GDT: WJC: Switzerland Vs USA | December 28th @ 2:30PM MT

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
So you are saying that there aren’t different schools of thought on how to deal with COVID testing in Europe? I am not suggesting this is about specific political parties. However, in any country there are different factions about how to deal with different issues. Of course there are plenty of doctors in Europe that think asymptomatic testing for athletics is ridiculous.
Testing is different topic, these guys should not play because they are sick. And their goalies are out, no point dressing a forward even if they’d miraculously play.

Also pointless to play with goalie pulled all the time

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Play it on the 1st, it's a day off.
That wouldn't be impossible, but that's much easier said than done. They would need to schedule a ton of workers/volunteers for that day, and I doubt the majority would be willing to sacrifice whatever they had planned for the 1st so that Team USA doesn't have to forfeit a game.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
How are we gonna avoid this issue? Usa just had to forfeit.
The issue is a forfeiture because of Covid.

That doesn't require antivaxx narratives spreading misinformation.

I agree it absolutely sucks for the US and probably the tournament. I hope they are back in a few days and keep their medal hopes alive. This may get them stuck in a quarter with Finland or Canada which seems unfair as well.

This pool had no weak teams but I think the winner of the other pool would prefer not to potentially get a US matchup.

Mara

May 10, 2011
I have no idea about the protocol in this tourney, but it's possible the tournament is finished. If the "original" protocol is followed, then all those who have come into contact with the infected players will have to isolate as well. USA, gone from the tournament. Their previous opponent, gone from the tournament. And so on and so forth. No way will this tourney be played to the end(unless the "rules" have changed".)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Absolutely no one you replied to including myself claimed they couldn’t medal. Your claim was an easy gold for USA which is what we’re refuting. Great team, but there are a bunch of good teams at the tournament and any of them have a viable shot at gold. Stop being a homer
There’s never an easy pick for gold in this tournament anyway. The Americans had a good shot at it. But Finland, Canada, Russia, and Sweden always have a good shot too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't belittle the virus. Don't bring up governments and political leaders. Don't pretend you know more about the virus than trained medical experts. Easy as that.

The issue is that you have decided there’s a right way to view this and a wrong way. Of course, your viewpoint is the right way and those who disagree have an agenda. How about we all acknowledge that there are different schools of thought and we need better solutions than what’s happening here?

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I live in Ontario and I'm very grateful that our federal government is prioritizing saving lives and making sure our health care system is not overwhelm by omicron. Thank God I live in Canada and not the US! With that said I do agree that if a player is fully vaccinated and asymptomatic he should be eligible to play!
Probably the most level-headed and sensitive view

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
The issue is a forfeiture because of Covid.

That doesn't require antivaxx narratives spreading misinformation.

I agree it absolutely sucks for the US and probably the tournament. I hope they are back in a few days and keep their medal hopes alive. This may get them stuck in a quarter with Finland or Canada which seems unfair as well.

This pool had no weak teams but I think the winner of the other pool would prefer not to potentially get a US matchup.

Woah hang on a second, how is it “antivaxx narrative” to think it’s ridiculous to penalize a team who seemingly did every single thing correct, including getting vaccinated, and still get the short end of the stick and needing to forfeit? I’m sure this is what most people who have a problem with it are saying but I could of course be wrong.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I live in Ontario and I'm very grateful that our federal government is prioritizing saving lives and making sure our health care system is not overwhelm by omicron. Thank God I live in Canada and not the US! With that said I do agree that if a player is fully vaccinated and asymptomatic he should be eligible to play!

Except that's not how viruses work.

You can spread it even if you are asymptomatic and vaccinated. The incubation period is WAY SHORTER though.

Most importantly, you can spread it to people who are NOT vaccinated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad