Ivan Ivan scores first NHL goal

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
hIGOXxB.gif

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
What were his parents thinking? Or is this some patronymic translation type of thing where it doesn’t work in English like his father is named Ivan so his Russian name is Ivan Ivanovich?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Guy us had quite the journey to get here, hard not to be happy for him.

Clips with audio from avs broadcasts should really have disclaimers...yuck

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
What a name lol and awesome for him, congratulations

Is that his official name back home or some sort of shortened, North American version?

Edit: changed variant to version

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think every single NHLer should change their surname to be exactly as their given name.

And, maybe the opposite in some cases.

CatOTails

Jul 18, 2011
Latvia
What were his parents thinking? Or is this some patronymic translation type of thing where it doesn’t work in English like his father is named Ivan so his Russian name is Ivan Ivanovich?
Ivan is Czech. Although it's uncommon but they do have surnames that sound like names. For example, current Czech president is Peter (name) Pavel (surname).
I agree with you though, it requires some irony from parents to do it: let's add a little bit more challenge to our kids life. :D

Reactions: Gregor Samsa

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Ivan is Czech. Although it's uncommon but they do have surnames that sound like names. For example, current Czech president is Peter (name) Pavel (surname).
I agree with you though, it requires some irony from parents to do it: let's add a little bit more challenge to our kids life. :D
I went to school with someone named Mike Hunt. Wonder if he goes by Michael now

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Czech forward Ivan Ivan is the first player in NHL history with the same name and surname.

Czech forward Ivan Ivan is the first player in NHL history with the same name and surname, who scored a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad