Proposal: Your LHD for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Why do you think he wouldnt be interested in Gardiner? Seems like the best realistic LHD target for them to acquire.

Just don't Gardiner and Trouba's numbers are similar. But if you want the best young D-man in Trouba out of Winnipeg then you've to give up your best D asset and that's Morgan Rielly period losing Trouba and gaining Gardiner isn't much of an advantage for losing Trouba..

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
ANA: Rights to Trouba + Lowry

WPG: Rights to Lindholm + Stoner (capdump)

Nope. Not even to dump cap. Much as I love Trouba, he's gonna ask Anaheim for more than he's worth and I'd rather the Ducks just overpay for Hampus and find a different way to move Stoner.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
From Mtl :

Beaulieu (top 4 LHD, same age group)
2017 1st
choice of Andrighetto, Reway, Hudon.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Krug+ fits the demands of the trade, but I'm not sure what WPG does with Enstrom if they explore that move, and I'm not sure what the + would be. Not to mention he just resigned with Boston for 4 years, so there's virtually no chance they move him.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
So I would assume then that guys like Lindholm, Gaudreau, and Ristolainen have all seen their value drop as well?

I would assume so too, if any of those players were being shopped as Trouba has been lately.

Have you seen a lot of threads actively talking about moving those players? I haven't.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
You should start by having realistic demands.

Or, you could realize that we have no demands for him as we don't want to trade him. If you want him, you'd have to offer us something that would be hard to refuse. A downgrade on D for the Jets isn't any incentive at all.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Can we just accept that if HFBoards was in charge, Trouba would never get traded. Jets fans seem to think he's some kind of demi-god, when he's far from even being a top pairing d-man.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Would it make sense to have a Hamonic discussion if Trouba doesn't want to sign in Winnipeg? (Assuming Hamonic still is interested to be closer to home)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Can we just accept that if HFBoards was in charge, Trouba would never get traded. Jets fans seem to think he's some kind of demi-god, when he's far from even being a top pairing d-man.

Seems to be a theme of them laughing at Leaf fans over valuing their players, yet every one of their young players >> every other teams :laugh:

I hope he does get traded. The value difference will be hilarious and it will be fun watching their reaction.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Seems to be a theme of them laughing at Leaf fans over valuing their players, yet every one of their young players >> every other teams :laugh:

I hope he does get traded. The value difference will be hilarious and it will be fun watching their reaction.

We heard the same about Kane 10000000000 times and we were more than happy with the return.

People seem to forget that we hold all the cards.

Edit: I'll try and be nice and remove that

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

I'm a Jets fan and I don't think he's a demi-god, nor a top-pairing d-man yet but I don't think he's as far away as you think he is. He fits well playing and learning with Byfuglien playing his off side for us on the top pairing. Also, thanks for lumping every poster of a certain fandom into the same train of thought.

Do you realize why some Jets fans want a ransom for him? Because there's no reason to trade him. He's a good young player who keeps getting better every season with us (by all means, look strictly at hockeydb and tell me he's regressing because he isn't scoring 40 points a season yet) and he isn't eligible for arbitration or offer sheets yet. There's no reason to trade him yet. In this case, any GM trying to trade for Trouba is trying to buy him. Chevy isn't running door to door going "please take him off my hands!"

See above. Also I don't get why posts like this aren't deleted for baiting into flame wars.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Lindholm >>> Trouba. EZ pass.

Been through this before. How do you even justify one > when Trouba's CF% over the last two years is only slightly worse than Lindholm's, and his regular playing partner is the team's biggest anchor, Mark Stuart.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...nse&minutes=1000&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

I've heard it said that Lindholm plays against tougher opponents, but they have similar OppCF% so that isn't the case. I've heard it said that there's a big difference in offensive vs defensive zone faceoffs, but both have similar numbers there. So tell me again, how do you get >>>?

At #15 & #32 among D-men in the league, they are both very good young D-men & you'd be hard pressed to call one > than the other.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I honestly think Gardiner for him is a fair offer. Both #3D, one is a smooth skating PMD, the other a solid defensive D. Fits a need for the Jets, for the leafs it sucks to lose Gardiner, especially after his last year where he looked like top pairing D at times, but we have the LD depth to replace him.

Edit: Plus his contract favors the Jets after Trouba gets at least 2M more... Not sure I do it thinking it over now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad