GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Devils are still a soft team unfortunately; they put their tails between their legs and wait until the game is out of hand to start getting chippy

Doesnt mean they should be taking bad penalties but.. the moment Larkin elbowed Cotter the Devils should have stepped up the physicality. They didnt. And so they were embarrassed in Detroit tonight

When Lucas Raymond is showing more heart than your team's 6'3" players, you know you have some issues to work through

Still not worried about the season but the Devils certainly have some soul-searching to do this season

Reactions: mdj12784

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
87uQ7Kj.gif

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
And there is the obligatory empty net goal against. Lot of season left but Sheldon Keefe now knows just what a challenge he has.

This looked an awful lot like the script we saw last year.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They deserved a better fate. Markstrom owes them one.

Did they? I dunno. It never felt comfortable and I didn't really feel like Markstrom was that bad. Last goal was soft as hell, but the game should have been way out of reach by them. Not leading that game by 3-4 at any point is the most inexcusable thing to me and it falls on everyone not named Nico Hischier as far as I'm concerned.

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Fitz will get fired after this year if we miss the playoffs. For giving up a first for Markstrom AND not firing Rogalski.

That's a no-brainer and he FAILED at that, which should have been his first move after last season ended.

The day the season ended Rogalski should have been fired.

Now, Fitz (probably) will get fired with him. Whenever that is.
We could have had way better goalies for a first round pick .... I blame Fitz and the scouts that were pumping his ass with this traffic cone

mdj12784

Sep 19, 2006
Sayreville, N.J
I never knew Marty was a comedian...

“The top five goalies currently in the NHL would be [Andrei] Vasilevskiy, [Igor] Shesterkin, [Ilya] Sorokin, Adin Hill,” Brodeur said. “For the fifth one… I’ll go with Markstrom.”

• Haha
Reactions: Dylan9z9

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Did they? I dunno. It never felt comfortable and I didn't really feel like Markstrom was that bad. Last goal was soft as hell, but the game should have been way out of reach by them. Not leading that game by 3-4 at any point is the most inexcusable thing to me and it falls on everyone not named Nico Hischier as far as I'm concerned.
Last goal was a bit soft, but I have no idea why PATRICK KANE is allowed so much space at the top of the slot.

Also, really looking forward to seeing the D with Luke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad