Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Blake must gone through several emotions from excitement at overpaying Dubois to great disappointment and Buyers remorse to good riddance and relief

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Just in case anyone needed evidence of just how big a knucklehead Rob Blake is, effectively this moron traded Vilardi, Iafalo, Kupari, Dubois and this year’s King’s second round pick for Darcy Kuemper.

For those who say that goalies don’t have that kind of return value, Blake says “Hold my beer…”

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Making big moves without any plans ahead is very Bergevinesque

What's funny about that is I could understand it if it were small market teams that need butts in seats.

There's 0 excuse to bring a big name into MTL or LAK just to generate hype, so none of this really makes sense other than Blake obviously thought they would be elite down the middle with PLD. I think his year would have been forgiven if he was adored in the room; I don't see this trade happening if he was truly loved in the room. They would've given him at least another crack at it. This smells more like his contract sucks, his teammates either dislike him or are impartial and an opportunity presented itself to trade for a less horrible contract for a position player of need

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I think Ovechkin will be taking out the trash by the end of training camp ...

aunty-donna.gif

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Just in case anyone needed evidence of just how big a knucklehead Rob Blake is, effectively this moron traded Vilardi, Iafalo, Kupari, Dubois and this year’s King’s second round pick for Darcy Kuemper.

For those who say that goalies don’t have that kind of return value, Blake says “Hold my beer…”
Well, this is not entirely true,
it's Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari and 2nd for Darcy Kuemper

Oh god....... this sounds even worse after typing it out.

• Haha
Reactions: CanMerc

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Good on the kings for having the balls to get out of a bad situation,
Bad on the kings for trading for him and giving him a terrible contract.

I have no clue what the capitals are doing.

Capitals just want to get Ovechkin past Gretzky's goal record. They'll avoid a rebuild in order to do so. This somewhat helps I guess?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Can you imagine any team ever CELEBRATING acquiring a 34 year old retread goalie coming off of a bad run while having three years left at a $5.25 million cap hit?

That's what my fellow Kings fans have been doing all day. It's like having a party to celebrate a manslaughter plea deal instead of rolling the dice on a jury verdict. Nobody won shit today, and the worst GM in team history keeps having to shave egg off his face to make room for the next helping.

Which will be in about two weeks when he overspends on Toffoli, or God forbid the Dubois-esque Mantha and somehow manages to ADD to the cap for worse goaltending and a player who will most likely be outproduced by Dubois next year.

And I say this being a goddam, card-carrying Dubois hater.

It just sucks all around.

I would phrase it different...

How incredible bad was the situation, that a transfer like that is celebrated by the fans.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
PLD will get 70pts easily in Washington as he will be their #1C and will be on the #1 PP unit. Im sure Pierre is happy to hear the news as I know he was a miserable player playing on the Kings 4th line for the last half of last year. And rumour was, he was not liked by the rest of the players in the Kings locker room.

The big question is, will he be happy long term in Washington? How long before he quits on another team and demands another trade?

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Well, this is not entirely true,
it's Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari and 2nd for Darcy Kuemper

Oh god....... this sounds even worse after typing it out.
Actually it is entirely true. But, any way you slice it, it is unfreakin believable Blake screwed this whole thing up so badly.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
I'm hearing that Ovie has switched to 88 in order to let PLD have #8. Very cool / respectful of him

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

lol PLD had negative value

Kuemper return was negative

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Props to Blake for having the balls to make this move and effectively full blown admit you f***ed up, not that it's any consolation to that atrocious trade with WPG
Um, excuse me, but that WPG trade was not atrocious….wait, you mean from an LA Kings perspective, because from a Jets perspective it was gooooood :D:D:D

gvineq

Feb 6, 2023
What amazes me is PLD played 5 playoff games and had multiple games with no shots on goal. His fans blamed everything from his linemates to the system and everything else in between. I can't think of a bigger F-You to Blake, Robitaille and everyone else within the organization who brought him in, paid him $8.5 million and gave him a NTC as well as told him he was a cornerstone of the organization, Kopitar's eventual replacement.

Even now Blake is trying to blame the organization not doing enough to help PLD succeed. Homeboy was checked out before his bags were unpacked. I don't think I've ever been happier to see a player traded than I am, with PLD being gone. good riddance to bad/overpaid trash. I hope anyone silly enough to buy a PLD jersey is able to get a discount on a replacement.

• Wow
Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
PLD will get 70pts easily in Washington as he will be their #1C and will be on the #1 PP unit. Im sure Pierre is happy to hear the news as I know he was a miserable player playing on the Kings 4th line for the last half of last year. And rumour was, he was not liked by the rest of the players in the Kings locker room.

The big question is, will he be happy long term in Washington? How long before he quits on another team and demands another trade?
I don't think it would be wise to make him their #1C... at least not right away. Dylan Strome has looked solid and I think the last thing you want to do is hand PLD the #1 spot without making him earn it. He seriously needs to be humbled and someone needs to light a fire to make him hungry to compete again. IMO handing him a top line spot would continue to inflate his ego and feed into his belief that he can half ass everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad