Player Discussion Jake Evans (Part II)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I still believe he is a liability on this team.

We love overrating our Habs.

A liability would be someone who hurts the team, a good example would be Christian Dvorak.

Evans plays 3:30+ a game on the PK and hasn't let a PP goal be scored, has won over 50% of his faceoffs, has zero penalties and has probably been our most consistent forward at 5 on 5. Calling him a liability makes zero sense.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Really hope Jake Evans is brought back. I'd offer 2.5x3. He brings it every night, is reliable on the draw, and will only turn 29 next year.
Agreed.

But I think Evans has far more value on the open market than most here believe. This is no throw away player. But the development of Beck may make Evans expendable. It would not surprise me if, in as the TDL approaches, some playoff bound team makes Hughes an offer that he can’t refuse for this underrated player.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Agreed.

But I think Evans has far more value on the open market than most here believe. This is no throw away player. But the development of Beck may make Evans expendable. It would not surprise me if, in as the TDL approaches, some playoff bound team makes Hughes an offer that he can’t refuse for this underrated player.
What you think that offer be? A 2nd?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
What you think that offer be? A 2nd?
If its less than a second I keep Evans around. You can see that he’s turned into team leader. And there’s some tread left on this dedicated player.

Armia, Anderson, Gallagher and Dvorak will soon be flushed out of the team. One of the already youngest teams in the league needs some veteran presece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad