Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
  • Wait, Hendricks played and we won? We actually had an epic comeback? How is that possible I thought he was the Thanos of the NHL?
  • Wonder how many people will give Myers credit as one of the guys who actually helped drive the comeback. Man the guy has his warts but there is still a lot to like there.
  • What a battle back by Helle. Wonder if he has a couple goose eggs in a row now?
  • Thank you thank you thank you to Austin Watson and PK Subban - couldn't happen to nicer guys. Having PK wear the goat horns feels soooooo good.
  • Arvidsson with his smug little face after running Helle... MAN I wish Buff would have connected on that hit. I think it sent a message - same as the one he almost tagged Subban with.
  • I always liked Tanev's game - so glad he's potted a few so that people who don't understand the role he plays actually want him in the lineup too - some just look at that stats line.
  • I love this team!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Time to re-watch the game listening to Chris Cuthbert. Looking forward to it with the NBC noise levels

Reactions: GNP

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just here to eat some crow on Brandon Tanev.

brandon-tanev.jpg

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
The physicality the Jets brought last night was impressive, I'm glad Scheif stood up for Wheeler, this team is always awesome 4on4 anyway!
Buff is making a few Preds stop in their tracks when he is on the ice, nice.

I even saw O'Connor put the body on a few guys after the line switch. Definitely not a regular occurance!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Have to reiterate praise for Maurice and team leadership. I wasn't sure if the team was going to fold or come out on fire at the start of the second. Maurice sticking with Helle was the right call. And mixing things up with Conner and Ehlers provided a spark. I don't know what was said by the coach and the leadership group in the intermission, but whatever it was, it was right.

Yes, we won with Gramps in the lineup. He didn't have any F ups that were consequential like last game. But here I give kudos to Maurice as well. Even though I disagree with his decision to have him in the lineup, he was very smart in limiting his ice time severely. What did he play - like 6 minutes? Well done, coach. Not a recipe for long term success in the playoffs, playing the 4th line so little. But right now I am giving Mo the benefit of the doubt that he knows that he will have a piece to replace Hendy on the fourth line very soon, and will then be able to get our 4th line 10+ minutes. This becomes very important as the playoffs wear on.

The best thing about that win is what it must have done to the Jets and Pred's confidence going forward. Jets up, Preds down - like that needed to be explained.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Was the this team ever tentative in the first. But man that second period was something.
I hope they get back to playing like we are used to them playing from now on. the first two games and the first period of this game, were soft, slow and tentative. Second period they went back to fast and hitting. THAT's their game, and I hope they see it now.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
The turning point of this game was the Watson hit on Wheeler. Woke the boys up and from there on out we controlled play for long stretches. Hopefully they don't forget about it next game.
Schiefs took care of Watson right away
With Schiefs in the box, I thought our chances were poor
Turn out it work out well as 4x4 open up the ice for us and we score few quick ones
Maybe Mark knew this all along

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I really wouldn't call 6:07 ( of which 1:03 was on the PK ) playing... more like here's 5 minutes of ice time , don't **** it up.
That is 100% the point I have been trying to make the whole time. He's insignificant. Sure, when we get Army and Perreault back they will allow us to play our 4th line more which is good, but the amount of bitching about Hendricks like he somehow caused us to lose that game in OT was hilarious.

He is a bandaid due to injuries, that's it.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
That is 100% the point I have been trying to make the whole time. He's insignificant.

If you think Hendricks is insignificant, you need to go back and re-watch game 2. His impact on the game was significant.

Maurice wisely took steps to minimize his ability to be significant in game 3, by using matchups and severely limiting his usage.

Reactions: Board Bard

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
IMG_1069.jpg

They finally updated the dial

Re-watched the first period so far. Team actually played a bit better than I remembered. They did have their dozey moments though. Helle was awful though. Should have been 1-0 or even 1-1.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Sorry I was at the game and missed this? What did you mean here?

By know you probably have heard what our Captain said about our crowd noise and the crowd in general, Freidman picked up on this quickly right when they went to the panel and reacted by saying and I'm paraphrasing, there are players around the league who feel the noise in some arena's is artificial, clearly a shot at Nashville.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Enstrom wasn't that noticeable to me last night, which is a good thing (Special teams plays a factor obviously, only 13 mins for Toby). Would prefer Morrow/Buff still and maybe Enstrom/Myers? Not sure.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
That 1 screen shot in the gdt with the score and 2-1 series lead for the Jets when the game was not close to being over was very prophetic.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Forgot about that Subban delay of game tactics trying to tape a stick while on the ice after the Stastny goal. What a jerk.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad