GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Now we get to hear the story tomorrow about how hard back to backs are and the Isles are a hungry team. (Scheduled loss at home).

Dano makes these losses 50 times worse with his rebuilding mode moral victories bullshit.

And Marty is a severely overrated goalie that was carried by hall of fame defensemen.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Signal

Jan 18, 2018
I am fuming but I like the TEAM response here. They are pissed off and I am truly hoping this sh!tty game gives them a spark. Nothing sucks as bad as taking a tough loss and seeing them basically shrug their shoulders and skate off the ice. No, losses should not just be accepted. It should burn their asses. Show some passion, start playing with some heart, start playing for each other and f**cking bring it the next game. We better crush the Islanders tomorrow!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Im focue

I assume you mean the Kane goal.

I don't disagree, but Kane with an open look sneaking a goal through tight a spot is not some "can't happen" experience.

I mean sure "make the save" but it's not a crazy bad goal.

If he picked a corner sure, but it went through Markstrom. Puck in that spot needs to be stopped. He saw it, it hit his body.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
No. Win, that's it. Just freaking win somehow. No more Ruff meter victories while leaving 2 points on the table.
Next time they’ll try to win, idk why they didn’t try that tonight. I would’ve thought pouring on the chances while giving up none would’ve been enough, but some other factor decided this one.

1729821610270.jpeg

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I said it earlier at the end of the second, it felt like a toss to up shot advantage or not. Then Markstrom shits the bed. Nico and only Nico deserved better.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
The effort is at least encouraging tonight. They very much played a strong game tonight.

Will they be able to play like this against the cream of the crop? Let's hope so. Feels like a step in the right direction.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Jacob Markstrom stopped -2.13 above expected tonight.
His -3.8 goals saved above expected ranks 44th of 49 goaltenders. His SV% is .877.

Mackenzie Blackwood is 26th on the list; Vitek Vanecek is 33rd.
I was in favor of getting Markstrom, but his great year/shitty year career yoyo pattern is very very concerning.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Guess we know what Markstrom we're getting this year, at least 25-26 should be fun with his alternating years
If he's not good this year, he'll almost definitely have a new goalie coach next year, and maybe even a new GM.

I guess it's kind of possible he could have a bad season, but we somehow still have a good season by outscoring the shitty goaltending and both get a stay of execution.
We did the opposite for the coaching staff as a whole lol
In my example I mean we burned down all things goaltending. Brought in new goalies, purged the turds from the last several years, but kept the goalie coach through it all.

We pretty much took the heads of them all, other than the head of the snake.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The effort is at least encouraging tonight. They very much played a strong game tonight.

Will they be able to play like this against the cream of the crop? Let's hope so. Feels like a step in the right direction.

Don't think they have any cream of the crop upcoming outside of i guess Edmonton who is having their own issues.

Should be getting 3 out of 4 points if not the entire 4 out of the Isles and Ducks

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Next time they’ll try to win, idk why they didn’t try that tonight. I would’ve thought pouring on the chances while giving up none would’ve been enough, but some other factor decided this one.

View attachment 921180

The team has to win. I'm done with stats. Talbot made a couple very good saves. I really don't think he was great by any means. Pretty average. Markstrom didn't. Let in a bad goal. Boo hoo. It's ******* Detroit. And they are sick. And missing a forward. Just win the damn game.

If the stats start looking like this against good teams and we leave points on the table so be it. I just can't see how this is a moral victory. The stats seem very flattering from what it felt like watching the game.

Camille the Eel

Terrible way to lose that game. Tied under 5 left you have to get a point out of that game there.

Sign of an immature team that doesn’t know how to play situational hockey. Only we aren’t young any more. I don’t know how to make excuses for this one. Very disappointed in this group.

Ouf. Feels like we are back to square one, starting all over and it’s the same old story.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't think they have any cream of the crop upcoming outside of i guess Edmonton who is having their own issues.

Should be getting 3 out of 4 points if not the entire 4 out of the Isles and Ducks
We have the Ducks this weekend.

Who we (SURPRISE!) went 0-2-0 against last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad