GDT: WJC: Switzerland Vs USA | December 28th @ 2:30PM MT

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So is the USA done then?
That's what I'm wondering too? I hope not. I'm wondering if there is an American goalie in the CHL somewhere out West? If it's true it's 2 goalies, hoping the starter is left. No idea how to move forward with this.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
On the topic of the game being cancelled, I thought it was only going to happen if a team got hit hard by positive tests (ie. 8+ players). I didn't realize it would happen if even 1 or 2 did.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
On the topic of the game being cancelled, I thought it was only going to happen if a team got hit hard by positive tests (ie. 8+ players). I didn't realize it would happen if even 1 or 2 did.
I 'think' it's because it was 2 goalies. I could be wrong on this though. Eg. if 2 forwards had this happen, I think the game goes on. But not sure.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I think the idea with cancelling/postponing this game is to prevent a situation where 8+ guys are out. The last game of the tournament is the 6th they can't really wait and see.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Entire team Switzerland had to quarantine when Knak tested positive.
Also, McKenzie tweeted that the positive players may be goalies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So is USA out? If players are just testing positive now it’s not like they’re going to test negative anytime soon. Were they not staying in the bubble?

You do realize there are imnuno-compromised people who cannot get vaccinated, right?

They can still get vaccinated. It just might not work.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I guess the USA-Sweden game is called off too then? A one day quarantine seems unlikely. Sad.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
The USA will still advance to the crossover round. At that point it's win or go home so lets hope that doing away with this one game will solve a potential long term problem.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I would love if that were the case, but the unvaccinated are still part of society. They take up hospital beds, they spread it more, etc.

Viruses are not an individual issue. The sooner people understand that, the better.

I highly doubt that, they’re the ones barred from many public places, so I’d venture it’s more of an issue with the “vaccinated”.

Regardless, sucks mightily for the US and they should be at least offer a replacement, a local even, as long as they check out.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Could be close. Switzerland had to quarantine for 2 days after Knak tested positive.
In that case, a loss to Russia and the US are probably out I guess. Tough luck for them. Maybe they can play on January 1?

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Wait a second. Am I right in saying players aren't in a 'bubble' at this tourney?

If so, game over. This is just the start.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Its contagious sure but it aint no beast. I know upwards of 40 people who have contracted it in the past couple weeks and nobody has had more than a headache
I really doubt it. Why have these 40 people been tested when the worst symptom is a headache?

It's one thing when a favorite team forfeits a game with these conditions. It's another when people make shit up to vent their anger at the outcome.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Isn't mandatory quarantine in Canada two weeks regardless? For those infected and those in the vicinity?

It varies from Province to Province since health care is a provincial jurisdiction. Those entering Canada from outside the country fall under the federal government which as I recall is 2 weeks (which is why they had to be in Edmonton by a certain day). Here in Alberta you do not need to self isolate unless you display symptoms, then it is 10 days from when the symptoms started. Or at least that's what it was earlier this month when my 1 year old tested positive and spread it throughout our family.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I really doubt it. Why have these 40 people been tested when the worst symptom is a headache?

It's one thing when a favorite team forfeits a game with these conditions. It's another when people make shit up to vent their anger at the outcome.
They’ve been routinely testing people with no symptoms.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Ffs. How do you even get sick in what's supposed to be a mini bubble, it's barely a few weeks, stay the f*** in the hotel and wear your mask.

At least there is no regulation this year in case they have to forfeit more games.

Reactions: KingAlfie11

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Ffs. How do you even get sick in what's supposed to be a mini bubble, it's barely a few weeks, stay the f*** in the hotel and wear your mask.

At least there is no regulation this year in case they have to forfeit more games.

Because the IIHF and Hockey Canada have the teams sharing hotels with the general public. A mask doesn't eliminate the possibility of transmission. Really shortsighted decision not to run the tournament in a fully contained bubble again.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Because the IIHF and Hockey Canada have the teams sharing hotels with the general public. A mask doesn't eliminate the possibility of transmission. Really shortsighted decision not to run the tournament in a fully contained bubble again.

Didn't know that about the hotel, at the very least they should have rented out an entire hotel, had catered food brought in and made it a mini bubble, it would have probably eliminated this from happening.

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00
    Event closes