Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg

Here's Buff's missed hit on Arvidsson as well.

Edit: Trouba and Buff's goals both on the previous page with audio

If Buff hit him, I guarantee Arvidsson would have been done for the playoffs. Both were going at such a high speed.

Reactions: Jets 31

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
What a game. The vets leading the way. I think the youngsters are feeling the pressure. Lack of experience probably starts to show more and more the deeper we go into the playoffs and the stakes get higher.

I thought the Ehlers-Connor swap was a good move. Ehlers just clicks there brilliantly and the new Stastny line seems strong still.

Terrible first period, but good leadership to dig us out of the hole.

Buff is unstoppable.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Preds fans are legit debating if Subban high stick on Ehlers was actually a high stick or not. If you want a laugh read their GDT now
They know hockey
It’s been what?
25 years?
I have skin tags older than that

Reactions: SUX2BU

HerculePoirot

Mar 9, 2012
Are there any reports out there about the quality of ice at MTS Place? I thought there were more puck bobbles compared to normal.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Right on Halberdier-- I don't understand how the some of very "astute" posters on here, just cannot see the tremendous value Tyler Myers brings to this team. I think he's one of the most "underrated" Jet's players. He also has a "great attitude."

In tonights game vs. the Preds--he was second only to Buff.
Now you know what it's been like for most of the year for Ducky 10 and i when we have been defending Buff . ;) This is a Stanley Cup contender with Buff , without him i don't think we are .

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Love all the hate surrounding us in some threads. The tears of our enemies only embolden us further.
giphy.gif

Well, f*** them ....

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think hard sheltering is fine. Tougher when Chiarot is beside him, though.
Myers is fine with a really mobile, puck-moving partner. He and Chiarot are a bad combination because neither of them are very good at quick passes in tight areas, and they both prefer to carry the puck than making break-out passes.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thought we were done after the 1st but after watching Stastny's interview i really got a sense of calmness and confidence we could make a game of it , great trade by Chevy . Great move by Maurice to switch up Connor and Ehlers and great game again by Buff . Rinne should get suspended after that unbelievable stick swinging at Lowry . :shakehead If for some reason Lowry had stopped he would have gotten that in the head or face unbelievable !! Awesome job by our fans loud and proud . :vhappy: :towel:Go Jets f***ing Go !!!!

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
By the way , that dancing bear gif of Buff is classic , should get posted after every Jets goal . :laugh:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Now you know what it's been like for most of the year for Ducky 10 and i when we have been defending Buff . ;) This is a Stanley Cup contender with Buff , without him i don't think we are .

I totally agree with you Jets 31- Buff is "definitely" the Alpha dog, and without him, the Jet's would just not even be close to the same as they are now. He does so many things well--he's hugely strong, hits and intimidates guys, he's a great skater, can lead a rush, and is a great scorer, with a great shot --he can take over a game like he did against the Preds last night.

If anybody cannot see that--in my mind, they really don't know the game of Hockey. I'd go as far to say that Buff is in the top 3 defencemen in the league, and you can arguably also say, he's the # 1 defenceman in the NHL right now. I'd take him over Subban, and PK makes $ 3 mil per year more than Buff.

If we didn't have Buff-- I don't think we'd get past the Preds--thank God we have him.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
More work to do and a win on Thursday will put the Jets in command, and Friedman figured out what Wheeler said to Scott Oake at the end on the game

Sorry I was at the game and missed this? What did you mean here?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Rinne should get suspended after that unbelievable stick swinging at Lowry . :shakehead If for some reason Lowry had stopped he would have gotten that in the head or face unbelievable !! Awesome job by our fans loud and proud . :vhappy: :towel:Go Jets ****ing Go !!!!
so you want their better goalie starting the next game? no thanks.

that noise after Trouba's goal holy shmoly....

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
so you want their better goalie starting the next game? no thanks.

that noise after Trouba's goal holy shmoly....
I was thinking that too :laugh: That was some really bush league stuff though , but we must be getting into Rinne's head .

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I was thinking that too :laugh: That was some really bush league stuff though , but we must be getting into Rinne's head .
yeah, let's ease off on the hyperbole. it was a stupid swing and he hit him in the back and got a penalty. move on from that.
more interested to see if Sh*t My Pants Watson gets a call from the league for his hit on Wheeler. that's borderline suspendable

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

If we win the Stanley Cup--I think they should make a "statue" of Chevy--and put it in front of the Bell-MTS Center, and give Chevy the architect the credit he deserves. They do that for "star players"--so why not "start GM's.
Not sure about a statue, but I do believe it won't be long before Chevy is universally considered one of the very best GM's in the game.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad