GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Didn't take long for the "goaltending sucks" crowd to show up. Tired of this shit. Shitty team, idc what the excuses are

5-4-1 now, still tons of games in hand on other teams in the division

It just didn't feel like their night at all, Detroit plays the stupidest style of hockey and are going to end up picking bottom 5. Once their goaltending goes to league average and not 1998 Hasek, they're going to lose games 6-1 nightly

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
the D gave up nothing lol do you guys watch these games?

Got lucky on two flubbed should have been breakaways, Luke with a pizza on one of the Detroit goals, Debrincat had 3 or 4 glorious chances that he flubbed before he finally scored. Completely forgot how to PK....

Detroit is sick and undermanned. And bad even when healthy. I'm sorry, there is no excuse. No good team loses that game. We have seen this exact same score o meter domination and game loss for years now. I'm done with the excuses.

My tone might be different if they looked at all competent against any of the good teams they have played but they haven't. They got their faces kicked in by Tampa and Toronto and really had no right getting the game against Washington to OT. I'm not writing off the season at this point because that would be dumb. But damn it would be nice to see some kind of improvement on the same issues that have plagued this team for the better part of a decade now.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Best game so far this season. They play like this most nights and it’ll be a great rest of the season.

We were watching two different games. This looked like a lot of the games we've seen for three of the last four years.

Plenty of selfishness in the offensive zone, carelessness in their own end, undisciplined penalties at key times, and a general lack of poise.

If this is the way they play against Detroit, how are they ever going to beat teams like the Rangers, Panthers or any of the other teams expected to be in the playoffs?

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Not happy about Markstrom tonight, but I guess he kept other games much closer so it's a net zero on the season so far.

But I do think the foundation is there with this team. It just needs to gel. I like a lot, maybe even most things.
That's the frustrating part. They SHOULD be good.

Reactions: Oneiro

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The goaltending is awful and the team is undisciplined (both penalties in the third were hit head reaction penalties). Not a good combo.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Forgive me for asking but exactly does a goalie coach do? I can see them helping a rookie or a kid for the first few years but what is he coaching to a 10+ year veteran?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What?! How?
This game reminds me a lot of some of the turning point games in past seasons, I've referenced a few of them.

And the way this transpired with those two quick goals, then the cherry on top with Markstrom giving the game away late.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
We were watching two different games. This looked like a lot of the games we've seen for three of the last four years.

Plenty of selfishness in the offensive zone, carelessness in their own end, undisciplined penalties at key times, and a general lack of poise.

If this is the way they play against Detroit, how are they ever going to beat teams like the Rangers, Panthers or any of the other teams expected to be in the playoffs?
If the Devils get twice as many good chances as the other team they will win most of those nights.

The past few years the Devils gave up tons of good chances, they didn’t tonight.

This looked nothing like last year.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Easily the most frustrating loss I can remember in recent memory. I’m so pissed.

I have zero tolerance for brain dead, needless penalties…ESPECIALLY THAT LATE IN A GAME!!! I know it won’t happen but I’d bench Mercer’s ass and healthy scratch him tomorrow night to break that meaningless “consecutive games played” thing he has going on.

How do you dominate a team as thoroughly as the Devils did, outshoot the opponent by a 3:1 margin and still lose? That was some absolutely rancid goaltending by Markstrom. We gave up a first round pick for THIS?! I looked at my girlfriend after the Mercer penalty and said, “the goalie isn’t going to make some big saves here” and I was right…even Stevie Wonder could see what was about to happen.

We deserve so much better. This one is going to stink for awhile.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Got lucky on two flubbed should have been breakaways, Luke with a pizza on one of the Detroit goals, Debrincat had 3 or 4 glorious chances that he flubbed before he finally scored. Completely forgot how to PK....

Detroit is sick and undermanned. And bad even when healthy. I'm sorry, there is no excuse. No good team loses that game. We have seen this exact same score o meter domination and game loss for years now. I'm done with the excuses.

My tone might be different if they looked at all competent against any of the good teams they have played but they haven't. They got their faces kicked in by Tampa and Toronto and really had no right getting the game against Washington to OT. I'm not writing off the season at this point because that would be dumb. But damn it would be nice to see some kind of improvement on the same issues that have played this team for the better part of a decade now.

again, this is bullshit. Sorry. T

any other goalie they easily get 2 points tonight. Detroit didnt do f***ing anything.

Reactions: longislanddevil

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
What's Oliwa up to??

dzwoniłeś?

Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 11.16.09 PM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad