GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Markstrom has been ass.
Before I start to roast him too hard, I think the finger needs to be pointed at the overrated general manager, who decided that it was at least an acceptable idea to burn down ALL THINGS GOALTENDING, but leave the goalie coach who has been here the entire time with him in place.

And now, they both get to get fired together.

It's just a question of is that gonna be THIS year or in several years from now? Because if we're good this year, Rogalski will be back. If we're bad this year, Rogalski and Fitz are both gone. Unless Fitz really is a (mostly) figurehead GM.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Just not true. This was a similar defensive performance to last year. Great job limiting quantity. Really bad breakdowns when they rarely occurred
Only had one breakdown and it was Luke’s turnover

A softie ass rebound from a shot off the wall

Softie to end it and a terrible pk on the third

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
1729820987173.png

• Haha
Reactions: My3Sons and Deviled

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Didn't take long for the "goaltending sucks" crowd to show up. Tired of this shit. Shitty team, idc what the excuses are

5-4-1 now, still tons of games in hand on other teams in the division

Reactions: Hisch13r

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
we didn’t score a 5v5 goal tonight. i don’t want to hear about expected goals or anything like that.

how many goalies have we rotated through with rogalski and how have they all managed to completely suck ass? it’s not a coincidence

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Didn't take long for the "goaltending sucks" crowd to show up. Tired of this shit. Shitty team, idc what the excuses are

5-4-1 now, still tons of games in hand on other teams in the division
Truly remarkable that you’re even attempting to make this point. You should be forced to watch this game again right now and take notes. Manually track the scoring chances.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
absurd. Detroit did NOTHING all night.

Detroit had 48 CA TOTAL the entire game. 6 High danger. 5 goals.

who's fault is that?
One was an empty net. One was definitely on Luke. One was a beauty deflection.

Rebound goal was on Markstrom. Kane goal too probably, but I give some leeway on open looks, even from distance.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yup but unfortunately not going to play a broken down flu ridden bottom feeder the rest of the year. Decent stepping stone game. Need to see it against teams that matter now.

why do you say this shit? Every game matters. Winning in the NHL is hard no matter who you play. All the games count the same.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Not happy about Markstrom tonight, but I guess he kept other games much closer so it's a net zero on the season so far.

But I do think the foundation is there with this team. It just needs to gel. I like a lot, maybe even most things.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
what happened to that Ian Clark rumor -- get him for Markstrom and end this Rogalski experiment lol
At the very least they need to try out Manny Legace as the interim goalie coach for the remainder of the season.

Legace has experience as an NHL goalie coach. He was hired this offseason.

Will he fix things? Maybe not. Is Markstrom maybe just old and washed up? Could be.

But it's a gross injustice that Rogalski is allowed to stay. The last goalie coach didn't get this long and got better results.

Ian Clark is intriguing because I think he's been with Vancouver since Markstrom was there. It could be like bringing in Melanson (who should not have been fired in 2020) who was Cory's old goalie coach in Vancouver.

But I wonder if the Ian Clark stuff was BS. It's an easy rumor to start because everybody other than the New Jersey front office knows Rogalski shouldn't be goalie coach here no more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad