Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ya, Myers has been playing better than Morrissey and Trouba, okay...
If Myers has a so-so game, everyone thinks he is the 2nd coming. Wasn't that his man that scored the first goal? He played ok but let's not get carried away. For 5.5m he should be playing a lot better if you ask me.

When Myer's has a great game-- you'll never acknowledge that - ever !!! -- simply because you don't like him. Don't forget he and Helle were 2 key additions to this team this year, and look where they are now. When Myer's has a good game, why can't you just admit it ??- I just don't understand posters like you.

Trouba had a solid game-- but he got beat for a breakaway, and could have cost us the game--otherwise he was pretty solid, and scored a nice goal.

I think your being to "subjective" when it comes to Myers, and not being objective enough to say--"yeah--he had a great game tonight" --like others are saying.

With that being said-everyone is free to like or dislike any player they want to on these forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scheifelaine

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Breaking down Buff's game tonight,

th

Someone with photoshop skills needs to put Buff’s head on the Hulk and Subban or Josi on the smash victim.

PLEASE!!!!!

Reactions: Ducky10

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

When Myer's has a great game-- you'll never acknowledge that - ever !!! -- simply because you don't like him. Don't forget he and Helle were 2 key additions to this team this year, and look where they are now. When Myer's has a good game, why can't you just admit it ??- I just don't understand posters like you.

Trouba had a solid game-- but he got beat for a breakaway, and could have cost us the game--otherwise he was pretty solid, and scored a nice goal.

I think your being to "subjective" when it comes to Myers, and not being objective enough to say--"yeah--he had a great game tonight" --like others are saying.

With that being said-everyone is free to like or dislike any player they want to on these forums.

How about this:

Myers was the Jets' best defenseman in the little amount he played in '16/'17.

I am nervous any time he's in his own zone.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
How about this:

Myers was the Jets' best defenseman in the little amount he played in '16/'17.

I am nervous any time he's in his own zone.

I understand how you feel about Myers in his own zone--he screws up sometimes, but the other guys do as well. Trouba gave away the puck at the blueline tonight, and that just about cost us the game, on a breakaway, but Helle saved the day. All our D-men are going to make mistakes.

What you have to take into consideration--is how much better he is in the offensive zone, than our other defenseman--except Buff. When you add it all up, Myers is a winner and contributes to the Jet's scoring and success.

That's why Maurice plays him so much--he must feel the same way.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

I understand how you feel about Myers in his own zone--he screws up sometimes, but the other guys do as well. Trouba gave away the puck at the blueline tonight, and that just about cost us the game, on a breakaway, but Helle saved the day. All our D-men are going to make mistakes.

What you have to take into consideration--is how much better he is in the offensive zone, than our other defenseman--except Buff. When you add it all up, Myers is a winner and contributes to the Jet's scoring and success.

While Myers is clearly very talented at making big offensive plays, I think there are other Jets defensemen who are better at supporting offense from the Jets' best offensive players than him.

Safely holding the zone, making predictable plays, etc.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Here's a crazy idea, maybe the Jets should consider playing Myers on RW and put Poolman in the lineup. I will give Myers credit that he was great in the offensive zone but he's always a bit keystone cop in his own zone.

I think hard sheltering is fine. Tougher when Chiarot is beside him, though.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

You do know that Trouba and Myers have identical .44 ppg this season, right? That is with Myers seeing way more PP time.
He had an alright game.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets team did well.

If you are the coach of that team you will be happy for the gutsy effort.

The 1st period was obviously was a bad JETS period but it seemed like the whole team didn't have their game legs yet.
Everything was off. What ever the team did the night before or morning, or pre game skates. Threw them off.
OR maybe they got overly excited with the PUMP UP WINNIPEG CITY.

But a really good bounce back in the 2nd.

Only thing I think they need to do better is. Those penalties. 3 of those penalties shouldn't have happened. But the PREDS team is a very skilled team so they will eventually make the JETS take a penalty. Just minimize it as much as they can.

Go JETS GO.

Need to prepare for GAME 4. Win this one so they have a strangle hold on the PREDS. Lose this one and it's 2-2 with 2 games in Nashville.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I see a game like this and I'm just not seeing how Perreault survives the game. But when he does come back, Jets should do what they did last time Perreault came back from an injury - put him on the 4th line. Perreault went on a heater last time around on the 4th. It may be the only way he survives all this hacking and whacking mayhem. On the 4th he's more sheltered with less minutes and by default less opportunity to get plastered.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Here's a crazy idea, maybe the Jets should consider playing Myers on RW and put Poolman in the lineup. I will give Myers credit that he was great in the offensive zone but he's always a bit keystone cop in his own zone.

BOOOOO --Oh No --not another Myer's hater I have to deal with Jet's Fan ?? I thought you had a good eye for talent.:huh: -- We need Myers !!! --he sets up plays.

If you want to get rid of a small "deadbeat"--get rid of the $ 5.5 million dollar Toby Enstrom that gets knocked out of the game, with a small hit. He's out half the season, and I think Morrow is the better player.

Enstrom has no "backend point shot either" -- very weak shot. I'd let him go--or sign him as a $ 1.5 mil backup--"but no more"--he's to old and frail.

Don't worry about Myers--he had a great game tonight-- just look at all the positive reviews on him tonight. Be happy we have him JetsFan815

armyjoe

Nov 15, 2010
Sad Subban at the 1:10 mark

Look how much time and ice sceiff has in the middle:D Wheeler has no problem passing it past one guy.
If they concentrate more on sceiff then Wheeler is free to take a shot, if to scheiff then laine is open. And then there is down low play open if you would want to take all three of them.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Look how much time and ice sceiff has in the middle:D Wheeler has no problem passing it past one guy.
If they concentrate more on sceiff then Wheeler is free to take a shot, if to scheiff then laine is open. And then there is down low play open if you would want to take all three of them.

I understand what your saying here -- but Wheeler's shot is not near as accurate as Laine's or Scheiflle. I'd even go so far as to say that Scheif's shot is just about as good as Laines--very accurate--including the "one timer."

But you are right--we do have a triple threat with that line- not easy to defend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
If the Jets won game 2 ... it would be the Preds who would have 3 PPs at the end of this game.
I am shocked the refs gave PK a penalty ... maybe Bettman gave the refs a call after he saw the Preds tie the game on a cheap penalty to Roslovic.
Bettman ... "People are going to figure out we are tilting the ice to Nashville."
Ref ... "Ok I will start calling the penalties PK is committing."
It is not the refs or Ehlers fault if Subban doesn't keep his stick down and hits Ehlers high with it. There were some bad calls during the game, but that was not one of them. High sticks usually get called.

Reactions: Jets 31

None

Feb 22, 2012
Anyone know how loud it was after the Trouba goal to tie it up?

Recorded the NBC broadcast by mistake but here's both Buff and Trouba's goals.
The NBC commentary were discussing the noise for a few seconds following Trouba's goal, the colour commentator Brian Boucher is pretty much yelling into his microphone just to be heard.

Byfuglien's -

Trouba's -

And here's this too:

That abomination looks stitched.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

BOOOOO --Oh No --not another Myer's hater I have to deal with Jet's Fan ?? I thought you had a good eye for talent.:huh: -- We need Myers !!! --he sets up plays.

If you want to get rid of a small "deadbeat"--get rid of the $ 5.5 million dollar Toby Enstrom that gets knocked out of the game, with a small hit. He's out half the season, and I think Morrow is the better player.

Enstrom has no "backend point shot either" -- very weak shot. I'd let him go--or sign him as a $ 1.5 mil backup--"but no more"--he's to old and frail.

Don't worry about Myers--he had a great game tonight-- just look at all the positive reviews on him tonight. Be happy we have him JetsFan815
upload_2018-5-2_2-8-6.png

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad