GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
It has to be in the team's head a little bit. A random game like this happening is so no biggie.

But they gave 6 in a bad goaltending performance from markstrom then 8, now 4 in 19 shots in a game they thoroughly dominated.

And for sure, the team as a whole was a mess in those caps / Tampa games. But that's a whole lot of goals to give up in a short time, and when you've been plagued by the goals and shit goalies , I have to imagine it's hard to keep the, "here we go again" from creeping in to your head

Reactions: NjDevsRR

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It has to be in the team's head a little bit. A random game like this happening is so no biggie.

But they gave 6 in a bad goaltending performance from markstrom then 8, now 4 in 19 shots in a game they thoroughly dominated.

And for sure, the team as a whole was a mess in those caps / Tampa games. But that's a whole lot of goals to give up in a short time, and when you've been plagued by the goals and shit goalies , I have to imagine it's hard to keep the, "here we go again" from creeping in to your head

There's where Keefe and the veterans have to step up for this core and tell them not to worry about it and shift by shift, Nico shrugged it off and scored late to tie. My worry would be more with Jack/Bratt tbh, you see them gripping their sticks more trying to play hero hockey when they're down or in a game they should be up 2-3 up by like tonight.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017

And before anyone gets on my ass, the entire point is they need to get it together, and after I've been saying that, they've been losing lmao. Can't assume the other teams will just lose every game 4-5 more times. They're quickly losing ground (they already were)

It's pathetic how much we left on the table and how we threw our advantage of starting before everyone away and actually made it a massive disadvantage.

Tonight was a bad loss. There is no moral victory of well they looked good. It was Detroit, the only goals scored by us were on the PP, we gave up 5 goals. Markstrom was god awful.

This team has shown no ability since 22-23 that they have the ability to turn a bad streak around.

In fact, we have a losing streak of 3 games before we have had a winning streak of 3 games.
I think it's been a full calendar year since we have won 3 games in a row.

How was Luke and Pesce?
Luke had a two assist night. one with us, and one for the wings.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
There's where Keefe and the veterans have to step up for this core and tell them not to worry about it and shift by shift, Nico shrugged it off and scored late to tie. My worry would be more with Jack/Bratt tbh, you see them gripping their sticks more trying to play hero hockey when they're down or in a game they should be up 2-3 up by like tonight.
The core are literally veterans at this point.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Like you said, they should be fine if they play like this going forward.

We do need more saves though. PK has taken a step back too, need it to tighten back up.

Nico is playing next level though and Jack is starting to look like Jack again
And Bratt continues to just quietly put up the points and assists.

And what do they all have to show for it?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
There wasn't, but an unscreened wrister from half a county over is something you'd expect an NHL goalie to stop, even if it's Patrick Kane.

I never said Markstrom shouldn’t be blamed. All I’m saying is the idea the PK shouldn’t be blamed there is dumb. You can blame multiple things at once. That’s an instance where multiple things deserve blame.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I never said Markstrom shouldn’t be blamed. All I’m saying is the idea the PK shouldn’t be blamed there is dumb. You can blame multiple things at once. That’s an instance where multiple things deserve blame.
I wasn't insinuating it shouldn't take some blame either. That entire sequence from Mercer taking the penalty to the PK to Kane scoring was some Keystone Cops bullshit.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Really liked Jack’s game tonight. Also liked that effort on the EN goal. Liked that fire from him.

Overall, I’m happy with the effort from the skaters tonight. That’s the type of game they should play. They need to keep on getting into their groove. Go get 2 dubs before the Western Canada trip and go
from there.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Really liked Jack’s game tonight. Also liked that effort on the EN goal. Liked that fire from him.

Overall, I’m happy with the effort from the skaters tonight. That’s the type of game they should play. They need to keep on getting into their groove. Go get 2 dubs before the Western Canada trip and go
from there.
Im happy that youre happy. Tells me they were a little closer to the quality of games they were putting in during the 22-23 campaign

Hope they win tomorrow. Also missing it again due to a world series party lmao I only watched like two gms on tv and went to two losses at home. Brutal start for me :laugh:

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Nobody should be happy after these 10 games but, to be giving up on this team and season already sounds and is beyond f***ing ridiculous!
I asked a fellow Devils fans if they would trade our goaltending tandem for Cam Talbot and Alex Lyon and his reply was yes. Lol.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
1729835728487.gif

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad