Proposal: Your LHD for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It is. McD has three years left until UFA...Trouba is a lot younger and cost controlled for longer. The difference between the two isn't Kyle Connor.

Trouba's "cost controlled" is going to be for more money than McD. For a lesser player. The difference in value probably isn't KC, but its not a crazy offer, either.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Trouba's "cost controlled" is going to be for more money than McD. For a lesser player. The difference in value probably isn't KC, but its not a crazy offer, either.

Yes. It is. McD is going to sign a new contract in three years that's probably going to be in between 7-8 million, while Trouba will still be making 5.5 or less for the next six years. Meanwhile Trouba is younger and almost as good of a player.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yes. It is. McD is going to sign a new contract in three years that's probably going to be in between 7-8 million, while Trouba will still be making 5.5 or less for the next six years. Meanwhile Trouba is younger and almost as good of a player.

Or Trouba is making 3-4 for the next 2, and 7-8 after that.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
when are you guys going to stop trying to GED RID of Trouba and just re sign the clown. How many threads do you need?

The vast majority of Jets fans want Trouba signed long term. There's been hundreds of trade threads posted and I would say the majority of those were started by fans of others teams. Trouba has publicly stated he wants a long term deal in Winnipeg. He's just letting is agent grind it out with management. We'll have to wait until after the World Cup to see resolution to this (I think). Which means only a few more dozen trade threads.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Or Trouba is making 3-4 for the next 2, and 7-8 after that.

But if that's the case then it means Trouba proved his value as a top pairing Dman over his bridge contract and the Jets are laughing because Myers and Enstrom's money will be off or coming off the books within a year of that time.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Laine has also never played an NHL game, so while he's going to be good, no one knows how good. I'd also argue, Trouba is nowhere near Brodie in value right now. There's about 10 dman in the entire league I'd deal Brodie for. I'd probably take about 40 dman over Trouba. I value Brodie higher than Gaudreau, so that should tell you how I feel about Brodie. He's on par to Josi IMO.

[mod]

Asking for Trouba AND Laine? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
Sekera and 1st?
Nurse and 2nd?
Reinhart and 1st and 2nd?

Am I even close? Lmao I'll be he first to admit I don't watch much of him

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Sekera and 1st?
Nurse and 2nd?
Reinhart and 1st and 2nd?

Am I even close? Lmao I'll be he first to admit I don't watch much of him

None are remotely close.

The closest for value is Klefbom. I'd want a + on top of him too.

If that's not possible, then I move on to a different team that can match the Jets needs better.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
None are remotely close.

The closest for value is Klefbom. I'd want a + on top of him too.

If that's not possible, then I move on to a different team that can match the Jets needs better.

I'd prefer Klefbom and his 4 million cap hit for the next 7 years. I have a feeling after this year Klefbom's deal might look like one of the best in the NHL.

What about a three way deal with Fowler heading to the Peg and Trouba to EDM?

To WPG: Fowler, Reinhart, pick/prospect

To Ana: Yakupov/Pouliot and Oilers 1st

To EDM: Trouba

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I'd prefer Klefbom and his 4 million cap hit for the next 7 years. I have a feeling after this year Klefbom's deal might look like one of the best in the NHL.

Disgusting!

Ducksgo*

So we get the crap end of the stick here? Absolutely horrible. You should be ashamed of the post. So we are dumping Fowler for a bust in Yakupov and a Oilers first that neither helps us right now? Cmon man

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
So we get the crap end of the stick here? Absolutely horrible. You should be ashamed of the post. So we are dumping Fowler for a bust in Yakupov and a Oilers first that neither helps us right now? Cmon man
Don't you guys need cap space like crazy? The ducks are gonna probably have to make a move the fans don't like unless they can dump some of the overpaid players other teams don't want somehow.

Unless lindholm signs a bridge I guess.

Ducksgo*

Don't you guys need cap space like crazy? The ducks are gonna probably have to make a move the fans don't like unless they can dump some of the overpaid players other teams don't want somehow.

Unless lindholm signs a bridge I guess.

Even with the cap trouble we don't deserve to take on the worst part of the trade with Fowler being shipped off. Yakupov is a project and borderline bust at this point, and the oilers first does nothing for us until next season.

Both EDM and Win make off like bandits while Ducks get screwed hard

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Even with the cap trouble we don't deserve to take on the worst part of the trade with Fowler being shipped off. Yakupov is a project and borderline bust at this point, and the oilers first does nothing for us until next season.

Both EDM and Win make off like bandits while Ducks get screwed hard

It'l be curious to see what the ducks do to deal with the cap. Even more so if they have to deal with the lower internal cap you guys have most years and can't go to the actual cap ceiling.

You might have to trade someone decent for futures.

Or your own good prospects paired with bad players to offload cap hits.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Pass no interest in either Fowler or Reinhart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad