Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
How does Blake not get fired for asset mismanagement?
Getting out of plds contract is pretty great for them and they needed a goalie.

If you posted a speculation or whatever we are allowed to make proposal threads people would be saying insane stuff like 5 1sts and we would take him

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
What do you think the issue actually is with this guy?
I assume, that he’s an incredibly entitled victim card playing jerk who (and his daddy would agree) has never done anything wrong.

So basically, he’s someone you would never want to depend on, as it would be your fault he made an error!

(Me reading between the lines, I don’t know him or the situation)

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If Dubois gets wise, Washington wins. He's a player who, with quality teammates, can score 70-80 points in the current NHL. Besides, he's strong, can play well in front of the net, at the boards, in the corners. One has good hockey sense, can create space for his teammates, create chances.
We will see.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
So glad to see the back of PL, didnt fancy having to watch his half ass effort for the next seven years. Bless you Caps, i hope it works out for you and he finds some motivation from all this.

Reactions: mysterman2

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
There are no more issues with Dubois than there were with Filatov, (Oleg) Petrov, Gilbert Dionne and so on. Insensate scrubs in media like Noodles, Simmons, Garrioch et al. will look at this in bemusement, as their atrophied cogencies cannot conceive of a multi-layered phenom like Dubois eventually coming into his own.

This trade is a rare win-win, like the Gretzky trade to L.A.. Caps get production and steady play while L.A. upgrades their goaltending. Needs are addressed and we are in awe of general managers moving pieces in 3-D chess.

• Wow
Reactions: Viqsi

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
this is literally a cap dump for a cap dump trade. capitals betting on the younger center vs a goalie that was about to be beaten out by the ahl goalies
Immediately, sure, but the commitments are for another seven years versus three. The Caps are placing a huge gamble that Carbery can work his magic with a talented but oft disinterested player, keep him engaged, ply him with gumdrops, Twizzlers, and talented finishing wingers to keep him happy.

That said, Kuemper was startlingly poor this season (after a decent 2022-2023). The immediate impact will be that both teams get out of a jam with a guy who didn't quite work this season, who was making good money, but then each club takes on risk with the player it is getting in return. The Caps have the more egregious long-term anchor to deal with if he doesn't turn it around, though.

The attributes that attract you about PLD are obvious, but three teams now have basically had buyer's remorse after his draft/trade. This is one Caps fan hoping for that million-to-one ship to come in, but realistic about how much more likely it is that this is going to be the player he's been in every other city he's played in before long. A buddy called this desperate and I have to agree with the assessment. I'd say it starts the clock for Brian MacLellan.

For those who remained skeptical, this also signals to me that Leonsis has no interest in a tear-down rebuild. He hated doing it in 2003 and I think it still haunts him. He's trying to get his new arena built.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
So many thoughts

Do they have a Nobu Malibu in Washington? How can Prefers Lifestyle Dubious possibly be happy there?

LOL @ PL. Premadonna Punk keeps trying to find a City suitable for him to play hockey in, but the lifestyle cities don’t even want him.

I wonder about this - he obviously didn't have a choice regarding where he was traded to as his NMC hadn't kicked in yet and amazingly Blake was miraculously able to find a sucker for this player. Has he given any interviews or made any statements? I suspect he's pouting and fretting at the moment.

Reactions: mysterman2

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Both players are strong bets to have statistical improvements next year in their new situations.

I’m excited to see who emerges from the Caps goalie system next…say what you want about that franchise as a whole but they have produced a lot of good goalies over the years. Lindgren is obviously the starter (and yes I know technically they didn’t “produce him”) after his breakout year but Shepard and Stevenson are both worth watching. I assume it’s Shepard with the backup edge if Stevenson can still be sent down without waivers but Stevenson is probably the guy long-term. And the trio will make next to nothing next season although Lindgren will be in line for a huge raise if he keeps up his play.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Still got out of the PLD contract which is huge and Kuemper is better then anyone LA had last year. The Kings also have a much better defensive structure then the Capitals which will help Kuempers numbers.
Seriously. The Kings made Rittich look serviceable and Talbot an all star. Meanwhile Washington has like 3 NHL d-men

Reactions: McShogun99 and Dog

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
This trade is a rare win-win, like the Gretzky trade to L.A.. Caps get production and steady play while L.A. upgrades their goaltending. Needs are addressed and we are in awe of general managers moving pieces in 3-D chess.

Production was few and far between- if by steady production you mean no production you wont be dissapointed.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
A 40 point player? They could find a dozen of those guys at 3 million a year that actually give a shit. My guess is that they use the extra 3m to resign Roy that they couldn't have done with PLD on the roster. LA had an issue of finding a starting goalie, signing Byfield and extending Roy with the cap they had. They were going to have to at least lose one of those guys (definitely not Byfield). So it was either a cheap shitty goalie or lose Roy. Now, they can keep them all. I hope they don't resign Roy and run with Clarke and Spence but it sounds like they really want to keep Roy. They are set up like this at the moment...

Kempe-Kopitar-XXX
XXX-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
XXX-Turcotte-Thomas
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Englund-Spence
Moverare

Kuemper
Rittich
Kuemper as a starting goalie is certainly an optimistic choice.

A 40 point player for a playoff team for under 4 million is a bargain.

Reactions: Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad