Proposal: Your LHD for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
A #1D for a #3 that will want to be paid MORE than McDonagh, but has McDonagh upside + a guy who projects to be, what, at his peak, Geoff Sanderson? Doesn't seem crazy.

Connor's NCAA comparables are Martin St. Louis and Paul Kariya. Don't act like he's just a throw in on a deal lol

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Connor's NCAA comparables are Martin St. Louis and Paul Kariya. Don't act like he's just a throw in on a deal lol

Yep. The only players recently to produce like Connor's freshmen year were Eichel and Gaudreau and in the case of Johnny Hockey, it was his 3rd season IIRC

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
People just don't know Winnipeg's players. It's like they're assumed to be bad because we got them or something

Connor was a steal. Boston hooked it up

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I guess you guys don't know who Geoff Sanderson is?

Edit: and comparing 100 point Kariya with 70 point Connor matches well with you screen name. One scored at almost 3 points per game, and the other almost 2 points a game.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I guess you guys don't know who Geoff Sanderson is?

Edit: and comparing 100 point Kariya with 70 point Connor matches well with you screen name. One scored at almost 3 points per game, and the other almost 2 points a game.

You don't think 2.56 ppg in '92 (the highest scoring year in hockey ever) is similar to 1.78 in 2015?

I used those comparables because they are the players that have beaten or marched Connor's 1.78 PPG as a u19 year old

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
A #1D for a #3 that will want to be paid MORE than McDonagh, but has McDonagh upside + a guy who projects to be, what, at his peak, Geoff Sanderson? Doesn't seem crazy.

It is. McD has three years left until UFA...Trouba is a lot younger and cost controlled for longer. The difference between the two isn't Kyle Connor.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
No it's not. Brodie is the most valuable player on the Flames. Brodie is already an elite dman, Trouba "could" be that someday.

Oh no question. Dude is a beast. I'm just saying the difference between the two at this point in time is not the difference between Laine and Shinkaruk...because that's a really big difference.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Oh no question. Dude is a beast. I'm just saying the difference between the two at this point in time is not the difference between Laine and Shinkaruk...because that's a really big difference.

Perhaps, but I think it would need to be something like that for the Flames to move Brodie. Maybe in real life Connor instead of Laine would be closer in value.

Classic16

Sep 4, 2016
Charot Buff
Enstrom Myers
Klefbom Postma

Paul Maurice likes his defense balanced why trouba was on the 3rd to balance stuart.
Klefbom will fill this role and move postma up to the right and drop stuart to 7th dman.

For Edmonton this helps even out the d, as larsson isnt a 1st d pairing
Sekera Trouba
Davidson Larsson
Nurse Reinhart
Fayne.
Also allows there young 3rd pairing to develop with reduced minutes and a much stronger top 4.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No it's not. Brodie is the most valuable player on the Flames. Brodie is already an elite dman, Trouba "could" be that someday.

Yes, it is. Laine is in another stratosphere than Shinkaruk in value and potential. Trouba is closer to Brodie than you appear to think.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yes, it is. Laine is in another stratosphere than Shinkaruk in value and potential. Trouba is closer to Brodie than you appear to think.

Laine has also never played an NHL game, so while he's going to be good, no one knows how good. I'd also argue, Trouba is nowhere near Brodie in value right now. There's about 10 dman in the entire league I'd deal Brodie for. I'd probably take about 40 dman over Trouba. I value Brodie higher than Gaudreau, so that should tell you how I feel about Brodie. He's on par to Josi IMO.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Laine has also never played an NHL game, so while he's going to be good, no one knows how good. I'd also argue, Trouba is nowhere near Brodie in value right now. There's about 10 dman in the entire league I'd deal Brodie for. I'd probably take about 40 dman over Trouba. I value Brodie higher than Gaudreau, so that should tell you how I feel about Brodie. He's on par to Josi IMO.

That's just how you value him. Doesn't mean that the two aren't close in value.

Randal61

Jan 12, 2014

Ha Ha

Classic16

Sep 4, 2016
Would have to be a fairly significant add from the Oilers for that.

Klefbom is signed long term and the same age. He was a top dman till he got injured. Yes he unproven but really either is Trouba. Trouba wants huge money and most likely wants out of winnipeg. Its hard to say how good trouba really is as hes played with stu.

Last edited:

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
when are you guys going to stop trying to GED RID of Trouba and just re sign the clown. How many threads do you need?

Classic16

Sep 4, 2016
when are you guys going to stop trying to GED RID of Trouba and just re sign the clown. How many threads do you need?

Alot wont happen till after the world cup. Teams want to see how the compare to the best before signing or trading

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That's just how you value him. Doesn't mean that the two aren't close in value.

No, value is relative to the team. Every single comment from Treliving and Burke supports that they view him as an elite dman. There is literally zero chance he's available for anything short of a huge return. I know a lot of Flames posters that would refuse that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad