Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
From the P-D

“Johannesson, to be honest with you, I thought he was probably our best defenseman in Game 1,” Bannister said. “I really liked the way he played, moves pucks, great stick, very good skater, not shy to go back with pucks. He has really good vision moving pucks and getting up into the play. Really impressed with him.”

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
From the P-D

“Johannesson, to be honest with you, I thought he was probably our best defenseman in Game 1,” Bannister said. “I really liked the way he played, moves pucks, great stick, very good skater, not shy to go back with pucks. He has really good vision moving pucks and getting up into the play. Really impressed with him.”

Buchinger apparantly has been doing really well too. He will start/play this season in the AHL but Bannister really likes him. He might not be as far away to the NHL as we expect.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
From the P-D

I totally agree with that assessment. I walked away very impressed

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I totally agree with that assessment. I walked away very impressed

I didn't see it. I defer to Bannister. But i saw a guy who skated the puck into trouble and we got hemmed in our own zone as he struggled at times with the breakout.

That is based on just watching one game where i was trying to figure out who was who as we have a lot if new faces/#s. Bannister has game film and a better seat.

Reactions: Jordeau

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'll be watching the Sarnia game tonight for as long as my kids allow me to watch it. Expecting good things from Fischer this season.

I'm hoping for some progression in his in zone defending in general but particularly his 1v1 coverage which can be spotty at times. I watched a few of his full games from last season and it seemed to me that those were the two areas he needed improvement. He's very tenacious and physical so I think his 1v1 work not always being on point is a timing issue dealing with some of the faster forwards in the OHL because when Lukas gets them lined up he knows what to do. He moves the puck really effectively and his hands are so good you'd swear he was a forward. He shows a really calm demeanor when he has the puck and he clearly feels very comfortable handling transition. I noticed he has very few issues dealing with a strong fore check and even if he's got somebody right on top of him he doesn't panic, he'll just sauce a backhander behind his net to his D partner or head fake to buy an extra second and open a lane.

Offensively he's more developed than most would suspect and defensively he needs more work than most would suspect. Love this kid and I hope you watch him a bunch and give us updates.

Reactions: Drubilly

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Lindstein and Brynas with a 5-3 win today. Lindstein looked solid out there again defensively. Not much going on offensively. It's the third game in a row where the opposition couldn't generate much when his pairing was out on the ice. Very little o-zone possession time when he's out there.

Lindstein continues to look calm under pressure with intelligent, low-risk decision making and crisp passing. The only gaffe I saw was a play where he got hung up at the side of the net. A pass to the winger in that situation would've generated a strong scoring chance but the puck never got through. He took a slashing penalty very late in the game after Frolunda started showing their frustration.

All in all, another low-event game for the first rounder. He finished the game +1 with the 2 minute penalty. Stenberg and Malmo hit the ice in about 20 minutes and I'll be keeping an eye on that one.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Lindstein and Brynas with a 5-3 win today. Lindstein looked solid out there again defensively. Not much going on offensively. It's the third game in a row where the opposition couldn't generate much when his pairing was out on the ice. Very little o-zone possession time when he's out there.

Lindstein continues to look calm under pressure with intelligent, low-risk decision making and crisp passing. The only gaffe I saw was a play where he got hung up at the side of the net. A pass to the winger in that situation would've generated a strong scoring chance but the puck never got through. He took a slashing penalty very late in the game after Frolunda started showing their frustration.

All in all, another low-event game for the first rounder. He finished the game +1 with the 2 minute penalty. Stenberg and Malmo hit the ice in about 20 minutes and I'll be keeping an eye on that one.
Starting to wonder if Linstein is going to be our Hjallmarsson.

Reactions: BlueMed

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Snoozer of a game for Malmo today. They lose 3-0. Very little going on offense. Stenberg was pretty invisible out there today. Didn't have the puck on his stick much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad