Proposal: Your LHD for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If the Rangers are committed to a retool, I could see something like McDonagh + Zuccarello + ? For Trouba + Enstrom + ?

Trouba + Enstrom is a no go, even with those two coming back. We can't lose a top 4 guy.

Toggel

Feb 26, 2015
I think that should have read Reinhart + 2nd isn't close.

Reinhart + 2nd +Sekera is the offer, I replaced 2017 1st with Reinhart and a 2nd.

Sekera +2017 1st

Sekera +Reinhart + 2nd

Nurse + Pouliot (with a cheap WPG F coming back)

WPG need as I see it is a top 4 LHD to balance out the back end so I include Sekera or Nurse. Klefbom is a non-starter, I think he has the highest ceiling of any Oilers D.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Reinhart + 2nd +Sekera is the offer, I replaced 2017 1st with Reinhart and a 2nd.

Sekera +2017 1st

Sekera +Reinhart + 2nd

WPG need as I see it is a top 4 LHD to balance out the back end so I include Sekera or Nurse. Klefbom is a non-starter, I think he has the highest ceiling of any Oilers D.

Okay, that clears it up a bit. However, none of those offers are close.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I do not want Andrej Sekera on his current deal. He's a quality D-man, but I don't love his game. Griffin Reinhart is a player I currently have a very low projection for. As such, unless Reinhart was availble for a 4th rounder or later, I wouldn't take him, and at that rate he holds negligible value in trade for me.

I would be happy doing business with the Oilers, but it would need to be Klefbom moving this way. Or Nurse and a considerable plus. I'd be happy to see Chevy add a noteable piece to Trouba if Chiarelli would consider moving Nurse and Nugent-Hopkins as a package.

*Klefbom and Nugent-Hopkins are the assets I would target from Edmonton. The Jets do not need draft picks as the time horizon on their value is too delayed for what we are trying to do (barring elite picks, but those aren't in play, so...). The Jets cannot work something concrete around Trouba and RNH as we need a LHD. I would however be willing to see us downgrade big on D, from Trouba to Nurse, if we could get Nugent Hopkins to roll a three-headed monster at centre of Scheifele, Little and RNH.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
I do not want Andrej Sekera on his current deal. He's a quality D-man, but I don't love his game. Griffin Reinhart is a player I currently have a very low projection for. As such, unless Reinhart was availble for a 4th rounder or later, I wouldn't take him, and at that rate he holds negligible value in trade for me.

I would be happy doing business with the Oilers, but it would need to be Klefbom moving this way. Or Nurse and a considerable plus. I'd be happy to see Chevy add a noteable piece to Trouba if Chiarelli would consider moving Nurse and Nugent-Hopkins as a package.

*Klefbom and Nugent-Hopkins are the assets I would target from Edmonton. The Jets do not need draft picks as the time horizon on their value is too delayed for what we are trying to do (barring elite picks, but those aren't in play, so...). The Jets cannot work something concrete around Trouba and RNH as we need a LHD. I would however be willing to see us downgrade big on D, from Trouba to Nurse, if we could get Nugent Hopkins to roll a three-headed monster at centre of Scheifele, Little and RNH.

the difference between Trouba and Nurse is not RNH.

and Scheifele, Little, RNH is hardly a three headed monster. Especially when you're talking about a 17m price tag

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

man if Reinhart is worth a 4th rounder I'm dying to hear what Morrisey is worth

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Sekera +2017 1st

Sekera +Reinhart + 2nd

None of those offers are close. If Klefbom is off the table the Oilers are not good trade partners for the Jets.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I doubt RNH suits the Jets needs as much as getting Sekera. The Jets will be likely scoring plenty either way, it's just the hope that they don't hemorrhage goals against while they wait for Nurse to mature.

Maybe something like:

Trouba + Strait + Lowry

for

Nurse + Sekera + Letestu

*I'm a neutral fan so you'll have to excuse my ignorance here.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I doubt RNH suits the Jets needs as much as getting Sekera. The Jets will be likely scoring plenty either way, it's just the hope that they don't hemorrhage goals against while they wait for Nurse to mature.

Maybe something like:

Trouba + Strait + Lowry

for

Nurse + Sekera + Letestu

*I'm a neutral fan so you'll have to excuse my ignorance here.

Sekera is way too old to be a centerpiece for the deal. We need a young top pairing guy back, not old.

We are dealing from a position in which we need more young quality, so the premise of trading Trouba in the first place is ridiculous. Most people don't understand how old our defense actually is. We need a direct replacement, both quality wise and age wise. If that's overrating him, then we will gladly keep our overrated guy.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
For conversations sake would Ben Hutton straight across or with small plus be of interest?

I know we Have Tanev and Goober on the right side but with Edlers NM clause Tanev could be moved to bring in another fwd and Trouba could replace Tanev and in a couple years Juolevi could be in our top 4 to replace Hutton in a perfect world that is.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
For conversations sake would Ben Hutton straight across or with small plus be of interest?

I know we Have Tanev and Goober on the right side but with Edlers NM clause Tanev could be moved to bring in another fwd and Trouba could replace Tanev and in a couple years Juolevi could be in our top 4 to replace Hutton in a perfect world that is.

He isn't. A LHD Tanev would work, but he isn't, so there's nothing to do between us.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Acceptable ones: comparable age wise (max 23) AND comparable talent wise (a very good 3D or better). Don't bother offering anything else.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Acceptable ones: comparable age wise (max 23) AND comparable talent wise (a very good 3D or better). Don't bother offering anything else.

so basically the LHD equivalent who already has a deal in place?

good luck

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

That would make tons of sense for the other side. :laugh:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I'd give you Edler + Gudbranson for Stuart + Trouba. Your D would then be very good. Something like this interest you as a base? We would add if necessary and you can throw cap dumps back at us to make it work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad