Proposal: Your LHD for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Rangers would be very very happy with that trade. Jets.......not so much. There is a yuuggee difference between the skill level of those two players.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think its most likely that Trouba will not get traded, and if he is traded I think it will be for like a Hampus Lindholm, Jonas Brodin or someone like that.

I was thinking the other day what NYRs best offer might be just for fun.

I came up with this:
Marc Staal at 50% (2.85m) retained for 5 years
Chris Kreider
1st in 2017

for

Jacob Trouba

Haha, many at HF boards will tear this apart because they think that Marc Staal suck and lump him together with Dan Girardi. Facts are that Marc Staal has not regressed one bit, he shared a left side with Ryan McD and Keith Yandle the last two years and has played solid hockey. He has been the No 1 D for teams that has made the POs and won PO series in this league, he is only 29 and don't have a ton of miles on him, he is tremendously experienced, not that many players in this league has played more PO hockey then him.

With that said, its hard to move salary right now in this league, and at 5.75m per for 5 years, Marc Staal might not even be trade-able. But, with 50% retained, at 2.85m per locked up for another 5 years -- he would definitely be very valuable for the 'Pegs or any team in this league, no doubt. Some kids won't see it, but he definitely would. Staal proved as late as late last season that he still can lead a defense and play rock solid hockey when McD was injured.

Chris Kreider would be a perfect for Winnipeg. He is locked up long term on a good contract. Tremendous character and worth ethic. Natural replacement for Andrew Ladd. Tons of PO experience. With Scheifele, Kreider, Wheeler and Laine Winnipeg would be down right scary up front. Some real force of nature players.

The 1st next summer could also have quite a lot of value.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Per all of the trade threads involving Trouba over the summer, it appears that the LHD that we would seek in return are not available. Even though we have the assets to get it done, I don't see a scenario at this time in which we find an equal and or upgrade on Trouba for the left side.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I think its most likely that Trouba will not get traded, and if he is traded I think it will be for like a Hampus Lindholm, Jonas Brodin or someone like that.

I was thinking the other day what NYRs best offer might be just for fun.

I came up with this:
Marc Staal at 50% (2.85m) retained for 5 years
Chris Kreider
1st in 2017

for

Jacob Trouba

Haha, many at HF boards will tear this apart because they think that Marc Staal suck and lump him together with Dan Girardi. Facts are that Marc Staal has not regressed one bit, he shared a left side with Ryan McD and Keith Yandle the last two years and has played solid hockey. He has been the No 1 D for teams that has made the POs and won PO series in this league, he is only 29 and don't have a ton of miles on him, he is tremendously experienced, not that many players in this league has played more PO hockey then him.

With that said, its hard to move salary right now in this league, and at 5.75m per for 5 years, Marc Staal might not even be trade-able. But, with 50% retained, at 2.85m per locked up for another 5 years -- he would definitely be very valuable for the 'Pegs or any team in this league, no doubt. Some kids won't see it, but he definitely would. Staal proved as late as late last season that he still can lead a defense and play rock solid hockey when McD was injured.

Chris Kreider would be a perfect for Winnipeg. He is locked up long term on a good contract. Tremendous character and worth ethic. Natural replacement for Andrew Ladd. Tons of PO experience. With Scheifele, Kreider, Wheeler and Laine Winnipeg would be down right scary up front. Some real force of nature players.

The 1st next summer could also have quite a lot of value.

McDonagh or bust. No need for any kind of forwards or overpaid, old players.

Brady Skei of the Rangers , for Trouba

See above.

I'd give you Edler + Gudbranson for Stuart + Trouba. Your D would then be very good. Something like this interest you as a base? We would add if necessary and you can throw cap dumps back at us to make it work.

One of the better ones, but Edler is way too old. Pass.

Mark Methot + 2017 1st.

...nope.

What you don't understand is that we don't want to trade Trouba. We need A DIRECT REPLACEMENT back, no matter if it makes sense for you or not, because trading Trouba sure as hell doesn't make sense for us. Also, we are not adding cap (unless the player coming back is a bonafide 1D). You want to use Trouba's contract demands as a reason to lowball, then you should also consider the amount of salary coming back. OK, a short term cap dump is reasonable, but if you think you can shift your problematic contracts to us and get Trouba, think again.

If you get offended by this post, it's fine. That's just the reality of trading for an untouchable player.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
:nucks
Jacob Trouba
Kyle Connor

:jets
Alexander Edler
Jannik Hansen
2nd 2017
3rd 2018

This isn't EA Sports NHL :shakehead. Absolutely horrible, I can only assume you did this on purpose to derail the thread? I wouldn't trade Trouba or Connor individually straight up for that package. Do your own rebuild.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
For conversations sake would Ben Hutton straight across or with small plus be of interest?

I know we Have Tanev and Goober on the right side but with Edlers NM clause Tanev could be moved to bring in another fwd and Trouba could replace Tanev and in a couple years Juolevi could be in our top 4 to replace Hutton in a perfect world that is.

No, Hutton is not even close to Trouba in terms of value. He would require significant + (s)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
For conversations sake would Ben Hutton straight across or with small plus be of interest?

I know we Have Tanev and Goober on the right side but with Edlers NM clause Tanev could be moved to bring in another fwd and Trouba could replace Tanev and in a couple years Juolevi could be in our top 4 to replace Hutton in a perfect world that is.

After googling to see who Hutton is......no thx easy pass.

mytduxfan*

Acceptable ones: comparable age wise (max 23) AND comparable talent wise (a very good 3D or better). Don't bother offering anything else.

Totally unrealistic. Basically, "we want to swap our guy who we can't sign for your guy who is already signed and suffer no loss in current ability or potential". Good luck with that :shakehead

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Since this is pretend land, let's pretend troubas signed at 5.25 for 6 years.

What would the return be there? I'm assuming if a trade actually happened the team acquiring would have some sort of assurance that they can sign trouba.

Again, this is totally make believe so it really doesn't matter. Pretending he has a contract is just as valid as pretending we have any idea how the acquiring gm values an unsigned but rights protected for four years player.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Totally unrealistic. Basically, "we want to swap our guy who we can't sign for your guy who is already signed and suffer no loss in current ability or potential". Good luck with that :shakehead

Pretty much this.

If Trouba is unsigned because the Jets don't like his numbers, there is no way they will get full value for him in an equivalent LHD, they need to take some sort of hit.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Mark Methot + 2017 1st.

Even if the Jets agreed to this, this would have to happen after the expansion draft. The Sens have to protect Phaneuf (NMC), obviously we are protecting Karlsson and Ceci. If we made this trade prior to the expansion draft, we'd likely be losing one of Trouba or Ceci, whichever one we had to leave exposed.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pretty much this.

If Trouba is unsigned because the Jets don't like his numbers, there is no way they will get full value for him in an equivalent LHD, they need to take some sort of hit.

...which is exactly why Jets fan continuously show no interest in any trade offer for him. Is it so hard to understand? You're buying, so you either pay up or leave empty handed.

buttman*

Pretty much this.

That's the real value of Trouba. Someone will overpay just because RHD are a big need on many teams. Posters will equate this with him being the best young D ever. It's much like Larsson to Edmonton -- big hole to fill -- doesn't make Larsson worth that. It's just what the market dictacted.

I would say Reilly > Trouba based on contract and recent play. Dare I say Trouba = Larsson, but let's see if there is a dumb enough GM out there to make that mistake again.

The young Coyotes GM seems willing and eager to overpay for Dmen. You'd have to think it will be his young prospects The Peg covets but they may want an NHL ready Dman as well. Jakob Chychrun seems almost a carbon copy of Trouba.

mytduxfan*

...which is exactly why Jets fan continuously show no interest in any trade offer for him. Is it so hard to understand? You're buying, so you either pay up or leave empty handed.

The OP is a Jets fan. No one is asking for Trouba in this thread, he's being offered for LHD option.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
McDonagh or bust. No need for any kind of forwards or overpaid, old players.

Nah I don't buy that.

It's one thing that Winnipeg isn't desperate to find a future goto scorer now hat they have Laine, but a lot of improvements can still be made up front. I also don't for a second believe that Winnipeg wouldn't be interested in veteran defenders. By all accounts they are trying to build a contender within the coming 5 years, experience will be needed. It's far from easy to even get into the top 8 in the West. With that said, not many are willing to pay to take on a lot of term nowadays. But that is another issue. Getting a very solid D in his prime tied up for 2.85m per would be a dream for most GMs to be honest.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Nah I don't buy that.

It's one thing that Winnipeg isn't desperate to find a future goto scorer now hat they have Laine, but a lot of improvements can still be made up front. I also don't for a second believe that Winnipeg wouldn't be interested in veteran defenders. By all accounts they are trying to build a contender within the coming 5 years, experience will be needed. It's far from easy to even get into the top 8 in the West. With that said, not many are willing to pay to take on a lot of term nowadays. But that is another issue. Getting a very solid D in his prime tied up for 2.85m per would be a dream for most GMs to be honest.

You say "a very solid D" but every time I see a Rangers fan posting about Staal, it's with complete and utter disdain for him.

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
I know it has been talked over and over again but what you are asking for is more or less Nurse plus a pick and before anyone says anything, no jets fans would agree to it and not many Oilers fans either.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Because of the contract situation, Trouba is worth less. What GM wants to trade for a potential problem? Value right now is probably a Brodin, due to his contract situation ( locked up at 4M) vs. Trouba's. Not saying that a trade would happen...the opposite, really. If the Wild trade for anyone it won't be a Dman.

A RD starved team that has plenty of cap space and a surfeit of LD is what you are looking for...kinda narrows the field. I'm sure and EDM or TO would love him, but all they have to offer are draft picks and forwards.

Toggel

Feb 26, 2015
What is WPGs case looking for expansion protection? Are they going to have to expose a good D/F with their current Roster?

I ask because Nurse is expansion exempt. Thus I think the best deal between WPG and EDM is around Trouba and Nurse. I think edmonton has to add some decent value but it isn't RNH/Kbom.

What else would WPG be interested in? I think Friendman said a roster D + Prospect + Pick

I would go Nurse + Letestu+ 2017 1st lottery win protected or Nurse + Yak + Letestu or Nurse + Letestu + Prospect (anyone not named PoolParty) + 2018 2nd since we have to give our 2017 up.

I Include Letestu in these proposals to try and even out some salary. I am not sure what else would work since WPG doesn't seem interested in Sekera even though I think he would be a perfect 2/3 LHD to play with Buf or Myers. I think Sekera is the better D right now if you want to win sooner than later. At 30 I wouldn't expect him to fall off a cliff any time soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad