Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If the Jets won game 2 ... it would be the Preds who would have 3 PPs at the end of this game.
I am shocked the refs gave PK a penalty ... maybe Bettman gave the refs a call after he saw the Preds tie the game on a cheap penalty to Roslovic.
Bettman ... "People are going to figure out we are tilting the ice to Nashville."
Ref ... "Ok I will start calling the penalties PK is committing."

I agree with that penalty on PK- wasn't really much of a hi-stick--he just lightly tapped him, and Ehlers did a little acting job. With that said--how many times has PK done that to us ?? I guess the REfs will always call hi-sticks whether intentional or not.

I can see how you feel about that though--I felt the same !!!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The Preds D is a fantastic offensive unit and tremendous at puck retrieval and zone exits. Against the rush they are a hot mess, terrible gap control and puck support.

That's where the Jets are underrated. As a collective unit, I think they play a more complete game.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Statsny pik up by our winning GM Chevy--looking better all the time !!! The young guys are playing really tight and a bit timid, and it will be the veterans on the team that will lead us thru these playoffs--hopefully "all the way" The young guys will take confidence from our Vets and start tomproduce. --Go Jets Go !!!

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The Preds D is a fantastic offensive unit and tremendous at puck retrieval and zone exits. Against the rush they are a hot mess, terrible gap control and puck support.

That's where the Jets are underrated. As a collective unit, I think they play a more complete game.

I wouldn't go so far to say they are a hot mess. That is reserved for the Leafs. It's just the Jets forwards are one of the deepest units in the league. We have the best captain in the league. His compete level is off the charts.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Myers best game of the playoffs by far, find me a better younger pairing that plays the minutes and match ups that Trouba and Morrissey do, fantastic, Toby rough first but was fine the rest of the way Buff likes playing with him, he was on display all game long, Chiarot threw a few hits took a few chances in the oz but generally stayed safe.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Somebody if you can post Wheelers interview with Scott Oake at the end of the Game, Friedman all but confirmed something I thought a lot of players think of the crowds noise in Nashville
I found it on my PVR and transcribed it just for you @bustamente...

Oake: Blake, a quick comment on the atmosphere in here tonight, what that meant to the Jets

Wheeler: the great thing about our crowd is there's no frills about it, our noise is all generated by our crowd, our fans, what a special place to play, you know we pinch ourselves every night we come out here, so we're so grateful to our fans and we're just happy to always play hard for them

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Nashville is a fast team, the rest of the hockey world is just realizing the Jets are faster.

The Preds have kept Laine, Ehlers, and Connor out of the goal scoring column. Have to be thinking how much longer they can keep their thumbs in that dike.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Statsny pik up by our winning GM Chevy--looking better all the time !!! The young guys are playing really tight and a bit timid, and it will be the veterans on the team that will lead us thru these playoffs--hopefully "all the way" The young guys will take confidence from our Vets and start tomproduce. --Go Jets Go !!!
No one should ever question Chevy's moves ... he has proven again and again that he knows what he is doing.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I found it on my PVR and transcribed it just for you @bustamente...

Oake: Blake, a quick comment on the atmosphere in here tonight, what that meant to the Jets

Wheeler: the great thing about our crowd is there's no frills about it, our noise is all generated by our crowd, our fans, what a special place to play, you know we pinch ourselves every night we come out here, so we're so grateful to our fans and we're just always happy to always play hard for them

Thank you, reads even better than it sounded

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Nashville is a fast team, the rest of the hockey world is just realizing the Jets are faster.

The Preds have kept Laine, Ehlers, and Connor out of the goal scoring column. Have to be thinking how much longer they can keep their thumbs in that dike.
It's only a matter of time before they score the goalposts can only help Rinnie so much.

Reactions: GNP and Ducky10

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I wouldn't go so far to say they are a hot mess. That is reserved for the Leafs. It's just the Jets forwards are one of the deepest units in the league. We have the best captain in the league. His compete level is off the charts.
Against the Jets tonight, they were a hot mess off the rush. I'd go that far, you can excuse them and go however far you want.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
No one should ever question Chevy's moves ... he has proven again and again that he knows what he is doing.

If we win the Stanley Cup--I think they should make a "statue" of Chevy--and put it in front of the Bell-MTS Center, and give Chevy the architect the credit he deserves. They do that for "star players"--so why not "start GM's.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Against the Jets tonight, they were a hot mess off the rush. I'd go that far, you can excuse them and go however far you want.

They where a hot mess against the rush against Colorado as well. I said in game one that they are vulnerable there and that is the game plan we should be executing. We have started doing that more now and by doing that it is also opening up things for our cycle game as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad