Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Apart from the fact that PLD has five seasons of as many or more poibns than Mantha's best season they are pretty much the same.

I guess all francophonesi look the same to you?
I seriously hope you don't think you did something with this post. They are both lazy players who can't be motivated for shit I didn't realize this was preschool where I had literally explain subtext to people like you. The only one discriminating against Francophones is you considering how fast your mind went right to that you should be ashamed of yourself.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I get why the Capitals would do this.
I don't think it will work out for them (perhaps it's just wishful thinking?), but I understand the logic of taking this gamble for them.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
It's obviously risky for WSH and I'm a bit baffled why take that chance when so many other clubs tried and are disappointed by his effort. That said, I can see why they take the risk as PLD could grow a spine, however unlikely that may be.
He has the contract, he is set. WSH can buy him out for a couple of days at 1/3 cost, but that's likely not happening. I hope he does well for WSH, but going with past experiences, he will not. Good luck!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
That’s a network thing, and it would’ve been the same for any of them. They should’ve made a deal in the CBA to move the draft and UFA day back a week, but people too desperate to get to their summer cabins.
No just hurry up the damn playoffs. Game every other night until you’re done. Rinse and repeat. People aren’t not watching a leafs\Bruins playoff game because it’s Friday night instead of Saturday.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Omg, Vilardi, Iafalo, Kupari + 2nd rnd pick for Kuemper and one bad year of PLD aaaaaahahahahahahaha

Grouping it all together is silly. The mistakes were trading for him and then signing him. Getting out of that contract relatively unscathed is a win. As a whole it’s a loss, that’s something to judge overall, but this trade itself is likely the best outcome possible (assuming those original mistakes).

Reactions: Devonator

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No just hurry up the damn playoffs. Game every other night until you’re done. Rinse and repeat. People aren’t not watching a leafs\Bruins playoff game because it’s Friday night instead of Saturday.
They can’t play the same night as the NBA

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
I remember a lot on this board laughing hard at the Dylan Strome free agency we did a couple years ago about how bad Strome was. Similar age, high draft pick. Turned out to be amazing for us

Not saying PLD will be the same but it’s a risk worth taking

I think people are underestimating how AWFUL Kemper was since we got him. He will literally be sitting on the bench for the next 3 years here. Even a 40-50 point 2nd line PLB will be more worth than whatever Kemper could have provided us

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Dicey move by the Caps, probably hoping he develops some sort of chemistry with Ovy. Kings get rid of a player and contract who just didnt work and pick up a goalie that could bring them some stability.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Grouping it all together is silly. The mistakes were trading for him and then signing him. Getting out of that contract relatively unscathed is a win. As a whole it’s a loss, that’s something to judge overall, but this trade itself is likely the best outcome possible (assuming those original mistakes).
Not disagreeing, just kinda funny

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No idea who wins this until 3 yrs is up

If PLD figures it out probably the Caps
depends on what Blake uses the cap space on IMO.
Three years from now could need that cap space for QB coming off a bridge deal. Lots can change.

I think that PLD gets a more fitting role for his skill set with Washington and this deal will look bad to everyone who is not a kings fan. But I like it for LA.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Massive gamble/risk by the Caps. I hope it works out. I don't think it will.

I assume they're counting on the team leadership - Ovi, Oshie, Wilson, Carlson - blue collar hard work guys - getting PLD to give an F.

1718842726470.png

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I remember a lot on this board laughing hard at the Dylan Strome free agency we did a couple years ago about how bad Strome was. Similar age, high draft pick. Turned out to be amazing for us

Not saying PLD will be the same but it’s a risk worth taking

I think people are underestimating how AWFUL Kemper was since we got him. He will literally be sitting on the bench for the next 3 years here. Even a 40-50 point 2nd line PLB will be more worth than whatever Kemper could have provided us
People will laugh but I really think the Strome experience played a big part in the belief that the Caps obviously have that they can make something of PLD. Again - Strome wasn’t quite at PLD’s level of seemingly unconcern about his job but he most definitely was viewed as a young center with all the physical tools and no work ethic, drive or desire to get better.

Strome has definitely been a success for the Caps. He’s matured into a really well liked player and the best forward on the team and his 67 points last year don’t even fully tell the story of how vital he was to that offense.

In this high scoring era - the Caps had TWO forwards with more than 35 points last year, had a defense led by an 34 year-old playing 26 minutes an night and their big money goalie absolutely crapped the bed - and still made the playoffs somehow. So with lots of cap space and sending the husk of Kuemper the other way - if you start to evaluate the needs of the team that is in that dire need of pure talent up front plus the success they had gambling on Strome, you can start to see why they took the gamble.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I don't know, I still can't believe this trade happened.

How does Rob Blake not immediately resign upon announcing the trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad