Proposal: Your LHD for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Another thread is complete! Hero Charts for everyone! You got a chart, you get a chart and YOU get a charT!!!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
mZdlm03.png

Rebuttal? :laugh:

Gardiner really "blows Trouba out of the water" with that comparison. I'm perfectly fine saying Gardiner is a good defenseman and the Jets are for sure trading Trouba, then I'm fine if Gardiner is the return. I wasn't denying he had stats, I just won't let someone say they've got them without providing anything when trying to use that in an argument.

Also, who were Gardiner's d-partners for most of the year? Cause Trouba spent a majority of the year anchored down by one Mark Stuart.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Gardiner really "blows Trouba out of the water" with that comparison. I'm perfectly fine saying Gardiner is a good defenseman and the Jets are for sure trading Trouba, then I'm fine if Gardiner is the return. I wasn't denying he had stats, I just won't let someone say they've got them without providing anything when trying to use that in an argument.

Also, who were Gardiner's d-partners for most of the year? Cause Trouba spent a majority of the year anchored down by one Mark Stuart.

Polak, Corrado...yeah it wasnt pretty.
Gardiner usually gets to carry his d partner. Hopefully he gets paired with zaitsev, a guy that can actually play

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Another thread is complete! Hero Charts for everyone! You got a chart, you get a chart and YOU get a charT!!!

rule #1: Hero charts can't be used to break the bias of non leafs fans

nice to see Gardiner finally getting recognition that he is a legit top 3 dman. possesion and shot supression off the charts. he cut back on the boneheaded giveways a lot under babcock last year. #coaching

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Polak, Corrado...yeah it wasnt pretty.
Gardiner usually gets to carry his d partner. Hopefully he gets paired with zaitsev, a guy that can actually play

Ah okay, so similar situation. I wouldn't say that chart blows Trouba out of the water but it does reflect better on him than Trouba.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Zero interest in a 30 year old Edler as a return on a 22 year Trouba. Easy pass

I understand not wanting to give up youth and potential, but weighing out just talent............Edler>Trouba........but that only sets me up for my next offer, which is...............

Tanev + for Trouba and Winnipegs 20171st

The question for me is what is the plus?

Hansen? 2018 2nd? Etem? Jordan Subban? Nothing?

Personally, if I am Winnipeg, I take Tanev and Hansen for Trouba and 2017 1st and run!

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I understand not wanting to give up youth and potential, but weighing out just talent............Edler>Trouba........but that only sets me up for my next offer, which is...............

Tanev + for Trouba and Winnipegs 20171st

The question for me is what is the plus?

Hansen? 2018 2nd? Etem? Jordan Subban? Nothing?

Personally, if I am Winnipeg, I take Tanev and Hansen for Trouba and 2017 1st and run!

If Tanev was a LHD, I'd do a straight up deal, possibly even add a little. But a first on top of Trouba is horrible.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Ah okay, so similar situation. I wouldn't say that chart blows Trouba out of the water but it does reflect better on him than Trouba.

They kinda do blow him out of the water when you consider everyone in this thread is saying Trouba >>>> Gardiner. I guess he's better at putting more shots on net, thats why hes better I guess.

I offered Gardiner + 2nd + Loov for Trouba earlier in the thread, not insulting him at all. It is a fact that Jake Gardiner is a better NHL defenseman than Jacob Trouba, I am willing to overpay for the potential Trouba possesses and his right handed shot.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What do you mean friend

First off, Fleury is an absolute no go for the same reason you want to trade him. Secondly, we give up two better pieces in Dano and Trouba for Määttä and Kuhnhackl. And obviously, we are taking on cap here, which we won't do. Just doesn't make any sense.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
First off, Fleury is an absolute no go for the same reason you want to trade him. Secondly, we give up two better pieces in Dano and Trouba for Määttä and Kuhnhackl. And obviously, we are taking on cap here, which we won't do. Just doesn't make any sense.

See, this is confusing to me. The whole reason I 'wanted to trade him' aka put him in this hypothetical deal was to *offset* the disparities of Trouba/Dano vs the Pens pieces. So I don't think I know what you have in mind about what I have in mind when I'm wanting to trade Marc Andre Fleury.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
From the Leafs, I would be willing to offer up Gardiner + Valiev + 2nd round pick. I'd go as far as swapping Valiev and the 2nd for a lotto protected 1st if need be.

Would love a top pairing of Rielly - Trouba for the next 10 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad