Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Darcy Kuemper was benched from the All Star break, until the playoffs. Lindgren played on back to back nights, playing Kuemper was never a consideration.

The Kings just acquired a goaltender making $5.25m for 3 more years. He is absolutely unplayable. Whatever the Kings fans thought about their goaltending, this makes them worse.
This year was the first sub-.900 SV% year of Kuemper's career and Talbot and Rittich both experienced significant boosts this year (.015 and .020, respectively) after joining LA.

Chances seem good that he'll rebound next year, even if it's not enough to be worth his contract,

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumbling Jack

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
what a huge fail by Rob Blake, essentially traded Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari & 2nd for Darcy Kuemper while also paying $8M SB to PLD.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
They got an unplayable, overpaid goaltender.

I get Kings fans are happy they got rid of PLD, but this spiking the football is ludicrous. You paid a premium for an asset, then acquired a guy we refused to play.

Washington was desperate to get rid of Kuemper.
You underestimate the desperation and frustration of PLD. They both can be a relief to get rid of, but to blow that deal on PLD, watch him glide and do nothing all season knowing he is locked for the next decade with a NMC with a logjammed roster and no cap room.

PLD has a net negative effect on the roster and morale of the team and game because everyone knows he isn't trying and that he doesn't care. It's one thing when someone is trying and failing but when someone is purposely sabotaging all efforts of the team and just having a front row seat to every goal scored against it is something else.

He could have been traded for anything and there would be dancing in the streets.

Reactions: shuchukfan

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
But I honestly think he takes a lot of unnecessary heat in terms of the player he actually is. He's a good center that can put up elite numbers. He's just a guy that doesn't try all the time and that pisses people off.
We’re going to need you to show us your work on this part.

Reactions: fsanford

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Makes me think the Caps were interested in Dubois for a while but because he had a limited number of teams he was interested in going, they could not do anything about it.

gvineq

Feb 6, 2023
If that's true, what a shit show for LA. We'll wait for the return but I feel they could've given him a little more time...

More time? They gave him plenty of time and opportunity to prove his worth and people typically had to check the stat sheets after games to see if he even played. He literally went multiple games against Edmonton without a single shot on goal despite playing over 10 minutes each game.

The only thing more time was going to do was make him harder to trade.

The guy was so invisible in the playoffs I got banned from the Kings reddit board for jokingly asking if Edmonton fans had kidnapped the guy, during his third or fourth game in a row with no shots on goal.

I think one of the mods over there had/has a huge crush on PLD because any negative posts/observations about the guy was met with "yeah well everyone else also sucks but PLD is doing his best.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
They got an unplayable, overpaid goaltender.

I get Kings fans are happy they got rid of PLD, but this spiking the football is ludicrous. You paid a premium for an asset, then acquired a guy we refused to play.

Washington was desperate to get rid of Kuemper.
Is kuemper not good anymore? I thought he was a pretty good goalie?

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
If the Kings offered Iafallo (and his $4M per) and Kupari to your team, which player(s) would you offer up as fair value?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad