GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
This game reminds me a lot of some of the turning point games in past seasons, I've referenced a few of them.

And the way this transpired with those two quick goals, then the cherry on top with Markstrom giving the game away late.
It's game 10 in the year lol. I'm pretty down on them at the moment and even I'm like "ehhhh" about this being some kind of spiralling, season ending game for them. Realistically I think there are some positives to take away from this game.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
In the regular season sure it is. You dont get more points for beating 'better' teams.

not to mention they beat Washington who is 5-1

My god some of the standards people have around here is incredibly low. Sorry I don't care about making the playoffs off the backs beating up on mostly bad teams and getting killed by the good teams and then expecting that team to contend.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's game 10 in the year lol. I'm pretty down on them at the moment and even I'm like "ehhhh" about this being some kind of spiralling, season ending game for them. Realistically I think there are some positives to take away from this game.

Nico. That's it.

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
This isn't the game for that. They played well and got goalied.
Yeah most games they win this. Luke with the booboo and not getting more from Markstrom. Sucks but thought they looked better overall. Jack looks like he's getting back to pre shoulder injury. And Nico is just a gem. I don't think these d pairings will hold. They've gotta be easing Luke and Pesce into it. I hope Hamilton-Dillon changes. They're failing the eye test for sure.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
My god some of the standards people have around here is incredibly low. Sorry I don't care about making the playoffs off the backs beating up on mostly bad teams and getting killed by the good teams and then expecting that team to contend.

absurd take lol like, legitimately.

"beating up on mostly bad teams" dude its f***ing hockey. They play 82 games. This isnt football where they play 17 games.

my god.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Im focue
This game is won in OT at worst if Markstrom makes that save that every goalie needs to make.

Period. End of story for this game
I assume you mean the Kane goal.

I don't disagree, but Kane with an open look sneaking a goal through tight a spot is not some "can't happen" experience.

I mean sure "make the save" but it's not a crazy bad goal.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
This team played good tonight and I know they can play good.

But the thought of them playing teams like the Rangers, Oilers, Stars and Panthers soon frightens the shit out of me lol. Seems like we're so far away from teams like that still.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Imagine overthrowing the government/monarchy, but keeping the president/king.

That's what we did with Rogalski. That's an awfully strange hill for Fitz to die on.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The skaters are going to play closer to this most nights then how they looked the last two. They should be fine.

But if we get goaltending like this all year we aren't going to win.

The obvious saves need to be saved. Like it's not even a debatable point. If they didn't then goalies don't need to exist

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad