldn't do it without a significant return....especially if a signing bonus is involved.
You are right .. my question is if we trade his rights to Oilers and if after 3-5 years Zach is out of game with injuries do we take on da CAP hit risk in part????????

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I've expected Hall to take a discount, but 4x6M ? Looks too sweet for Bruins, considering Hall is UFA on the market...

Keeping him under 6.3 6.7 6.6 top line.. Is this an internal cap at work?

Mike Smith at 2M looking great..

Hyman in Edmonton will be a pain in the ass to play against. Good for them after losing Larson :D
I'm sure he likes it there and he's already made 50 mil or so, I believe.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Nah I wouldn’t I’m not braindead like some people.

5M for a top 6 winger vs 10.9 for a top 6 winger

you a clown

Nah, the GM is a clown. Hymie asks for 6 because he can get it and willing to take a discount but not enough of a discount Dubas wants. The 3 amigos ask and receive overpays and get money up front. Nylander paid for sitting out two months.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Nah, the GM is a clown. Hymie asks for 6 because he can get it and willing to take a discount but not enough of a discount Dubas wants. The 3 amigos ask and receive overpays and get money up front. Nylander paid for sitting out two months.
He got Marner to cut down from 11.6 to 10.9… why the f*** is that guy still on the team? And why are only old people like @Kurtz defending it? Seems like everyone under 30 yo can see right through Mitch but the older crowd is still fooled.

grandpa kurtz literally said dubas is smart because he wears glasses. Bruh

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

It is crazy that you were in the negotiations. Can we have more insight into this made-up story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad