Post-Game Talk: World Junior Championships 2020 in the Czech Republic: Canada Wins 2020 Gold

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who are your three podium teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Between Stützle, Peterka and Reichel I hope the wings find a way to draft a second german for Seider :D

If their current rankings hold we could draft 1 in each of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

I love all 3 of them so I'd be happy with that result if it played out that way. As well, the more I watch Stutzle the more I think he can challenge for 2nd overall. His style reminds me a lot of William Nylander, Stutzle has excellent hands and just sublime puck control.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Seider needs to be careful, he nearly killed that dude

That looked like a Pronger kind of dirty hit. It's cheap, but I LOVE it.

3A for Zegras now. By far the best US player this game. I wanted us to draft him if we didn't take Seider.

Zegras was one of the guys I was hoping we draft when we were up. But to be honest, Seider has been an amazing pick so far. If there's anything our team needs, it's that kind of dman.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
If their current rankings hold we could draft 1 in each of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

I love all 3 of them so I'd be happy with that result if it played out that way. As well, the more I watch Stutzle the more I think he can challenge for 2nd overall. His style reminds me a lot of William Nylander, Stutzle has excellent hands and just sublime puck control.

I would take him 2nd. I planted my flag about three weeks ago on this board.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Great game for Zegras so far, but come on German goalie, a couple of those were really soft.

Keep in mind the matchups, it seems like the top guys are hardly out there when Mo is out.

US coach is smart, too bad his defense is terrible.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
As much as I like your new-found love for Germans, I have to admit one tiny detail: I also wanted the Red Wings to draft Zegras...

Gruß,
BSHH

Zegras is great, but I think the matchup is allowing him to shine a bit as well.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I just finished rewatching the Sweden game from yesterday and I'm curious as to what you didn't like from Raymond? I thought he was Sweden's best forward. His playmaking is certainly elite but the one thing that really stood out was his positioning, he's constantly moving without the puck trying to get into a better lane to receive a pass or tip a shot on net. He always seems to be in the right spot, whether it's on the PP, defensive zone or even getting in lane to keep a puck from exiting the offensive zone. His hockey IQ maybe 2nd to only Laf in this draft.

Hmm, he was the most invisible guy at creating chances.

Arw you sure you watched the right guy. After a quiet start, that line was all Holtz with some help from Henriksson.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Arw you sure you watched the right guy. After a quiet start, that line was all Holtz with some help from Henriksson.

There was a report that he had an infection and might miss the whole tournament... keep that in mind... he is not at 100%

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario

I thought Holtz was pretty quiet, aside from a few quality shots, the goal included, I didn't think he was that good.

Raymond was great with the puck on his stick and even better without it, I thought his linemates were a big reason he didn't get on the scoreboard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad