Post-Game Talk: World Junior Championships 2020 in the Czech Republic: Canada Wins 2020 Gold

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who are your three podium teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Good patience with the puck by Seider there, instead of just dumping it into the corner.

Reactions: mantha39

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
A PPQB Seider is not. That's okay as he's good in other facets of the game and we already have Hronek for that role. His decision making on the PP leaves me wanting more, I think he's much more suited for a trigger man role ala Weber.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Oh holy .. This Germany team really is frustrating sometimes :laugh: The amount of stupid penalties, mistakes and missed open players.. You can't even blame it on the age anymore, these are just basics and things they should be used to.
They have so much individual talent, yet they destroy it by collective stupidity sometimes. It is very frustating for me as I am of German descent and of course rooting for Seider and Stützle.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
The Germans may not have great depth or goaltending, but that 1st PP unit is really skilled and will be a huge asset for them in this tournament.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Remember that AA for Faulk rumor, then Faulk was traded for a package including Bokk? Wouldn't it be poetic if AA was traded for a package including Bokk? Just saying.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
A PPQB Seider is not. That's okay as he's good in other facets of the game and we already have Hronek for that role. His decision making on the PP leaves me wanting more, I think he's much more suited for a trigger man role ala Weber.

You see Seider as a triggerman? Considering he has no shot at the moment I'm not sure how you see that.

He's running a really good pp1 right now. Money on entries, putting the puck in the right spots (besides one time he missed Stutzle), keeping the defense honest with his wrister.

He's not flashy or dominant but he's doing a really good job as a PPQB imo.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
You see Seider as a triggerman? Considering he has no shot at the moment I'm not sure how you see that.

He's running a really good pp1 right now. Money on entries, putting the puck in the right spots (besides one time he missed Stutzle), keeping the defense honest with his wrister.

He's not flashy or dominant but he's doing a really good job as a PPQB imo.

At the NHL level I do. He's fine in the role at this level, but I don't see him being able to be a PPQB at the NHL level. It's not that he has been bad in the role I just have an issue with his shot selection and he lacks the dynamic flair I like in a PPQB.

He reminds me of Edler running a PP. He's not bad, but you can certainly find a player more suited for the role.

Last edited:

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
At the NHL level I do. He's fine in the role at this level, but I don't see him being able to be a PPQB at the NHL level. It's not that he has been bad in the role I just have an issue with his shot selection and he lacks the dynamic flair I like in a PPQB.

He reminds me of Edler running a PP. He's not bad, but you can certainly find a player more suited for the role.

I'm with you there. Interested to see if he can figure it out at the NHL level. I don't see "triggerman" ability tho.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Man Schutz has been absolutely atrocious. The fact that the German coach is even sending him out on the ice at this point is ridiculous.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

How about Suter, Hedman, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Theodore? Lidstrom? I think Seider can definitely be a PPQB, I see literally no reason why he wouldn't be able to do it at the NHL level.

He's not a 4th forward type of D but he looks great offensively imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad