Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Hope Hyman cashes in. He gave his all every shift. He's just not a top guy. His playoff numbers are atrocious and was invisible when he was needed most.

Reactions: LFCTML

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
a disaster? for real? if they do a trade its a 6th or a7th. We arent giving hyman 7 or 8 years no way in hell so he is gone anyway. HAHA A f***ing disaster missing out on a 7th jeezus id hate to be near you in any sort of real crisis if this is your definition of a disaster
giphy.gif

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You must have missed the preface of “potential” in my posts.

Update on your news flash: they have already agreed to a 7 year deal, so now they can simply just go with that on the 28th and boom, they had a free negotiation at the cost of nothing
Ah, makes perfect sense now.

In your fantasy, Dubas could potentially let them trade for Hyman for nothing - even though there is no evidence he would - but yet you will start an entire narrative around this and argue with every poster about that narrative because reality does not matter, only your narrative matters even though it's only "potential".

Got it. Understood.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think Oilers have done more this offseason to improve their chances than the Leafs. That said, it's early, so ask me again a couple weeks from now.

Most people hate the Keith deal, I think it's a good gamble. And I think Hyman makes McDavid even more dangerous. He's going to get a lot more open looks because of Hyman and Hyman should get a bunch of goals a foot from the net.

No doubt in 4-5 years the deal will be ugly, but Oilers should be in win now mode.

Eh disagree with most of this but its not an outrageous take. 2-3 years that deal is ugly, is it confirmed he will even play with McDavid? i guess its a reasonable possibility, why would he get more looks becasue of hyman? McDavid scores a lot of the rush hyman will still be in the Dzone which isnt particularity a dig at hyman McDavid is lightning fast

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
We wanted Hyman back, even offered the same term. Other team offers more money and potentially doesn’t pay the entry fee to do so. That is poaching.

If we had no interest in bringing him back and it’s a scrub player like Nash, then sure, have at it.
Good guy Dubas is ruining the Oilers cap.
Don't get the whining

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
You are making things up now.

Take off the Dubas goggles and look OBJECTIVELY.
What am I making up? It hasn't been widely reported they've agree to both a 7 and 8 year deal? Or that they can wait until the free window opens to sign him to 7 years?

Good guy Dubas is ruining the Oilers cap.
Don't get the whining
I do love that though

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Egocock must be cryin that someone hasn't offered him a 7x7 yet for the gud pro hymie

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What am I making up? It hasn't been widely reported they've agree to both a 7 and 8 year deal? Or that they can wait until the free window opens to sign him to 7 years?
Your omitted your made up narrative as one of your choices.

Why am I not surprised.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

I do love that though

Youre really arguing about how bad it would be if Dubas missed out on what likely is a 4th-7th round pick?

You are as dramatic as an Italian soccer player

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Eh disagree with most of this but its not an outrageous take. 2-3 years that deal is ugly, is it confirmed he will even play with McDavid? i guess its a reasonable possibility, why would he get more looks becasue of hyman? McDavid scores a lot of the rush hyman will still be in the Dzone which isnt particularity a dig at hyman McDavid is lightning fast

That's my point. McDavid is deadly on the rush. But if he fails on the rush, he becomes less effective because nobody gets him the puck. If you have Hyman on the wall, he'll likely win the puck and get it to McDavid. If they also have Drai on this line, it becomes a crazy scary line. You will often see situations where two guys will try to battle Hyman for the puck, and then you have McDavid either open or looking for another open guy on his wing, which could be Drai.

Lol who knows. Hyman could blow out his knee in training camp. Maybe the Oilers want to create more depth and spread guys out. But from a hockey standpoint, I like the pairing.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
That's my point. McDavid is deadly on the rush. But if he fails on the rush, he becomes less effective because nobody gets him the puck. If you have Hyman on the wall, he'll likely win the puck and get it to McDavid. If they also have Drai on this line, it becomes a crazy scary line. You will often see situations where two guys will try to battle Hyman for the puck, and then you have McDavid either open or looking for another open guy on his wing, which could be Drai.

Lol who knows. Hyman could blow out his knee in training camp. Maybe the Oilers want to create more depth and spread guys out. But from a hockey standpoint, I like the pairing.
It should be a real nice pairing for a couple years if Hyman's knees hold up

Reactions: The CyNick

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Update on your news flash: they have already agreed to a 7 year deal, so now they can simply just go with that on the 28th and boom, they had a free negotiation at the cost of nothing

I don’t think that is the way it works.

when has a team ever just let a player do that?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah I'll call you up if a disaster ever strikes so you can protect me

Still waiting for the actual answer to the question
Your phony, made up narrative about Dubas.

Just because you don't like the answer I've said several times doesn't mean you can constantly ignore it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The last 2 years goal production.

Hyman ... 94 games = 36 goals vs Marner .. 114 games (+20 games) = 36 goals

Goals per game Calculation: 36 goals / 94 games played =..382 Goals/g X 82 games = 31.4 goals full season.

Leafs have to find a 1st line LW replacement for $2.25 mil (Hyman's former cap usage) that will produce at a +30 goal over a full season, and bring the compete and physicality and other tangibles Zach does just to BREAK-EVEN production wise and cap usage wise and not have Matthews nor Marner fall off their paces as well.

Hyman playing alongside McDavid on a full year is going to flirt with that 30 goal mark. IMO

Leafs are going to have a difficult time replacing his production at his cap value to retain his former production.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

I don’t think that is the way it works.

when has a team ever just let a player do that?

Reactions: kb

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You know if you take $2 mil overpayment from Marner and $500k overpayment from Matthews and gave it to their linemate Hyman, then you would have Zach's new contract at $ 5 mil covered.
There were no overpayments to Matthews and Marner, and even if you somehow gained that cap space, it shouldn't be used to give Hyman 8 x 5m.

Reactions: kb

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Your phony, made up narrative about Dubas.

Just because you don't like the answer I've said several times doesn't mean you can constantly ignore it.
Oh the post where you're claiming that I'm saying a trade could be executed without the exchange of assets from both sides? Did you mistype "trade" with "sign"? I never said they could trade for Hyman without giving the Leafs anything...

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I would argue that the narrative that hyman retrieves the puck at some insanely high level is a bit of a myth, and that what he does with a good number of those pucks he gets is questionable in its value. He's gonna dig those pucks out, but he lacks the passing ability to really do much with them, which is why you so often see him look off Matthews and marner and just try to bulldoze it to the net and lose it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad