Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don't know who picked Craig Button to host Overdrive but this is almost unlistenable. Especially them on the Role Play Level of Concern Segment. No one explained to him how it works.

Just an absolutely brutal choice for 3 hours. Maybe a 15 minute guest hit but FFS this is awful.
I prefer Kyper and Bourne then switch to OD, but I had a hard job listening yesterday.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I don't know who picked Craig Button to host Overdrive but this is almost unlistenable. Especially them on the Role Play Level of Concern Segment. No one explained to him how it works.

Just an absolutely brutal choice for 3 hours. Maybe a 15 minute guest hit but FFS this is awful.
There are media guys who I like and who I dislike. But I can still listen to all of them.....except Craig Button. When I hear his voice it induces rage in me. I have to instantly turn the channel.

Reactions: Anthrax442

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It goes way beyond the gm job he didn't deserve.
Cool. I don't know the guy outside that and what I hear on the radio. Nor do I want to. He's just another voice of many that talks hockey and Leafs. Means nothing to me other than entertainment for a few minutes a week ;-)

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Hayes and O'Neill correctly asserted before the Blues game that all of the Toronto sports mood atm depends on the Leafs. I'm not fans but Raptors and FC are rebuilding, Jays won't be heard from for awhile. If the Boston game goes ugly things are going to feel grim quickly in town.

Yeah we're back to being a crappy sports town after a short window of competitiveness and optimism. Too bad. Leiweke put three MLSE teams on the right paths, two got Championships, and they've been mismanaged into the ground since. Everything Rogers touches turns to shit so of course the first guy to bring winning baseball back to this town gets canned and their preferred replacements Shatkins have squandered the Jays young core, not unlike the Leafs have.

Only the Argos are consistent as usual. Too bad only a handful of people in this town care about the CFL.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah we're back to being a crappy sports town after a short window of competitiveness and optimism. Too bad. Leiweke put three MLSE teams on the right paths, two got Championships, and they've been mismanaged into the ground since. Everything Rogers touches turns to shit so of course the first guy to bring winning baseball back to this town gets canned and their preferred replacements Shatkins have squandered the Jays young core, not unlike the Leafs have.

Only the Argos are consistent as usual. Too bad only a handful of people in this town care about the CFL.
Argos could honestly go out in the East Semi final and lose by 50, and I'd still have more respect in that franchise and faith. Even just ignore their championships in recent history, they just operate as a professional team should.

Just take 2017- 2019, they win it all in 2017, and then have an awful 2018 with a 4-14 record. Instead of saying "hey it's a bad year after a championship, we are sticking with it". They fire coach Marc Trestman a year after winning with him. Than in 2019, after another 4-14 season, they fire GM Jim Pop. That team refuses to accept losing. They made tough decisions and now as a result have a great management group and coaching staff.

Just last game after the Argos nearly blew a huge 4th quarter lead, McManis one of the leaders called the team out post game including himself. Basically calling it unacceptable, and saying that is not how you play defence.

It's basically the opposite of how the Leafs and Blue Jays are run.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad