Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
First!

Woooo! 7 ...&!@%$ ...4! That was the best 2nd period I had ever seen the Jets play. When fired up they can score at will. The synchronism of each player to eachother is at an all time perfection. They tried to knock off Wheeler a couple of times there but were unable to stop the inevitable onrush. Onto the next game!

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Not sure about a statue, but I do believe it won't be long before Chevy is universally considered one of the very best GM's in the game.

I would think he's already universally considered one of the best GM's in the game right now. The Jet's are turning a lot of heads, and most of this is due to Chevy's management. If he's not considered one of the top GM's--as you say Bogo--it won't be long before he is. He does deserve the recognition--it took guts to stay the course during the lean years.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg

When Myer's has a great game-- you'll never acknowledge that - ever !!! -- simply because you don't like him. Don't forget he and Helle were 2 key additions to this team this year, and look where they are now. When Myer's has a good game, why can't you just admit it ??- I just don't understand posters like you.

Trouba had a solid game-- but he got beat for a breakaway, and could have cost us the game--otherwise he was pretty solid, and scored a nice goal.

I think your being to "subjective" when it comes to Myers, and not being objective enough to say--"yeah--he had a great game tonight" --like others are saying.

With that being said-everyone is free to like or dislike any player they want to on these forums.

Here is the problem with your evaluation. You somehow place Myers play above Trouba because Trouba got beat on one play for a breakaway.

But if you dive deeper into the game.... Trouba had 1G 1A a fight and him and JoMo kept the Johansson line in check and posted a 66% xG.

I'm not going to spend much time ragging on a Jets player after a win like that but it seems fairly clear you focus on the big event plays and don't look to deep into the advanced numbers that illustrate all the small plays guys make.

I don't have a problem with Myers as a 5/6 guy and doubt any other posters do either. I don't like him higher in the line up and I don't think we need to pay a 5/6 guy that kind of money if we start to get tight to the cap.

Toby "sucks at everything, replace him with Morrow" Enstrom had a very strong game. 72% Corsi.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Son of a B**** I'm on cloud 9. Anyone willing to give Mo credit for regrouping the squad after the first and having a 2nd and 3rd like that?
I was cursing for keeping Helle in too but that was the right move. Bumping up Ehlers was a good move as well he had a hell of a game yesterday. Wow what a win

Reactions: roccerfeller

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The turning point of this game was the Watson hit on Wheeler. Woke the boys up and from there on out we controlled play for long stretches. Hopefully they don't forget about it next game.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
For the first 2 1/2 periods it was like the refs were blind towards the Predators infractions. Glad the Jets won. I am amazed that Byfuglien is playing like the player we all dreamed he would be during this playoffs

I can't say enough about how Buff has played. For all the shot I've given him over the years, he has showed up the only time in 7 years we truly have a chance to win it all. And not just show up he has been the MVP of our team so far. Simply outstanding Buff bravo!!

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Before the playoffs started most of the pundits expressed the Jets lack of Playoff experience would be their downfall well to you people you can S*CK IT!

What a pleasure to watch, this game brought out all the emotions, very proud of the boys. Go Jets Go!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Myers is fine with a really mobile, puck-moving partner. He and Chiarot are a bad combination because neither of them are very good at quick passes in tight areas, and they both prefer to carry the puck than making break-out passes.

If only Myers could pass the puck effectively. So many passes in players skates or 10 feet wide.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
  1. Nashville's D is getting outdone by Jets D
  2. I keep seeing predators getting sniped but then they respawn, so I guess that's good? Subban, Ellis, Josi all sold me on their violent deaths.
  3. Jets need their wingers to be far better. Connor, Laine, Ehlers.
  4. Yaaasss
I think the Jets physical play is taking a big toll on the D

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
the PP1 needs some tinkering. Ehlers is literally the only player it seems to be able to get into the zone with the puck. The dump-in's are for the most part unsuccessful against NSH with Rinne and their D neutralizing the. Once PP1 starts clicking look out.

Buff has been the best player for the Jets this playoffs. Guy was playing great all year and took it up another notch. Physicality, scoring, defensive plays and strong Dzone exit passes, while logging 25+ mins, the guy is a beast. Damn near ended Arvy last night to at center ice, that could have been Mark Stone-esque.

Man oh man, what a game last night. Just incredible

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
As a Blues fan, I'm totally jealous of the team you guys get to see every game, but I'm 100% pulling for the Jets this post-season.

1. I hate PK Subban. Dude's a diver and constantly whines to the referees. He's Sid the Kid part 2. At least Crosby matured to the point where he doesn't whine.

2. Paul Stastny is still one of my favorite players. I'm hoping your team take him to the promised land.

3. Blake Wheeler is one of my favorite non-Blues players. I always wanted the Blues to find a way to acquire him, even from Atlanta. I thought he and Backes would have been magic together.

So, even though next season I'll go back to hating the Jets, I wanted to say I'm pulling for them right now. Good luck guys and enjoy it. GO JETS!

folix

Jul 24, 2011
the PP1 needs some tinkering. Ehlers is literally the only player it seems to be able to get into the zone with the puck. The dump-in's are for the most part unsuccessful against NSH with Rinne and their D neutralizing the. Once PP1 starts clicking look out.

Buff has been the best player for the Jets this playoffs. Guy was playing great all year and took it up another notch. Physicality, scoring, defensive plays and strong Dzone exit passes, while logging 25+ mins, the guy is a beast. Damn near ended Arvy last night to at center ice, that could have been Mark Stone-esque.

Man oh man, what a game last night. Just incredible

You are seeing the Nashville guys are now a bit more cautious when he is on the ice. Leaving the puck, flat out letting him have it at times. The guys everywhere like the boogy man. There is a level of fear when he is on the ice.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
True Story....got home from work and turned the game on and it's 3-0 Preds and I thought "what the HELL is this???"....then I had the pleasure of watching the last 2 periods. Just....wow!!! :eek:

Hope they can keep up the pace!

folix

Jul 24, 2011
As a Blues fan, I'm totally jealous of the team you guys get to see every game, but I'm 100% pulling for the Jets this post-season.

1. I hate PK Subban. Dude's a diver and constantly whines to the referees. He's Sid the Kid part 2. At least Crosby matured to the point where he doesn't whine.

2. Paul Stastny is still one of my favorite players. I'm hoping your team take him to the promised land.

3. Blake Wheeler is one of my favorite non-Blues players. I always wanted the Blues to find a way to acquire him, even from Atlanta. I thought he and Backes would have been magic together.

So, even though next season I'll go back to hating the Jets, I wanted to say I'm pulling for them right now. Good luck guys and enjoy it. GO JETS!

Its nice to know that the entire NHL can unite itself and put aside our differences with the commonality that Subban is an ass.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
You are seeing the Nashville guys are now a bit more cautious when he is on the ice. Leaving the puck, flat out letting him have it at times. The guys everywhere like the boogy man. There is a level of fear when he is on the ice.
same thing happened against MIN. It's funny because Buff looks like he let's up in his hits and kind of glides into it not at 100% full-speed. I think it was Maurice saying if he really tried hitting while skating and with momentum he might actually kill a guy

Reactions: folix

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Its nice to know that the entire NHL can unite itself and put aside our differences with the commonality that Subban is an ass.
Me too..can’t stand his whiny nature.
It’s all about him.
PK is a very good player and if he played with focus he’d be far more valuable to his team.
Hope he keeps up his drama because it makes him far less effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad